Fox: 'Lost will have epic conclusion'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox: 'Lost will have epic conclusion'

Matthew Fox has promised Lost fans that the show will have a "global and epic ending".

The ABC drama is to air its fifth and penultimate season later this month, and Fox insisted that ending the show was a good idea.

"All of us knew that if the show was strung out indefinitely, it was going to ruin the story," he told Details. "It's not like a doctor drama, where you have a new case each week.

"This show started with a plane crash on an island in the South Pacific, and it's going to have a very global and epic ending."

The 42-year-old, who plays Jack Shephard, added that he was pleased at how his character had been developed throughout the series.

"When it's all said and done, you'll be able to look at the six seasons of Lost and see a pretty amazing character arc," he said. "Jack has been evolving, and not necessarily into a good place.

"We started the show with him being this hero who had no concept of what that required, sort of trying to live up to the expectations . . . and then finding the way to redeem himself."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...onclusion.html

Fox: 'Lost ending will be a relief'
    Wednesday, January 14 2009, 09:34 GMT

By Lara Martin

Matthew Fox has confessed that it will be a "relief" when Lost ends.

The actor plays Jack Shephard in the ABC drama, which will air its fifth and penultimate season later this month.

"Personally, it's a relief," he told Details. "I owe this show a great amount, and I think it's exceptionally good . . . [but] I am looking forward to the freedom that comes with not working on one project professionally."

Fox added that he is also looking forward to moving from Lost's Hawaiian location to be nearer his relatives in Oregon.

"My major motivation is to be closer to family. My brother is [in Oregon], my mother is there. I really miss that kind of wide open space."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...-a-relief.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Matthew Fox has promised Lost fans that the show will have a "global and epic ending".
      I really can't wait to find out what he means by that. I hope it truly is an epic ending.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
      X