No announcement yet.

Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacky, for your J/S wedding tut wallie, can you add the textures of the hearts that you have there with the wording you belong etc....I love those. Thank you!!! I tried that tut and I am killing it.
    sigpic

Comment

Taking a look around LiveJournal to see if I can find any textures. Man, how can anyone navigate there?! It's so confusing!
      sigpic
      ~the guitarists~

Comment

Heart Textures:
        hearts-images.zip

My Art using Kitten's tut

Clicky ^^^
        sigpic

Comment

In this massive collection of resources, you’ll find all sorts of resources including: tutorial sites, Photoshop Brushes, patterns, Photoshop Actions, showcases/collections, and much more
          70 Excellent Photoshop Resources
          Gradients***
          sigpic
          sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Thanks for the links. I am always happy when I see new sources for art and for inspiration ..
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Thanks for the resources...AWESOME!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                Heart Textures:
                hearts-images.zip

My Art using Kitten's tut

Clicky ^^^
                Beautiful. And thank you so much for the heart zip!!! AWESOME!
                sigpic

Comment

How to make this,

Steps.

Spoiler:
                  1. Start with a white canvas, I created a 1200 x 900.

2. Take this lovely texture, and set to normal onto your canvas

resize to fit entire canvas, and duplicate it.

3. Take your cap/image, in this case, I used my lovely john and teyla kissing scene,

4. Set this texture,

onto your canvas over your image, fit to frame and delete to liking. Opacity at 66%. Set to lighten.
                  set to multiply, crop to fit in the square of the texture and erase anything that is out of the box.

5. Set this layer,

to the left side of you canvas, to screen.

6. Take this texture,

set to lighten, and place somewhere by your image to give it that scratchy look. Erase anything around your image or to liking.

7. Take this texture,

resize it, lighten it to 66% opacity and erase to liking.

8. Take this texture,

set to lighten at 17% opacity, resize it and erase to liking. I set this texture to just lightly highlight the heart shape next to jt and then I like the effect the left side wings had next to the a border.

9. Take this texture,

set to the right side of your canvas by your picture border and set to lighten at 50% opacity. Align and erase to liking.

10. Take this texture,

Set to screen at 100% opacity.

11. Take this pretty bow,

resize to liking and set to normal at 74% opacity.

Last steps, go to image, adjustment, auto levels, auto contrast, and auto color and VOILA!
                  sigpic

Comment

Fantastic usage of textures Jeyla!
                    sigpic
                    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Thank you, Achaja. I don't know what'd I'd do without textures.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't forget you guys that the new challenge on Beya is up!!!! Here....

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/216568.html

Today I will post the first images for the challenge and you come up with either artwork or fics to accompany that image.

All the details and where you are to leave your choices of pics are in the entry link above. Go out and look for any type of images and let's have some John and Teyla fun!!!!!

And you don't have to make anything if you don't want to but you guys can certainly join in posting any images that you think are interesting and can bring about some ideas for those John and Teyla lovers!

This month March Madness Challenge is titled:

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.
                        sigpic

Comment

Guys...we are so close to our 100th page. To celebrate, if you haven't done so already, post a tut of the following:

1. Your favorite tut site.
                          2. Your favorite texture site
                          3. Your favorite fanart created by you and post it with a tut. *if you've already post a tut do another of your favorites.
                          sigpic

Comment

thanks for the tuts blacky and jeyla
                            sigpic
                            Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

You are most welcomed.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have so many tuts that I want to share with you guys, but I hate having to look up all those files with all those textures that I have and it takes forever. So, this one I just did so I still have the windows of the textures open and hopefully it won't take me hours to figure out.

How to make this:

I used a ton of textures for this one so get ready to save.

Steps:

Spoiler:
                                1. Take a 1200 x 900 blank canvas.

2. Add your desire images, I used these two:
                                2. Set your images to your desire spot and then delete the areas around the smaller image to get them side by side. I resize one of them smaller than the one in the background. Then, flatten or merge your image.
                                3. Take this texture,

resize to fit the entire canvas, set to pin light at 71% opacity.
                                4. Take this texture,

and set to darken and set it to your right upper side of your canvas, at 100%opacity. Erase to liking.
                                5. Take this texture,

I think I inverted it but I"m not sure...*duh* set it to lighten at 54%opacity and resize it to cover your entire canvas. Erase to liking.

6. Take this texture,

set it to lighten at 100% opacity.

7. Take this texture,

and set it to the right side upper corner of your canvas to lighten at 100% opacity.

8. Take this texture,

set it on the left upper hand of your canvas, delete anything on your image's face, set to lighten at 100% opacity.

9. Take this texture,

resize it to fit entire canvas, set to lighten at 100% opacity, delete to desired look.

10. Take this texture,

set to the left middle of your canvas, to lighten at 100% opacity.

11. Take this texture,

set to lighten and at 100%opacity.

12. Take this texture,

set to darken at 26% opacity to your left bottom side of your canvas.

13. Take this texture,

move it so that you don't see the black and only the sparkly effect. Set it to lighten at 100%opacity.

14. Take this texture,

set it to your left side corner of your canvas at lighten at 68%opacity. Delete to your desire.

15. Take this texture,

set it above the right hand upper side of your canvas, to lighten at 100% opacity.

16. Take this texture,

set it to the left side bottom corner at screen to 100% opacity.

I did use auto levels, auto contrast, and auto color, i also used hue and saturation and selective coloring but I didn't save those or write those down. I also added a soft blur the entire canvas. ENJOY!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X