• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The British 304

So, we've so far seen the Russians with a 304, the Korolev,
    Spoiler:
    and the Chinese 304, The Sun Tzu
    so I'm assuming the British should get their own 304 soon, since they are in the alliance.
    So I made this thread to speculate what their ship would be called. Would it go after Generals, or Greek gods, or just something British?

So go ahead and venture what you think it'd be called, serious or not! My picks so far are as follows:
    The margaret thatcher
    The Earl Grey

Most likely it will be a multi-national ship owned by all European countries that are currently in on the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
      Most likely it will be a multi-national ship owned by all European countries that are currently in on the project.
      Why?

The EU has no military of its own and a mixed nations crew just wouldn't work very well.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
        Why?

The EU has no military of its own and a mixed nations crew just wouldn't work very well.
        Agreed it wouldnt make much sense.
        If i had to think of a name id probably go with The Churchill after Winston Churchill. I think i could cope with most names really but if it was called the Prince Albert, i doubt id keep a straight face.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
          mixed nations crew just wouldn't work very well.
          A E.U ship would end up fighting with each other than the enemy

I could see a british 304 being more of a carrier that the others and either being named:
          1. After the royal family (e.g HMS Prince of wales)
          2. After a famous british person (e.g HMS Nelson, HMS Churchill)
          3. Or follow the naming traditions of the Royal Navy

Personaly I would call it called HMS Ark Royal

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
            A E.U ship would end up fighting with each other than the enemy

I could see a british 304 being more of a carrier that the others and either being named:
            1. After the royal family (e.g HMS Prince of wales)
            2. After a famous british person (e.g HMS Nelson, HMS Churchill)
            3. Or follow the naming traditions of the Royal Navy

Personaly I would call it called HMS Ark Royal
            Personally I'd like a british 304 named after Churchill, then another US 304 named after FDR.
            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

It wouldn't be a joint European ship. I would name it the HMS Victory after Nelson's flagship at Trafalgar. Or the Ark Royal after the current flagship.

Comment

HMS Victory does sound good.

Comment

The Dauntless.

And we won't get one. We're a friend of the US, not trying to blackmail them. They only give ships to countries who try and screw them over

Comment

Well, we better side with the Russians and Chinese then!

Comment

There have recently been some threads about this topic, well about who should get the next 304 or Earth ship and the general consensus is that vessel production and crewing should become an international affair.
                      It makes much greater sense than the US being the only ones to make them and then say sell them to other nations, or get bribed into doing it.

Comment

Only problem with that, is America is still the only one who can mine the needed Naquadah. So they still hold all the strings to production of the ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                          Only problem with that, is America is still the only one who can mine the needed Naquadah. So they still hold all the strings to production of the ships.
                          Materials can be mined and brought back through the Stargate to say build some transport/mining ships and then the US can teach the other nations how to build their own, or start using the Matter Converters to get the job done, but eventually every nation will be on a level footing, it will take some time but it's doable within a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            There have recently been some threads about this topic, well about who should get the next 304 or Earth ship and the general consensus is that vessel production and crewing should become an international affair.
                            The only way you can do this is to create a new international military dedicated solely to crewing 304s.

You can mix more than one service on the same ship. The chain of command would be a nightmare.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

the doctor!
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X