This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Explorer (Game)

Not sure if any of you remember me from the old forum, but I posted a thread a while back about a game me and a few others are developing. It is not a modification to any other game. Things have been a bit slow but they are picking up.

The general idea of the game is to be able to explore Stargate like you never have before. You will start out in the SGC (in first person view) and be able to interact with things--light switches, computers, doors, and several other things (including easter eggs here and there). This game does not involve combat--for now. It is merely an exploration game. Once you've familiarized yourself with the base, you'll be able to dial out, travel to another planet, and explore around it's gate. We are currently working on making the game as realistic as possible, down to measurements, animations, and the like.

So far I only have two screenshots I can show you. Unfortunately they are quite early shots of our gate model:

http://www.echoshift.net/albums/sge/gate1.jpg (158 KB)
    http://www.echoshift.net/albums/sge/gate3.jpg (345 KB)

For its poly count--just under 10,000--it is quite detailed. Note this is an early version.

If you think you can help out at all, drop me a private message or contact me on AIM (wakeboarderan) or MSN ([email protected]). Right now, we really need people who have high quality sound effects, ranging from gate sounds to doors opening, etc.

You can expect the first release of this coming in late June.
    Last edited by Mike; 09 May 2004, 10:40 PM.
    Vae Victus - Livy

Nice can't wait for June

Comment

I can't wait for that. It looks and sounds so cool! I await June with extreme excitement.....
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Mike GREAT JOB!!! Unfortinalty i can't help, but i'm always here to cheer you up!!! it's probably gonna take you guys for ever to do what you want to do...are you guys good codders?? how man of you are there??
        ps. if you have $, you should buy Hawk engine...it's used in Max Payne 2, and Half-Life 2

Comment

Wow... that's amazing. I look greatly forward to this... one thing I've always wanted is to be able to walk around the gate room! Perhaps you could create an AI of Walter Davis (aka "Chevron Guy" with grey hair and glasses) to dial the gate for the player? That'd be pretty cool, actually.
          Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I was expecting it to take ages!
            I can't wait till June
            Looks great so far

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

We only have one programmer (he is also doing textures/leveling and some animations), and only one guy doing models (he will also be doing textures). It may seem like a small team, but we can do a lot. A lot of things are used over and over again (certain textures, chairs, etc., monitors, different types of things).
              Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Way to go! I'd be interested in joining...
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Ohh! Fun There is also a stargate mod bing made for half life 2 it is called Stargate SGC
                  sigpic

Comment

Would love to help. I however know little to nothing about game development. If you need people to play it and report bugs I would happy to help.

Comment

Same Here
                      sigpic

Comment

Now that I'm thinking of it, the basic concept sounds similar to Alone in the Dark. Explorer/mystery games. Sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rail'k
                          Ohh! Fun There is also a stargate mod bing made for half life 2 it is called Stargate SGC
                          link or something??? i'm interested...

and yeah...i can help finding bugs if it will work on my pc, what are the recuierments, you know???

Comment

We won't know the requirements for now, but we plan to make them atleast playable by most systems.

Our biggest worry right now is the entire copyright thing.

Can anyone give me any information how I can avoid getting MGM on me without totally removing the Stargate part of it?
                            Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                              link or something??? i'm interested...
                              The link is www.sgcmod.com

Yoy could just send a Copy of the game and a formal busness letter to MGM and i'm shure they could let you distribute it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X