Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of the classic Goa'uld ships would look good, from smaller ships like the al'kesh and tel'tac cargo ship (which would compliment the F-302, even if not at exactly the same scale, seeing as how they all took part in episodes like "Lost City"), to the larger ha'tak mothership (which would go well with Odyssey).
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I'm rather fond of the Al'kesh, myself. Anyone else like to see us do that one?

Comment

Oooh yeah. I do like the shape of the Al'kesh, it's so unconventional. Yeah, I'd love to see a model of that too. And that enterprise is amazing. Beautiful detail.

Comment

I plan on picking up the very awesome Stargate mirror pretty soon, but I was wondering if you plan on making an Atlantis version of it?

Originally posted by QMx Andy View Post
          what ship(s) do *you* think we should do next?

What mid-scale (~8 inches) ships?
          What studio-scale (~15-20 inches) ships?
          What model kits (so you could build your own)?
          When it comes to mid-scale, I would really like to see the Death Glider made, as well as the "Needle-Threader" that Teal'c and Hammond used, Al'kesh and the Goa'uld cargo ship.

Although the larger scale ships such as the Daedalus class and motherships are best left to the larger scale due to the amount of detail, it would be nice to see the larger ships done in the mid-scale for those of us with smaller wallets.

I'm rather fond of the Al'kesh, myself. Anyone else like to see us do that one?
          I would absolutely love to see an Al'kesh, it's easily one of the best designs they've created for the show.

Comment

Heya JG -

No plans right now on the Atlantis gate as a mirror, but that could change if a bunch of you want to see it. Our next "gate" will likely be smaller – a lot smaller (hint, hint). And then I'd like to do a "studio scale" diorama style, like the SGC gateroom? But that probably won't be for a while.

So, I gotta ask everyone a question re: Atlantis. Now that the show's over, do you think interest in Atlantis-themed collectibles will fade? I mean, I'm a fan of the show (especially this last season – which was *awesome*), but Universe will be out pretty soon and I'm not sure Atlantis achieved quite the iconic status that SG-1 did?

Death Glider is a definite mid-scale project. Only issue we're wrestling with right now is the base. I'd like it to be some kind of ancient landscape – nothing so fancy as it'd drive the price up. But we really like the idea that the stands should be more than just something to hold the replica up

Oh dang! Did I just make another product announcement? Must... stop... talking...

Comment

I think a nice simple base could be just a few pine tree tips, or maybe just some plastic clouds on a blue base!
              As for Atlantis items, I'm not so sure. I've no doubt some puddle jumpers would sell, but I feel the ships shown in the show never quite peaked in quality compared to SG1. But this is better left answered to a bigger fan of Atlantis.

Comment

I think some white clouds would be a great base for the Death Glider model!

The Atlantis fanbase is almost as big as the SG-1 fanbase. And as far as I know, the Diamond Select Toys collection of Atlantis figures did pretty well. I would really like to see an Atlantis gate, but like I said, something a little bigger than the mirror. There is tons of little detail in the stargate that can only be seen on a larger model. After that I would say a Puddle Jumper, City of Atlantis, and Wraith Darts would be high on the list of fans. Maybe blueprints of the city, but that might be a large task.

Besides ships, I would like to see Ronan's gun, and a Z(ed)PM.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for all the really great feedback. This is *hugely* helpful. I think we'll post protos of the Death Glider base when we have one so you can comment. The cloud base is a good idea, but do you think maybe a little generic? That was what was so cool about the Prometheus flight deck - it felt like it belonged with the F-302. Also, it gave us an excuse to show it with the gears extended – which are really detailed, skinny little things.

Blueprints of Atlantis; hm. I think that maybe that's something we can do (we've had some experience with Blueprints). But, know what I'd like first? A wall-sized map of the Gate network!

We've had a number of folks suggest Ronan's pistol. I'd also really like to do a Zat mechanical – push a button and it pops open!

Comment

Blueprints of Atlantis; hm. I think that maybe that's something we can do (we've had some experience with Blueprints).
                    I've noticed a number of threads pop up around the forum at various times, asking about blueprints/floorplans of Atlantis as a part of trying to figure out where certain locations are. So I think a lot of people would greatly welcome official blueprints of the city. Perhaps also blueprints for the various ships we've seen on both series? I'd love to get blueprints for the Daedalus-class and Aurora-class ships.

But, know what I'd like first? A wall-sized map of the Gate network!
                    You could even do two: One of the Milky Way network, one of the Pegasus network.

We've had a number of folks suggest Ronan's pistol.
                    In addition to his pistol, how about his sword? Maybe the two of them as a set?

