Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read through the entire thread so if this question has been asked before, just let me know. But is QMX planning to make any full size replica props from the show?
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      I haven't read through the entire thread so if this question has been asked before, just let me know. But is QMX planning to make any full size replica props from the show?
      I believe a full size 304 would be quite difficult and expensive. But yeah, maybe some smalller props would be nice, like zat'nikatels, or simple stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
        I believe a full size 304 would be quite difficult and expensive. But yeah, maybe some smalller props would be nice, like zat'nikatels, or simple stuff.
        Haha, very funny

I think Zat's were done by, was it Lightspeed Fine Arts? As were Staff weapons and those Retu detector things. But there are many other props (I'd LOVE to see a healing and ribbon device - I SO wanted to win those when the originals were sold on ebay a few months ago!) that could be done among others.
        sigpic

Comment

Yep, props are definitely on our license. And, just for the record, I don't think anyone's made the Zat I'd really like to own – the one that opens and closes.

So, what prop would you like to see us make?

1:1 scale F-302? Hm. Well, we might want to start a little smaller with our line of life-size tactical spacecraft – maybe a Death Glider?

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by QMx Andy View Post
            Yep, props are definitely on our license. And, just for the record, I don't think anyone's made the Zat I'd really like to own – the one that opens and closes.
            Absolutely with you there. Love to see a staff weapon like that as well.

So, what prop would you like to see us make?
            My top two would be a healing device and ribbon device

I've got an original pain stick from the set but those would be nice to release en masse as well
            sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see an operating Zat'nikatel in the sense it opens and closes. Would be hard to make I'd assume, a cheap way would be to spring load it, hit a catch to release. you'd have to manually close it though.
              Then again, who's buying replicas to play with?

Comment

Um, no one! Really! (hides TOS phaser with working lights and sound behind back).

;-)

On the Zat: My ideal scenario is we would make them exactly like the screen-used heroes (the later generation ones that used a wire rig to open and close).

Comment

So - when can we expect them for sale?
                  sigpic

Comment

That depends on the prop shop. They're completely slammed making stuff for Universe right now, and as much as I'd like to think we take priority, even I'm not that deluded ;-)

Comment

That depends on the prop shop. They're completely slammed making stuff for Universe right now, and as much as I'd like to think we take priority, even I'm not that deluded ;-)
                      Ahh, come on. All the money they can make in royalties. . .

They give you a sample item from the set to mold and make masters from, don't they? Or do you actually sculpt the items based on ref pics?

Hopefully, they'll have some nice props crop up for Universe as well that you'll be able to make for the rabid fan base.
                      sigpic

Comment

They give you a sample item from the set to mold and make masters from, don't they? Or do you actually sculpt the items based on ref pics?
                        That's one way to do it. An even better way to do it would be to have them make them all :-) The guys in the Stargate prop shop made our replicator chips for us, which was way beyond cool.

Hopefully, they'll have some nice props crop up for Universe as well that you'll be able to make for the rabid fan base.
                        That's our hope as well. Of course, Stargate has a long history of making some of the awesome props ever, way back to the movie. So I think the odds are good we're going to see some pretty amazing stuff on Universe.

Comment

That's one way to do it. An even better way to do it would be to have them make them all :-) The guys in the Stargate prop shop made our replicator chips for us, which was way beyond cool.
                          Ahh, nice! No importing from China
                          sigpic

Comment

As far as props go, I'd love to see...
                            Wraith stunner (pistol type)
                            Anti-Replicator Gun (Atlantis version)
                            T.E.R.
                            Hologram Disguise Device (from "Foothold")
                            GDO
                            Jack's sunglasses
                            Mini-DHD pen/pencil holder (not exactly a replica, but don't you think it would compliment the Stargate mirror quite well? )

Comment

Is the 302 the only product that is upcoming? Do you have anything else slated for this year?

Ship Ornaments, maybe? A set of 3 ships with stands on a pretty display base?
                              sigpic

Comment

Is the 302 the only product that is upcoming? Do you have anything else slated for this year?
                                Absolutely not! We've got two new products in the pipeline right now – one that I think won't surprise anyone (but should be a lot of fun), one that I think will come as a big surprise. I also want to do at least one more mid-scale ship in the next six months and one studio scale with lights, etc. The reception from customers on the F-302 has been *awesome*, so I think you can pretty much bank on us returning to that form factor soon.

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X