This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 RPG Books are canon...I have proof

For the people that were debating with me on how they don't consider the SG-1 RPG books as canonical resources I asked around and ended up with a forward to this topic http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6471. Look for the posts by StargateBrandManager.
    sigpic

Well, spank me rosy.

That's vaguely depressing really, since by my own professed principles I must therefore accept, until they conflict with the series, the rulings of a publication which considers Daniel Jackson a scientist.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

but just because MGM approves what they say, that doesnt mean the writers agree, it just means that someone higher over there head and not involved in the actual creative process made a decison. i personally am only going to go by what the writers give us

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        but just because MGM approves what they say, that doesnt mean the writers agree, it just means that someone higher over there head and not involved in the actual creative process made a decison. i personally am only going to go by what the writers give us
        I actually don't care what they say. There are so many mistakes in the books - demonstrable contradictions of canon, that I take them with a very large dose of salt. Some of their episode summaries are execrable.

Comment

erm.. What are SG-1 RPG Books?
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

MGM scrutinizes the products created by all of its licensees -- RPG, books and novels, comics, magazines, Saturday morning cartoon spin-offs, etc. That doesn't make them canon.

Canon is what the show's creators (distinct from the show's owners) say is canon.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

hmm i don't know...just b/c my grandparents allow me to do something doesn't mean my parents would allow me to do it. just b/c mgm authorizes it doesn't mean that ppl like brad wright, peter deluise, joe mallozzi, robert cooper, michael greenburg, paul mullie, damien kindler and the rest of the amazing writintg staff (b/c i just can't remember their names) agree with the direction of the books. unless the writers agree...i don't think it's canon...
              My flickr photography.

Comment

If it is canon, it must be considered unstable canon, subject to Jossing at any moment.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I could have seen it as EU canon, maybe, but the amount of mistakes stop me from doing that... time to post on their board now

Comment

Working...
                  X