As to the popularity of Atlantis merchandise... As quade_1 mentioned, the DST figures sold well; there's another series of SGA figures set to come out in the near future and DST certainly seems interested in continuing the line. Fandemonium plans to continue publishing SGA (and SG-1) novels. Big Finish will be releasing new SGA (and SG-1) audio dramas later this year. They all certainly still see a market for Atlantis products, and I think there will continue to be one.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I've noticed a number of threads pop up around the forum at various times, asking about blueprints/floorplans of Atlantis as a part of trying to figure out where certain locations are. So I think a lot of people would greatly welcome official blueprints of the city. Perhaps also blueprints for the various ships we've seen on both series? I'd love to get blueprints for the Daedalus-class and Aurora-class ships.

You could even do two: One of the Milky Way network, one of the Pegasus network.
                      How about all on one, gigantic, two-sided map?

Blueprints are doable. Just takes time. The research is the most time-consuming, but it's important to make sure we don't violate story continuity if we're going to the trouble to create "official" blueprints.

In addition to his pistol, how about his sword? Maybe the two of them as a set?
                      Hm. Could get pricey. I mean, you'd want it made out of metal, right? (even though the prop sword was probably hard rubber)

As to the popularity of Atlantis merchandise... As quade_1 mentioned, the DST figures sold well; there's another series of SGA figures set to come out in the near future and DST certainly seems interested in continuing the line. Fandemonium plans to continue publishing SGA (and SG-1) novels. Big Finish will be releasing new SGA (and SG-1) audio dramas later this year. They all certainly still see a market for Atlantis products, and I think there will continue to be one.
                      Excellent points. We knew about the DST figures, but not all the spinoff novels. And if Universe is a hit (as we fully expect it to be), that could also bring new viewers to the older material.

Comment

How about all on one, gigantic, two-sided map?
                        That could make framing it difficult.

Blueprints are doable. Just takes time. The research is the most time-consuming, but it's important to make sure we don't violate story continuity if we're going to the trouble to create "official" blueprints.
                        Very understandable, and I'm certainly willing to wait a little longer if it means I can get a really accurate, high-quality product.

Hm. Could get pricey. I mean, you'd want it made out of metal, right? (even though the prop sword was probably hard rubber)
                        Heh. Well, the prop used in fight scenes no doubt was rubber for safety reasons, but I can well imagine that they had one made from metal for those close-up beauty shots. As for the price, there are other companies out there that produce replica weapons (off the top of my head, there's Museum Replicas and Chivalry Sports, among others), and they're not cheap either. It really comes down to how much consumers are willing to pay for a well-made product.

Excellent points. We knew about the DST figures, but not all the spinoff novels. And if Universe is a hit (as we fully expect it to be), that could also bring new viewers to the older material.
                        Definitely. Certainly in my own case, Atlantis reinvigorated my interest in SG-1, which had been flagging up until that point.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I am a big Atlantis fan and know many people who love the show and were disappointed in its cancellation. I don't collect SG1 stuff, but would love to see more Atlantis items, for years to come. I personally would like to see the Pegasus version of the mirror! Also, I would like to see small replicas of ships (4" to 8" range or so) of things like the Wraith Cruiser, Aurora Class, or Ancient City Ship. Keeping them small scale will reduce manufacturing costs and allow me to collect multiples of each!

That is my view; anyone else agree?
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'd rather go for quality of the items, than buying a large quantity of undetailed items. Quality over quantity, as the old saying goes. But yeah A few Atlantis ship models would be interesting to see. Perhaps not any Traveller ships though, they always looked tacky.
                            It'd be like you glued together bits out of the reject model bin!

Comment

To all of the above I'd also add a Goa'uld Ha'tak mothership.

The high-quality replicas like the 302 look fantastic, but I'd also like to see a line that is more affordable for casual collectors -- even something as small as the Titanium line that Hasbro has done for Star Wars and BSG. I love my little diecast Colonial Viper. I'd really love to have some models or replicas or toys based on the ships of Stargate that are in the $8-20 range.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hey there everyone – dumb little aside:

We just put this "Earth Glyph" bumper sticker up on the site. What do you think?

Funny but embarrassing story: When we first developed the oval bumper sticker concept last year, I was the one who came up with the "SGC" sticker for Stargate (and very proud of myself, I was!) The Earth Glyph never occurred to me until a few weeks ago when I was rewatching the original movie and they started making all the fuss about the "point of origin" glyph.

What's really embarrassing is that whole line of stickers are called the "Point of Origin" series. D'oh!

If you're interested in more details, here's the product page.

Comment

Working...
                                X