This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mars Theory

Please keep this thread pertaining to the discussion and relation of Mars to the new series.

So with the new promo that followed the SGA finale, showing a cracked earth and gate with red chevrons. I was thinking it could be somehow related to the planet Mars.

A secret Ancients' base is discovered on Mars and a small team is sent aboard the Odyssey to investigate. Among those sent mostly science officers and a medic. When they arrive on Mars, they discover an Ancient laboratory, used to build and distribute Stargates, and an attempt to colonize Mars. When looking around they discover a stargate, different however, with red chevrons and different glyphs. They discover they are able to dial nine chevrons, and the IOA sends a delegation to oversee the event. An IOA member, and his daughter, arrive just in time as the ninth chevron is dialed. Meanwhile, the hive ship from "Enemy At The Gate" comes out of hyperspace and detects the active Stargate on Mars. Coming under attack the team is left with no option but to enter the wormhole and face whatever lies ahead.

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
    Please keep this thread pertaining to the discussion and relation of Mars to the new series.

So with the new promo that followed the SGA finale, showing a cracked earth and gate with red chevrons. I was thinking it could be somehow related to the planet Mars.

A secret Ancients' base is discovered on Mars and a small team is sent aboard the Odyssey to investigate. Among those sent mostly science officers and a medic. When they arrive on Mars, they discover an Ancient laboratory, used to build and distribute Stargates, and an attempt to colonize Mars. When looking around they discover a stargate, different however, with red chevrons and different glyphs. They discover they are able to dial nine chevrons, and the IOA sends a delegation to oversee the event. An IOA member, and his daughter, arrive just in time as the ninth chevron is dialed. Meanwhile, the hive ship from "Enemy At The Gate" comes out of hyperspace and detects the active Stargate on Mars. Coming under attack the team is left with no option but to enter the wormhole and face whatever lies ahead.
    I must admit.

I like. Particularly considering that Mars would have at some point been a very rich and fertile planet.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I like everything about it, except for the enemy being the ZPM-powered hive ship
      Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Hmm, it's an interesting story, but one glitch. If the Odyssey was so close why SGC haven't called it back to Earth? Okay there were on a secret misson, but someone who know exactly what are they doing, could warn them.

Of course it's not impossible.

Comment

I haven't seen this Universe promo, do you have a link for it anywhere on the net?
          "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
          O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
          Woolsey: What does that mean?
          O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
            I like everything about it, except for the enemy being the ZPM-powered hive ship
            i'm not a fan of that or this being the Odyssey's "secret mission", but it's all we have to go with right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisco View Post
              I haven't seen this Universe promo, do you have a link for it anywhere on the net?
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=16

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It's a good theory, but I somehow doubt the planet shown is mars -- but it could be. However, the only problem I have is the whole Wraith thing. Thats just not possible, we destroyed that vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                  It's a good theory, but I somehow doubt the planet shown is mars -- but it could be. However, the only problem I have is the whole Wraith thing. Thats just not possible, we destroyed that vessel.
                  I'm assuming the intent was for the attack to have occured before that vessel reached earth.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

thats a very good idea

Comment

I like it except one thing - if the Oddyssey's secret mission was going to Mars, they'd be able to contact them quite easily and they'd be in Earth orbit within minutes, ready to take on the Hive. Or, better yet, it would've accompanied the Apollo and Sun Tzu. It doesn't really make sense. Especially since a battle between the Oddy and the Hive would have been reported in Enemy at the Gate.

Comment

I would have to guess that the hive took out the odyssey prior to them being able to contact earth, maybe even destroying the odyssey, which gave the team time to get through the gate.

Like I said, I am not a fan of the Odyssey/Hive Ship part, but I am 80% convinced the planet Mars has something to do with the new series. This is an open discussion on the idea of Mars playing a role in the new series, let's hear some ideas other than my own!!

Comment

I would have to guess that the hive took out the odyssey prior to them being able to contact earth, maybe even destroying the odyssey, which gave the team time to get through the gate.

Like I said, I am not a fan of the Odyssey/Hive Ship part, but I am 80% convinced the planet Mars has something to do with the new series. This is an open discussion on the idea of Mars playing a role in the new series, let's hear some ideas other than my own!!
                          Well I suspect the Odyssey has nothing to do with SGU and is related to the third SG1 movie frankly.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

This Mars theory got me thinking about something. Have we used our ships to explore the solar system, and if we have, have we found any Ancient tech lying around?

Also, is the X-301 still floating thru the system?
                            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

It doesn't make sense. Remember that the Oddy is powered by a ZPM. It would be able to withstand the Hive at least long enough to send a message. Besides, that's not the MAIN point. The point is that, if the ship is just next door, you don't just leave it there, even if the mission is top secret. As soon as the whole Super-Hive was detected and the plot to attack Earth discovered, Earth would have contacted them or the base itself, telling them to either go with the other 2 ships or move to Earth orbit. And why would the Oddy stay for days around Mars? And even if the Oddy were to sit there for no good reason and if the Hive somehow got the drop on them, Earth would have detected the fight themselves. They have enough technology to detect a firefight above Mars. No, it simply doesn't make sense in any way, shape or form and I hope the writers realise that and come up with something that doesn't insult the viewers's intelligence.
                              The Mars vibe you're getting is because they said they were scouting locations in New Mexico, for dessert planets. Simple as that. They incorporated that theme into the teaser. Followed by a large forest. And maybe the wormhole itself is red, for whatever reason. It doesn't need to be Mars-related. And even if the base were on Mars, like I said, the whole Hive vs. Oddy scenario doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X