This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora Class Ancient Warship

Let's see what you got on it and what do you think about it.
    sigpic

I found this image on Stargate Wikia. At Aurora section. GOD they got it all wrong! And it's ugly too!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Wow everything seems right but the bridge. Everything else seems logical.

Comment

I think the Auroras were always a bit of a let down. They have an awkward, blocky asymetrical design, lots of random structures sticking out that shouldn't be there( space ships don't need fins). Now compare the Aurora to Galactica, they are night and day. With the Galactica every form has a funtion; hanger bays positioned on the side of the ship, fairly streamlined, weapon systems are statigicaly placed for maximun range of fire and aren't abscured by anything. Ships in stargate don't make a great deal of sense design wise, but I hoping that might change with the Destiny in SG:U.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana worshiper View Post
          I found this image on Stargate Wikia. At Aurora section. GOD they got it all wrong! And it's ugly too!
          I like the Aurora as a ship. But they messed up the bridge.

Comment

Auroras are consistent with Milkyway technology design. Blocky, kinda ugly, utilitarian. Nothing like ancient city ships which are very post modern with spires and glass and aesthetic beauty. Makes sense, you dont put rainbow stickers on ur guns.

Comment

Perhaps the reason the Ancient warhips are so bulky is that they were built quickly. The Ancients were probably not expecting to get into a war anytime soon, so they only had a few proper warhips on standby. When the war with the Wraith started they had to built ships fast, so there was no time to make them look proper.

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
              I like the Aurora as a ship. But they messed up the bridge.
              Same here.

Comment

"Makes sense, you dont put rainbow stickers on ur guns."

Exactly! Aurora looks like a warship and it makes me feel like i'm in trouble - fear-factor.
                sigpic

Comment

Also on Stargate Wikia
                  http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/st...ion_Planet.jpg

If you look at the middle of the ship you can see a small dome like struture. I always thought that is the bridge of the Auroras. It is also visible at the image Ayiana worshiper posted.
                  And compared to that you can see that the bridge windows are quite huge. See here:
                  http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_219_635.JPG (a screencap from Atlantis Season 3 episode 19 - Inferno)

So, IMO its fair to say, the bridge is that dome like structure at the middle of the ship.
                  Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                  Jack: "What?"
                  Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                  Jack: "What?"
                  Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                  Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                  - - - - -
                  Knight Rider S01E11
                  KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                  - - - - -
                  Eureka S03E12
                  Bismarck: This is madness.
                  Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
                    So, IMO its fair to say, the bridge is that dome like structure at the middle of the ship.
                    It is. They jut messed it up.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      makes sense, you dont put rainbow stickers on ur guns.
                      i put rainbow stickers on my guns!!!
                      Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                      sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

i thought the bridge was where the big Glass dome can of thing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantien84 View Post
                          I think the Auroras were always a bit of a let down. They have an awkward, blocky asymetrical design, lots of random structures sticking out that shouldn't be there( space ships don't need fins). Now compare the Aurora to Galactica, they are night and day. With the Galactica every form has a funtion; hanger bays positioned on the side of the ship, fairly streamlined, weapon systems are statigicaly placed for maximun range of fire and aren't abscured by anything. Ships in stargate don't make a great deal of sense design wise, but I hoping that might change with the Destiny in SG:U.
                          all lantean designs follow a geomertrial style, strong shapes and lines. I like the evoloution of design we have seen from the gate to the jumper, atlantis and the aurora class all use this concept.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
                            i thought the bridge was where the big Glass dome can of thing is.
                            It is, you can clearly see its location in the Episode Travellers where it gets blown up. Its large and window-y like the StarWars bridge at the start of Episode 3.

Comment

The Aurora Class Warship is a let down. The drones are too collateral conscience when dealing with the numerous Wraith. The designers lost out when they made it lopsided and took away its symmetry.

How long does it take to find who you are fighting. The Ancients fought for 100 years and lost. It would have made sense to add a weapon similar to their satellite weapons and blow away a Hive ship from a distance.

They could have dropped out of hyper-space knowing their exact position and hopefully destroy any Hive or Cruiser before launching any darts.

Comment

Working...
                              X