Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Captain

Default Re: The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (507)

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    That's seriously not an issue. For one thing, we don't know how long he'd had the cast on at that point. They'd already done a lot of traveling before that. And secondly, in a life or death situation like that it's not too far-fetched to think he could do it.
    It doesn't make any difference how long the cast was on or if it was life or death. If the cast didn't make his foot too big to fit in the floorboard, it would have immobilized his ankle from bending. He would not have been able to operate the gas peddle. Feel free to call an Orthopedists' office if you don't believe me.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    I have a funny feeling that the show is gonna end with something like the losties having to destroy the time device on the island - or destroy the island itself - and they'll find themselves lost somewhere in time, permanently. do the old 'sacrifice themselves to save the future' thing
    Somehow I agree that something like that is going to happen and we all find out that the show title refers not to the story, but the final outcome.

Captain

Been busy at work...

Given that Richard seems to be a constant, I'm thinking that Ben and Widmore are at each other's throats for whatever the reason. Obviously somehow the island slows down a person from aging once they reach a certain age.

Given that Sayid pulled up in a Dharma van, I'm thinking that the plane was sent back in time to sometime prior to Ben killing everyone. How Said ended up working for Dharma, I have no idea unless The Others took over the Dharma vehicles as well.

I'm personally getting a bit tired of the whole thing of spending 40 minutes on flushing out the backstory and 5 minutes on moving the story forward. It reminds me of Les Mis. I'm also fed up with everone constantly pushing things off with the "I don't have time to explain it" crap. I think that it would have been better if the producers had kept a running title card indicating the real-world calendar date that we were seeing as its my impression that most of the events happen within a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    Been busy at work...

Given that Richard seems to be a constant, I'm thinking that Ben and Widmore are at each other's throats for whatever the reason. Obviously somehow the island slows down a person from aging once they reach a certain age.

Given that Sayid pulled up in a Dharma van, I'm thinking that the plane was sent back in time to sometime prior to Ben killing everyone. How Said ended up working for Dharma, I have no idea unless The Others took over the Dharma vehicles as well.

I'm personally getting a bit tired of the whole thing of spending 40 minutes on flushing out the backstory and 5 minutes on moving the story forward. It reminds me of Les Mis. I'm also fed up with everone constantly pushing things off with the "I don't have time to explain it" crap. I think that it would have been better if the producers had kept a running title card indicating the real-world calendar date that we were seeing as its my impression that most of the events happen within a short period of time.
    Problem if we knew the date that everything was happening then figuring out the overal picture of where we are heading would be much easier. No world calendar date means we got no order in which we are being told stuff making it harder and more fun for the audience. Lost have never been for people who do not like to exercise their brain.
    Last edited by knowles2; February 28th, 2009 at 06:55 PM.

It doesn't make any difference how long the cast was on or if it was life or death. If the cast didn't make his foot too big to fit in the floorboard, it would have immobilized his ankle from bending. He would not have been able to operate the gas peddle. Feel free to call an Orthopedists' office if you don't believe me.
    You push the pedal down, there's nothing to it. You don't have to bend your ankle. If you don't believe me try it.

Captain

You push the pedal down, there's nothing to it. You don't have to bend your ankle. If you don't believe me try it.
    Call an orthopedists office and ask them.

It's a television show. You're posting on a forum where the headlining show is about a big stone circle with a puddle in the middle that takes you to other planets. Does it really matter what someone's foot can or cannot do?

Airman

First, it was Jin, not Sayid that came out of the Dharma van. We don't know for sure where Sayid is. Also, I'm fairly confident that the plane was not sent back in time at all. We know that Hurley and the others disappeared off the plane before it crashed. So if they all flashed back in time, why would some disappear off the plane and others not. Further, why would that Dharma station be abandoned if the it was during the time that Dharma was still active on the island. It just doesn't add up. I'm fairly certain that the plane is on the island in real time.

I agree, it doesn't matter if you have a cast on or not.. pushing a pedal down does not require you to bend your foot in any way... you just push down.

Quote Originally Posted by dsigal View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the plane is on the island in real time.
    I agree Locke and the rest of the plane crashed (whatever) in real time, this also puts Ben in real time. Where Sayid ends up I guess we will find out this week.

As for Locke driving, I can put a piece of wood on my gas pedal to warm my car up, you could push down on the pedal in a cast.

About Locke driving, is it possible that he simply held his right leg up and used his left to hit the accelerator? He wasn´t exactly driving very well....

So was not getting to see Helen alive because of the script or because Katey Sagal didn't want to reprise her role?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    So was not getting to see Helen alive because of the script or because Katey Sagal didn't want to reprise her role?
    She may have been unable to.

Chief Master Sergeant ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal's Avatar

I think story, he probably wouldnt have cared about the island anymore if he had her back.
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Bets episode of Season 5, Locke is/was/is my favourite. Ben is so untrustworthy.

I have to admit I was stunned by Ben killing John. What was his motive? That's one thing I failed to understand by the killing.
    It was interesting though this episode to show how John was desperate trying to get everyone back to the island.