This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
    if that is the case then all 304s that have an asgard core would have a secondary bridge on the ship wouldnt they?
    only odesy has the full core and full set of upgrades the others just have one asgard computer sensors hyberdrive sheilds and wepons

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The royal navy ship names have included:

Hermes
      Theseus
      Perseus
      Hercules
      Polyphemus
      Hector
      Achilles
      Minotaur
      Pallas
      Bellerophon
      Penelope
      Agamemnon
      Ajax
      Orion....to name but a few, I dont think we should go down a stereotypical route of a ship name system. They should all be earth vessels, not American or Russian.

sigpic

Comment

Bellerophon
        that one would be REALLY cool. i mean, its the hero that tamed pegasus..... just as the deadalus was the inventor-it was the first ship, and in a way, the "inventor" of the 302. just as the Oddyssey has its oddyssey[long journey home] in Unending, just as the Apollo[god of light and music] has its "bright" moment during First Strike.[there was alot of light. from the nukes].

just as the phoenix was ressurected[alternate timeline destroyed, and now its "ressurected" in ours].

the korolev was the first russian 304, just as Korolev was the first russian in space.
        sun tzu wrote the art of war, just as the 304 shows the art of war. after all, its a warship.

in that way, the Bellerophron could destroy the Wraith

Comment

I think Belleraphon is a cool name too, wouldn't name my child Belleraphon but it is great for a ships title. I liked Agamemnon but dont think i could say "Earth Vessel - Agamemnon" after a few drinks!.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            I think Belleraphon is a cool name too, wouldn't name my child Belleraphon but it is great for a ships title. I liked Agamemnon but dont think i could say "Earth Vessel - Agamemnon" after a few drinks!.
            hey, Agamemon is an awesome name, it was in Babylon 5!

Comment

HMS agamemon was a battle ship that fough at trafalgar.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

and still sounds kool.
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

after the odessey got theres all other ships were caaled back to earth to receive the new upgrades.

Spoiler:

Comment

Yes they didnt get an asgard core but. Think about it anyone captures the ship they'll know everything about you and you're tech.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

todd didnt care much for that in the lost tribe.

Spoiler:

Comment

The bridge is located on the back, see http://stargate.mgm.com/extras/
                        and there you have your proof
                        PS stargate.mgm.com is an official stargatesite so they better have the right facts

:

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          I've thought about getting a Taur'i ship to act as the Gate Bridge as well-The other big plus is that a Warship is only 9 days(2 Days if ZedPM'd) away at most if you need help!

What about beaming up Earths Gate onto Oddessy and transforming her into the SGC-It eliminates a lot of risk to Earth by having Earths front door in orbit rather than among the Civilian Population. If in Saeson 1 SG-1 we had Prometheus by some fluke of Time Travel-would Earth have been put at less risk (Not the having a starship part but from having the only gate access in orbit)
                          I love both ideas! Put the dronechair in orbit too!

Comment

but not HMS...should just be "Earth Vessel - ???", this should be for every nation to show that it is a unified global vessel

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                              u no ever since Camelot ive been woundering y there hasnt been any new russian ships in the show at all.

thoughts anyone?
                              As I think others have said here the ships are only produced in very small numbers at the moment, so the majority will IMO be going to the USA as they're the ones with the most experience off world.

As far as people saying the Sun Tsu is Chinese, I don't think that we can assume that just because of it's name.
                              Perhaps there's an American General who knows about the Stargate program and was a fan of the book, so they thought it would make a good name for the ship and those people who commissioned her liked the sound of it.
                              It could even be someone influential who was working at Area 51 or the shipyard on Earth and they got the chance to name it.
                              The meaning of the name could even give it's crew more confidence in the ship, at least that may be why it's called Sun Tsu.

Oh and BTW YutheGreat I personally hope we don't hear about a ship called Prince Harry or Prince William and as far as Big Ben goes I don't think that would sound serious enough.
                              What about the Titan?

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus Commander View Post
                                The bridge is located on the back, see http://stargate.mgm.com/extras/
                                and there you have your proof
                                PS stargate.mgm.com is an official stargatesite so they better have the right facts

:
                                Reading a few other threads, many on Gateworld don't consider it to be that accurate to cannon with regards to details about the Auroras amongst other things.
                                I'm sure others will know more about the things that have been missed out in the Tech Journal, but I'd say it varies from ship to ship as the Odyssey's doesn't show the neck when looking out of the Bridge window in Off the Grid (SG1 season 9) when SG1 is beamed up to escape their captors, as shown below the Daedalus has it above the neck and it appears to be somewhere in font of the tower on the neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X