X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    The Narn/Centauri war.
    Oop, yeah, brain fart. I'd just gotten home from work when I wrote that
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Don't do anything drastic. Just rewatch your favourite episodes.
      As for the movies, here's a viewing order I did for Trek_Girl.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

There's no such thing as drastic, this is THE INTERNET

I've kind of been tossing around watching them in airing order, as they showed originally (wiki airdates show a couple of the movies airing between episodes during season 5). The only thing is, I imagine season 5's production was likely done as an entirely different creative process than that which produced the films; and I really don't want to interrupt the flow of the regular series in favour of one-offs. Besides the nuisance of having to switch discs, I'm sure the regular series narrative serves itself best, while the films serve their own internal story best.

Or am I way off base?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

'In The Beginning' is the story of the Earth/Minbari War and 'Thirdspace' is self-contained; they aired during S4 and 'Beginning' sets up/reminds us of things for events later in S4. 'River of Ugh' and 'A Call to Arms' aired after the end of B5 S5. I still say watch them as they aired. Once you're past an episode in S4 called 'Into The Fire', watch the first two back to back. Quite the viewing experience.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Alrighty then, I'll give that a shot!

I'm just hoping they're not as disappointing an experience as was 'Razor' in the BSG-verse....

Comment

No. No... NO!
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

No, they definitely aren't. In The Beginning, Call to Arms and Thirdspace are brilliant. The River of Souls is so-so, but interesting since it sets the scene for Crusade. Legend of the Rangers is pretty grim by all accounts, but I'd still recommend that any B5 fan watch it at least once. The Lost Tales was a disappointment, mainly because they put their limited budget into CGI rather than hiring extras. Unless the corridors of B5 are teeming with people it's not the same.

By the way, it's really wonderful to be able to follow someone enjoying the show for the first time. I've had the pleasure twice, first when I introduced my boyfriend to it when we started dating three years ago and last year when we watched it with my boyfriend's sister. B5 is also really worth rewatching, because you'll catch those subtle hints early on (such as Delenn building the support for the triluminary starting about half-way into the first season).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Alrighty then, I'll give that a shot!

I'm just hoping they're not as disappointing an experience as was 'Razor' in the BSG-verse....
                  Then don't watch Thirdspace or Legend of the Rangers... Although the former still has some cool stuff...
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I really appreciate that this show doesn't end its seasons on the dreaded "To Be Continued" cliffhangers, but still pushes the story forward in ways that demand resolution.
                    Uhm...yeahh. Wait 'til you see the season 3 finale

Although I don't recall a "To Be Continued" flashing on the screen, the final acts of that ep...wow. Absolutely epic cliffhanger. And that is all that I am going to say about it

I still haven't forgiven the network PTBs for making me wait two months and change for a resolution to that
                    sigpic
                    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
                      Uhm...yeahh. Wait 'til you see the season 3 finale

Although I don't recall a "To Be Continued" flashing on the screen, the final acts of that ep...wow. Absolutely epic cliffhanger. And that is all that I am going to say about it

I still haven't forgiven the network PTBs for making me wait two months and change for a resolution to that
                      I felt that a certain scene or two in the season three ender was a bit of a retread of season's two's finale, tbh. As for the season two finale, well that really blew my socks off! And I had to wait almost a year before season three aired on UK telly! No internet and spoilers for me back then!
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I think the mirroring was intentional, and it worked quite well for me. S3's finale is not only the best episode of B5, but one of the best tv episodes I've ever watched. It's right up there next to TNG's 'The Best of Both Worlds' part 1.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

My S3-5 sets didn't show in the mail today, no B5 tonight

Guess I'm going to spend the night resuming my rewatch of The X-Files instead.

Comment

At least there's good stuff to watch. How far are you into the X?
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              At least there's good stuff to watch. How far are you into the X?
                              Well, I've seen it all before, this is a rewatch. I'm at the beginning of season 2 right now, I just watched the one with the sewer monster thing that's only the second episode of the season. It's nice to see it all again, even if the first season was a little painful to get through. I'm really looking forward to is when things finally start being presented in 16x9 rather than the old 4x3 (I have a 40" widescreen TV)

I hope my sets show up tomorrow, I don't want to wait all weekend...

Oh and speaking of aspect ratios, is there any reason why B5's are kind of wonky? It looks like they've at random chosen some scenes to be filmed in wide and others in fullscreen, but they're all presented in wide on the DVDs so a lot of scenes look absurdly enlarged. It's kind of bizarre, I haven't seen anything else like it.

Comment

I think it has something to do with how they were filmed originally. Is the difference between the 'real' scenes and the cgi scenes?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X