Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clone was an absolutley terrible idea in the first place, brining him back would be even worse. It worries me that so many people think of this and actually think it would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
      The way the OP put it, it's like trying to put Jack O'Neill back into the franchise since the clone also had Jack O'Neill's brains as well as his (young) body. McKay, Woolsey and Lorne were all minor and recurring characters in SG1 so their use wasn't exactly repetitive, and I didn't like Carter's inclusion; it struck me as the "tactic" used by Star Trek DS9 producers to shoehorn Worf into the series to get old TNG veterans to watch it.

Taking an established character with a lot of history instead of trying something new does seem like a stupid idea to me.
      A bit of topic - I completely disagree with the shoe horning Worf comment. The writers realised that they had not really fully told the story of worf in TNG (he didn't get that much of a chance to develop his character) the same goes for O'brien, he was no more than a bit part character in TNG. They didn't take the main characters from TNG, IF they had taken Picard/Data/Riker/Troy/Crusher(Annoying one or more annoying one)/L'Forge then that would have been bad as their stories had been told quite thoroughly (the writers didn't even like Crusher, in SG1/Atlantis she would have been written out for good very early on - only problem was Dr Polanski was probably one of the worst character ever (got quite bored of her Data bashing).

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        The clone was an absolutley terrible idea in the first place, brining him back would be even worse. It worries me that so many people think of this and actually think it would be good.
        i thought it was a pretty good episode. and again beliveable in the Sci-Fi realm of posibilities.

Rogue Asgard doing experiments, hears about oneil so ummm yea hes going to make a clone of him to do what he can, gets busted..

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
          i thought it was a pretty good episode. and again beliveable in the Sci-Fi realm of posibilities.

Rogue Asgard doing experiments, hears about oneil so ummm yea hes going to make a clone of him to do what he can, gets busted..
          The premise isn't what's bad, it's the ramifications of keeping him alive as if it's no big deal that's stupid, not to mention the writing, there is no way in hell Jack of all people would just accept what had happened and go along quietly to high school...

Comment

The premise isn't what's bad, it's the ramifications of keeping him alive as if it's no big deal that's stupid, not to mention the writing, there is no way in hell Jack of all people would just accept what had happened and go along quietly to high school...
            have you known any old lifetime soldiers? if you offered them a chance to start over again without undoing all the good they did mind you thats the kicker there he knew everything was in good hands so he took the chance to relive his life

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
              have you known any old lifetime soldiers? if you offered them a chance to start over again without undoing all the good they did mind you thats the kicker there he knew everything was in good hands so he took the chance to relive his life
              That currently had a job like O'neill's? No. He would never give up the life he was living to go back to high school.

Comment

I am looking forward to meeting brand new characters on SGU, not rehashing young clones of old favourites. SGU needs to stand on its own legs and if a Jack O'Neill clone is involved, there would be so much referral back to 'what would he have done on SG1'. I think that would detract from SGU somewhat.
                sigpic

Comment

That currently had a job like O'neill's? No. He would never give up the life he was living to go back to high school.
                  Yeah, uh, I have serious doubts O'Neill would want to give up traveling to other planets and fighting aliens for a living

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                    Yeah, uh, I have serious doubts O'Neill would want to give up traveling to other planets and fighting aliens for a living
                    Which is why Clo'neill would have such a large desire to rejoin the Stargate program once he was able to do so. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he shows up at some point. Take my word for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X