Simmons returns for 'Spider-Man 4'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simmons returns for 'Spider-Man 4'

J. K. Simmons has confirmed that he will be returning for the upcoming Spider-Man 4.

Speaking to MTV, the Juno star revealed that he would be reprising his role as Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson.

However, the actor dismissed speculation that his character could have a bigger part to play in the forthcoming sequel.

"We've definitely brainstormed ideas for Triple-J, but I have no desire to make Triple-J more of the focus of those movies," he said.

"The amount that I did in 1, 2 and 3 is just exactly right. Like be the wolf. Come in, blow in, do a week, blow out, be the comic relief, and hit the road. And let Tobey [Maguire] and everybody else do the heavy lifting."

According to Simmons, who met with the film's director Sam Raimi over Christmas, production on the blockbuster is scheduled to begin in March 2010.

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire is penning the script, while original stars Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are both expected to return.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...der-man-4.html

It seem like this film will not be coming out until 2011/2012, I would thought it be sooner, whole well i enjoy the last one and will enjoy this one .

Comment

This is good news! Hopefully they make Spiderman 4 darker than the other 3 movies. Spiderman 3 was just way to goofy for my taste.
      "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

I guess I'd been way out of the loop. I didn't even know they've green-lit Spidey 4 already! I thought I read somewhere that Sam Raimi wouldn't do another one after Spidey 3 and that it was going to be new people taking over instead.
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to hear that Simmons will be returning in this one. I think he makes a great Jonah Jameson.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For me the only three people I want back are Maguire, Simmons and Campbell. Knowing that Simmons is back though is great news. His short moments within the movies have always been very enjoyable and one of the best scenes in the films.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X