This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Sign-In Sheet/Introductions

just thought that i'd put in a new thread for all the newbies to say 'allo' to everyone in the forum...coz i couldn't find anywhere else to do so

well i'm just your regular Aussie SG-1 fan who has been watching since Children of the Gods, who curses and moans when channel 7 take SG-1 off air and then changes the time-slot, who was peeved when Daniel left, who took a while to get used to Jonas, who actually cried (a little) when (spoilers S7 Heroes Part 2)
    Spoiler:
    Fraser died
    even though she was quite irritating to me at least ever since that overly feminist episode where Carter and Fraser went all 'you go girl' fighting Hathor, who buys the box-sets and watches them repeatedly only because it's much faster than watching them on tape, who cannot believe there will be a ninth season (THANK GOD), who quotes the language of the ancients as from the mouth of jack like a broken record (bend your kosars) and who is actually studying archaeology... most probably because the archaeology / culture side of stargate became more enthralling than the astro-physics side...what can i say....Daniel got hot when he got rid of the flop / mop ... hehehehe

so just out of curiosity, what's the go with this SG-1 forum as such, simply asking because i've been out of the loop with the internet fan-dom for SG-1 for the past two years... (what can i say? being a poverty stricken university student has definately made keeping up-to-date difficult)

hope to be hearing from someone soon

P.S. metaphorical brownie points to those who can name the episode and season from which my sign-in name was inspired...?!??!?!
    Last edited by Major Clanger; 28 November 2004, 03:03 AM. Reason: major massive spoiler alert!!
    O'Neill: I'm telling you, Teal'c. If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna' lose it.
    O'Neill: Lose it. It means, "Go crazy", "Nuts", "Insane", "Bonzo", "No longer in possession of one's faculties", "Three fries short of a Happy Meal", "WACKO!"

Welcome to the Forum! We actually do have a thread for newbie's to introduce themselves. It's called Welcome, New Members! and is located in the Off-Topic folder. Probably a bit hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for. Anyway, hope you enjoy the Forum!
    Rocky

Comment

Hi 2 Fries and welcome!!

As was pointed out we have a Welcome New Members thread in the Off Topic Chatter forum, which you can find here.

The forum FAQ should answer any and all of your questions about the forum, including the preferred weapon of choice of each of the mods (although don't believe all you hear, we're all fluffy-bunny-wunnies really)

Should, however, the FAQ not provide the answers you seek, you could try the Ask the Mods thread which is also in the Off Topic Chatter section. (and don't worry: that thread is looong, you are NOT going to get reamed and told to 'read the backlog'.) This thread covers everything from forum etiquette to the running order of future eps. (It is not the place to ask for the Answer To Life The Universe and Everything. That's a different show anyway and is covered elsewhere - and in excruciating detail - on the internet. We have been known to help with homework in the past though, although no guarantees are given)

Jump in and start talking!!!

Major Clanger

GateWorld Moderator
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X