• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary -Reviews & Articles #Announcements ONLY# Spoilers S1-4

Source: http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12027.html

SANCTUARY REVIEW

excerpt:

The first of eight webisodes of Sanctuary debuted on May 14 and kicked the series off in dramatic and thrilling fashion. The story opens in a dark backstreet of London in 1888 with a chilling interchange between Magnus (portrayed by Tapping with a convincing English accent) and John Druitt (a.k.a Jack the Ripper). Druitt is played superbly by Christopher Heyerdahl (Masters of Horror, Stargate Atlantis). From Victorian London, the scene shifts to the modern day and a grisly confrontation between the police and the first of many monsters that Magnus will encounter. This leads to the introduction of another regular character, psychiatrist Will Zimmerman. Zimmerman is played with natural ease by Robin Dunne (Dawson’s Creek, Species 3). In a future webisode Zimmerman will be recruited by Magnus as her protégé. Viewers will also meet Magnus’ spunky daughter, Ashley (Emilie Ullerup), who only briefly appears in Webisode One.

Webisode Two of Sanctuary is scheduled for release on May 28. Like the other segments of the series, it will be around 15 minutes in length. In the longer term, Stage 3 Media is hoping for several seasons, a DVD release and possibly a television deal. The producers are committed, however, to maintaining the show’s online presence and getting its growing fan base involved. Sanctuary can be seen for free on YouTube but is at its best when viewed in High Definition. Webisodes in HD, with stereo sound, can be purchased on the official website, www.sanctuaryforall.com. The website will also provide opportunities for fans to interact with the people making the show and explore the digitally created locations featured in the series. Oonline games and social networking features are also planned.

Thanks for posting that Prion

Here's the direct link to the YouTube site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-v4MJScz0&eurl=

I really enjoyed this first episode, it was well written and well acted by everyone involved. When I first saw the 5 minute preview I didin't know that was AT talking. This character is so different the last thing I think of is Sam, Helen looks like she's going to be a very interesting character. I look forward to the next episode, my only problem is that it won't be until the 28th
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Source: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/05/19/102518.php
      May 19 2007

reviews SANCTUARY

excerpt:

The seventeen minute episode creates an intriguing story. Who is Helen
      Magnus? What is her mission in our reality? What of her ex-fiancée? What happened to
      turn him into a murderer? Why are all these monsters appearing? What will
      convince Zimmerman to join her - his own “monster experience” as a child? The
      writers have done a superb job of hinting at a big story through small
      vignettes, ensuring that viewers will want more. It’s a solid, if familiar, sci-fi plot
      presented in a new format and with a fresh flair. The show’s pace is rapid so
      it will retain the attention of this new generation, yet it is
      gripping.Amanda Tapping, from Stargate SG-1 fame, plays Helen Magnus, the monster hunter - a
      female Van Helsing tracking down bizarre creatures in our world. She’s able
      to show off a British accent and a quieter, very enigmatic character in
      distress. Not distress due to imminent physical danger, but an emotional turmoil. If
      you’re waiting for Sam Carter to appear, you’ll be disappointed. She plays a
      much more subtle character in Magnus. The rest of the cast does a decent job.
      David Hewlitt appears as the psychotic Larry. The crazy guy is just an
      extension of his Rodney character. The law enforcement characters are aggressive and
      not totally believable but, then again, they will mostly be the token red
      shirt characters. The people we want to watch will be Magnus and Zimmerman, who is
      played by Robin Dunne. He’s had experience in the TV and video world. Now he
      gets to take part in a first-of-its-kind sci-fi show. He’s work is solid, if
      standard.

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Comment

I definitely look forward to the next webisode.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just watched it. Seems pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Source: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/05/19/102518.php
            May 19 2007

reviews SANCTUARY

excerpt:

David Hewlitt appears as the psychotic Larry. The crazy guy is just an
            extension of his Rodney character.
            *READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*
            Hmm, I would say Larry is more an extension of David's character on Traders (Grant) then McKay... wtf? McKay...? I did not get that vibe at all.

And who is this Hewlitt person anyway!

Comment

i enjoyed sanctuary but the first webisode didnt seem to explain much about Helen actually does and how people can walk from the past to the future through dat green portal thingy but nicely done for a webisode dat only goes for 17 mins

Comment

Originally posted by charlie shakey View Post
                i enjoyed sanctuary but the first webisode didnt seem to explain much about Helen actually does and how people can walk from the past to the future through dat green portal thingy but nicely done for a webisode dat only goes for 17 mins
                Ah you see that's just it, you have to tune into the next webisode to find out
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i found it much too short

Comment

I saw the first webisode over the weekend and loved it. Amanda was great and her accent was so convincing that if I didn't already know it was her I would've wondered why that British actress looked so familiar.

I also didn't realize that Christopher Heyerdahl was Jack the Ripper. He was also great.

The only thing I didn't like was that I thought Sanctuary had already aired several episodes and was disappointed when I went to the its site and saw that webisode 1 was it for awhile. Bummer.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

How are we supposed to get the free HD version of the first episode because the news article on the front page here at gateworld says we just have to sign up on their page but it still shows that it costs 1.99 when I do it and I can't find it listed in the same area as the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Master843 View Post
                        How are we supposed to get the free HD version of the first episode because the news article on the front page here at gateworld says we just have to sign up on their page but it still shows that it costs 1.99 when I do it and I can't find it listed in the same area as the trailer.
                        You don't get a free HD version...but you can view the wepisode for free either on either Youtube, Veoh or BrightCove:

http://sanctuaryfans.com/site/index....=140&Itemid=69

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          You don't get a free HD version...but you can view the wepisode for free either on either Youtube, Veoh or BrightCove:

http://sanctuaryfans.com/site/index....=140&Itemid=69
                          Thanks. In any case, is it just me or does 1.99 seem a bit steep for a 17 minute video if you buy it? Considering other tv shows (both hour long and half an hour on tv) go for the same price and with this were getting even less...it just seems like the price should be lower for people to seriously consider buying it.

Comment

Thanks. In any case, is it just me or does 1.99 seem a bit steep for a 17 minute video if you buy it? Considering other tv shows (both hour long and half an hour on tv) go for the same price and with this were getting even less...it just seems like the price should be lower for people to seriously consider buying it.
                            You have the option to watch the first 4 for free and you also can purchase the wepisodes in bulk at a discount.

Seeing as this is exclusive content that won't be showing up on TV anytime soon...I think it's a bargain.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

No, I think its way too high. I wonder if this doesn't end again after 8 webisodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X