Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the list of John Sheppard's conquests goes on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the list of John Sheppard's conquests goes on!

I knew it was going to happen going into the episode armed with practically no spoilers. I knew that the PTB would give John Sheppard a few more notches on his bedpost.

I mean, what was up with that nurse practically desperate for him? It was totally unnecessary and done only to make John seem more "hot". So either we have a desperate nurse imagining they have a bond or they did go out/have a date/have sex/do something once and now John is refusing to acknowledge it (which would make him a jerk) or both.

And whatever the answer is, it was totally unnecessary. Then we found out John was "involved" with the medic whom he got several people killed trying to save. Yay, John! Let's give him some dead conquests out of the blue!

And in doing so, let's make him even more irresponsible than before! "Hey, my girlfriend has been captured! I'll go against direct orders, risk the lives of several of my fellow soldiers and try to save her!".

Before, we could imagine John being a tragic hero, trying to not leave any man behind. Now, it sounds more like him just letting his feelings cloud his judgment, as usual, and getting a lot of people killed because of it...

But we can forgive him for that. What we can't forgive him for is that (if this was indeed what happened for our!John as well) the fact that he didn't learn a damn thing from it. He's still letting his feelings get the best out of him, leading him to endanger the lives of countless people or all of Atlantis for the sake of a few quite often.

So he basically learned nothing from that incident. And how the hell did Elizabeth manage to convince the U.S. military and the IOA to keep him on as head of Atlantis' military contingent?!

So either the person he was trying to save wasn't a medic who was his girlfriend (in our!Universe) or this episode just introduced a ton of new plot holes.

Actually regarding AU Shep,

The way I personally took it was that after the medic he was involved with died, he didn't pursue 'conquests'. The scene with the nurse made it seem to me like he just wasn't interested, nor had ever been, a stark contrast to the Shep we know who would have certainly taken the nurse up on her offer of 'medical help'.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Actually regarding AU Shep,

The way I personally took it was that after the medic he was involved with died, he didn't pursue 'conquests'. The scene with the nurse made it seem to me like he just wasn't interested, nor had ever been, a stark contrast to the Shep we know who would have certainly taken the nurse up on her offer of 'medical help'.
      OK. But the main thing about this (IMO) is the fact that he was involved with the medic. Assuming this AU is almost the same as our!Universe (seeing as how it seems exactly the same, except for the part where John never went to Pegasus), this means that our!John got a bunch of men killed, lost a multi-million dollar helicopter and disobeyed direct orders just to save some skirt he was involved with.

So, he clearly let his feelings get the best of him. Despite this, they allow him to keep his position as military commander of Atlantis for 3 years + 1 more year + who knows how much longer?!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        OK. But the main thing about this (IMO) is the fact that he was involved with the medic. Assuming this AU is almost the same as our!Universe (seeing as how it seems exactly the same, except for the part where John never went to Pegasus), this means that our!John got a bunch of men killed, lost a multi-million dollar helicopter and disobeyed direct orders just to save some skirt he was involved with.

So, he clearly let his feelings get the best of him. Despite this, they allow him to keep his position as military commander of Atlantis for 3 years + 1 more year + who knows how much longer?!
        I think this is the difference though, in our universe, he went back for a male colleague. We saw it in the episode Phantoms. In the Vegasverse it was a female medic, presumably one he was more involved with than simply her being the latest bit of skirt, hence why, imo, he hasn't gotten involved with women since.

The defining feature that seperates Sheppard's lives was whether or not it was a male colleague, or a love interest he went back for. The former was deemed acceptable and he stayed on, flying helicopters in Antarctica, the latter, was not.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Knowing John Sheppard I wouldn't put it past him to become emotionally involved with a co-worker such as a medic. However, I don't think the John Sheppard we know would disobey direct orders to try and save her. As FOB said, that is the defining line/feature.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Okay a totally valid opinion, however Sheppard is over 40 and so freakingly incredibly sexy that it would be kind of the norm for him to have women hot for him, ex-lovers etc. They could have just left that blank and kept on with the story but I would have been very dissappointed if they had not mentioned his sex life cos to me and many others Sheppard is sex personified! He is also very similar to "our Sheppard", so it would be remiss to not go there. I'm not that bothered about his past lovers, maybe if they made it into a show (hint, hint) then I would think about it more, what can I say? I am extremely shallow!!! BRILLIANT AND SO BLOODY COOL! I would rather have this as a show than 'Universe', the old Sheppard/McKay chemistry is there too, much love, bye!!!

Comment

I think the real question is: Why do you care? Just watch the awesome show.

Comment

Bear in mind that this is not the same Shep. Giving him one more lover and one more admirer does not give 'our' Shep another lover or another admirer.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by The_DrRodneyMckay View Post
                  I think the real question is: Why do you care? Just watch the awesome show.
                  Couldn't have said it better myself
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Working...
                  X