Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you really Saddened by the loss of Stargate Atlantis or will you be ok?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you really Saddened by the loss of Stargate Atlantis or will you be ok?

I am sure there are many threads out there about the cancellation of the show , but how does one really feel is it a great loss to them or is it just a television show and eventually will get over it.

I am sad , but i am getting over it and looking to the future

so don't be scared to say how you really feel just say what on your mind about the cancellation of this great show , thanks
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Well, in a way I'm sad. Actually this is the first time I've ever really been in a way really sad that a TV series has ended.

That said, my sadness is odd in the sense that while I did feel sad as if something has gone from my life, it didn't take over my life completely and led me to brood or whatever. This is because my mind is firmly grounded that SGA is just a TV show.

So as confusing as it may sound to some people, I'm sad yes, but not so overly sad that it's taken over my life because I realise that it's just a TV show. However that said, I'd jump for joy and probably throw a party if SGA or SG1 was reinstated.

Comment

Right i totally agree , but i think it will be alright,

i knew some people that where deeply saddened by the loss of Star Trek Enterprise i mean they tried to save the show and everything with rallies and protests and raising money, however it is very sad , but i think people will be alright
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I don't care
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

I have mixed emotions. I am upset, pissed, mad, angry, fustrated, and worried about the SG franchise for pulling such an idiotic move. I have been trying to avoid GW, because with the way I feel, I will be bunking heads with people who have nothing nice to say about this amazing show.
          sigpic

Comment

i was sad when sg-1 ended not and im annoyed i wont see the characters again cept for movie.. but the writing has gone so downhill recently that i think it was time for the series to finish so im not that sad

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
              i was sad when sg-1 ended not and im annoyed i wont see the characters again cept for movie.. but the writing has gone so downhill recently that i think it was time for the series to finish so im not that sad
              Writing down hill? Have you even watched the last 2 seasons? Episodes like "The Shrine", "Vegas", "Daedalus Variations", "Ghost in the Machine", First Contact, The Prodigal, Midway, The Last Man, Be All my sins remember'd, This Mortal Coil, Doppleganger, Lifeline, The Kindred", and many more have proved these writers can raise the bar and prove a very dynamic strong show.
              sigpic

Comment

SGA had gone so far downhill (IMHO of course) that I wasn't sad, only releived it ended. pretty bad eh? When SG1 ended I was distraught....well very sad atleast!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  SGA had gone so far downhill (IMHO of course) that I wasn't sad, only releived it ended. pretty bad eh? When SG1 ended I was distraught....well very sad atleast!
                  See, I'm of the opposite opinion. I thought that SG-1 should have ended when Jack left, and what came after I could have done without. And while I agree that there were problems with SGA (inconsistent writing of characters for example) I thought it was s till good enough to look forward to.

Either way, I will survive its cancellation...eventually.

Comment

Honestly I am very very sad to see SGA go. It is kind of akin to losing your best friend in a fiery car crash or something. I will miss the whole universe that had been created through the plot. But I miss the characters the most I think, the interactions between them and the relationships they had forged throughout these five years. I will miss my weekly Rodney snarking, Radek swearing and muttering in Czech, John and his untameable hair, Ronon and his 'shoot first, ask questions later' attitude, Telya for her calm presence..And Carson for his well, basically everything. Heck I will even miss Woolsey! (However I will refuse to miss Keller. )

So yes, I will miss SGA and my in little world I will solider on with the delusion that the show ending is actually some sort of perverse and horrible dream.
                    Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

No I am not saddened because it was time for SGA to go. There was no hope that the show would get any better. It only got gradually worse. I am more sad about the fact that David Tennant is leaving as the doctor (though that was also bound to happen sooner or later) and the end of BSG but SGA? No. Too many goo chances wasted and lost. Leave it up to the fanfic writers to fix the mess the SGA writers have made.
                      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

It sucks the life out of me knowing that it has ended. I'm going to miss watching it since I'm not the type that goes out on Friday nights. It has always been my entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                          No I am not saddened because it was time for SGA to go. There was no hope that the show would get any better. It only got gradually worse.
                          That is YOUR opinion. The majority loved the last 2 seasons, and wanted the show to continue, so sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Saddened that the show ended, no. Saddened that the show didn't live up to its potential, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              That is YOUR opinion.
                              Yes of course it. Why should I talk for the whole fandom. The idea of this thread was after all to state our own personal oppinion and that is mine.
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X