Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not forget that SGU worlds are all gonna be like the Sg1 and Sga settings, The Canadian wilderness !

Jack O'Neil, "What a nice green universe we have".

They need to shoot in some sub tropical locations, You never see a planet surface resembling the amazon or Bermuda.

Comment

Originally posted by mathfun View Post
      Well, they are looking for locations in New Mexico. I see Roswell and the Asgard coming into play. Maybe a video link in the ship will show Thor arriving on Earth just after the big crash at Roswell.
      Yeah. Or, you know...it could be the fact that they said that they're looking into having more desert planets and fewer forest planets.

Comment

Originally posted by amforster View Post
        4) The mystery ship aliens that attacked atlantis and messed with Carter
        You mean the Prometheus, right? In "Grace"?
        5) Asgard will be in it (another lost tribe)
        I hope not, but it is possible.

7) Furlings will defn be in it!
        Definitely, huh? Well, if you're certain...

Comment

We will never see the Furlings. And it's better that way.

Perfecto!

Comment

Joe Mallozzi has said
            Spoiler:
            there would be no human aliens, no English-speaking aliens and so far there are no forest planets
            Last edited by Lahela; 17 January 2009, 12:27 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Personally, I like the Ancients and would love to see as much of them as possible. But I really don't care that much as long as we see no more Replicators and no more lost tribes of Asgard! New aliens please!

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              Joe Mallozzi has said
              Spoiler:
              there would be no human aliens, no English-speaking aliens and so far there are no forest planets
              That will certainly make things a bit more interestimg!

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                Joe Mallozzi has said
                Spoiler:
                I'm not sure that's strictly true, there may be English speaking aliens, but there'll just be a reason for it ie translation technology etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  I'm not sure that's strictly true, there may be English speaking aliens, but there'll just be a reason for it ie translation technology etc etc.
                  It can be assumed that the Ancients had some kind of translater. Otherwise we'd have to learn a new language every single episde, and that wouldn't work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                    It can be assumed that the Ancients had some kind of translater. Otherwise we'd have to learn a new language every single episde, and that wouldn't work very well.
                    I agree. Simplest thing to do would be a headset kind of thing. Say that the Ancients built it and that the probes that the Destiny sends out(they DID say it'll have its own form of MALP) are able to rapidly collect and interpret local languages and supply patterns for translation, which get uploaded into those headset thingies. I'd love it if they had some "untranslatables" once in a while...You know, swear words...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                      I agree. Simplest thing to do would be a headset kind of thing. Say that the Ancients built it and that the probes that the Destiny sends out(they DID say it'll have its own form of MALP) are able to rapidly collect and interpret local languages and supply patterns for translation, which get uploaded into those headset thingies. I'd love it if they had some "untranslatables" once in a while...You know, swear words...

I never heard that the Destiny will have it's own from of MALP, but it'll be good to have a change from the norm for a while. And either a headset or something like a hearing aide would work quite well. I'd imagine something more like a hearing aide, because headsets can get in the way during combat.

Comment

Or something alien like farscapes translator microbes or babel fish or the worm thingies the vong have in SW maybee some aliens could have some alien methods

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          That is what I was thinking too.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                          X