Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it seems obvious that widmore is zipping through time, manipulating one and all...the unanswered question is why?

why does he care? what is he trying to gain?

something tells me he's trying to control the island. is he trying to control it for 'good' or so that he can zip through time and perhaps go back and change it, likely for his own gain

I have a funny feeling that the show is gonna end with something like the losties having to destroy the time device on the island - or destroy the island itself - and they'll find themselves lost somewhere in time, permanently. do the old 'sacrifice themselves to save the future' thing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Funny tidbit from Jimmy Kimmel and relating to this weeks episode HERE
      sigpic

Comment

I gotta agree with Alan Wake, that this episode went a long way from "explaining" who was shooting at the left behinders in the canoe.

Certainly a valid theory that it was the 316ers, but it's no more a valid theory after this episode than it was before this episode. (we've known about the water bottle for awhile now)

It still could have been anyone, especially since we still have no motivation for why the 316ers would be willing to shoot at them. Also, they def were not being shot at with a shotgun. It was some sort of pistol or rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Funny tidbit from Jimmy Kimmel and relating to this weeks episode HERE
          Nice video.

Love the episode, thought it was a bit slow in some area, but it seem to have connected a lot of the other pieces togeather.

Ben and Widmore both seem to be preparing for a war of some kind. Except Ben believe only violence will win it for them, Widmore despite his use of force believe in a peaceful solution. Ben got rid of him and then proceeded with his own plan for saving the island, that involve saving the island but keeping lock out of power and himself firmly in it.
          The above still leave out the question of who is the enemy through. Dharma would be a good choice and the fact they still dropping supplies may suggest they still got people on the island.

I think that it was the 316s firing at the boat, it just seem to make sense in the story. They thought it was the people who been harassing them and decided like the losties to fight them off.

Plus Robert would never order his people to attack them knowing that Lock was jumping through time that was not make much sense.

Was the 316s on the second island which cannot be seen from the first.
          And what is Frank up to, I certainly do not think he the kind of person to go running off, leaving the passengers behind or do I believe he was taking up flying planes because he enjoy it, he their for his own reasons and probably been place on the island by Widmore and knows a lot more than he let on in the past.

Comment

Even though we've already known about most of this stuff for quite sometime, I thought this was a great episode. I totally called Ben killing Locke after talking him down. Saw that coming from a mile away...what a jerk....
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I believe Ben killed Locke because he was of no longer any use to him when he told him who he needed to talk to. I'm betting he's gonna get an unexpected awakening when he wakes up and locke is sitting over him. No doubt he'll make up some lie though.

When Mr. Widmore talked about a war coming... and locke needed to be on the island, I think this is the war with the island natives and the darma. I think he knows somehow that locke would be sent back to the 70's, before the purge happens.

I'm still not sure what side widmore is on though. He wants locke to be on the good side.... but what side is that? What side does he want to win? I'm guessing it's the side of the "others" since he worked with them for so long.

All this show we have been lead to believe that the others were the "bad" people of the island, and the darma was the good side.

The more this show goes, it seems like that role is finally being changed.

In the end, I think widmore will be shown to have been the good guy, and ben the evil.

Comment

You just never know with Ben. His actions are so mysterious and surprising at times. I don't think we'll know if he is really good or evil for some time to come.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

awesome episode

ben killing locke really suprised me, although i dont see why it should being the lying manipulative person he is

and no oceanic 6 in this episode was dissapointing but with the title of the episode i really didnt expect them to be in this one

i also like it how time moves slower on the island then the rest of the world, i hope they explain this
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    In the end, I think widmore will be shown to have been the good guy, and ben the evil.
                    I personally think both of them are bad guys who believe they are doing good (especially Ben). But... they both have their own (evil ) agendas. It seems like Ben wants the Island and Jacob to forgive him/take him back and Widmore wants to (apparently) control time using the Island. Evil I say!
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                      Even though we've already known about most of this stuff for quite sometime, I thought this was a great episode. I totally called Ben killing Locke after talking him down. Saw that coming from a mile away...what a jerk....
                      see, i didn't see that coming.

ben just seemed sincerely upset at what locke was trying to do. and then, when he was strangling him, he wouldn't look at his face. and notice when he was ready to leave the room, he finally made himself look up at locke. i 'think' he said he was really going to miss him.

but what i really want to know is what triggered this. or, why mentioning daniel's mom's name brought out this sudden desire to carry out locke's plan.

i think i'm stuck on ben really going there to talk to locke and being sincerely upset that he was going to hang himself. but mentioning that woman's name set ben off on another decision.

but i still think ben's crap for doing that to locke!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        see, i didn't see that coming.

ben just seemed sincerely upset at what locke was trying to do. and then, when he was strangling him, he wouldn't look at his face. and notice when he was ready to leave the room, he finally made himself look up at locke. i 'think' he said he was really going to miss him.

but what i really want to know is what triggered this. or, why mentioning daniel's mom's name brought out this sudden desire to carry out locke's plan.

i think i'm stuck on ben really going there to talk to locke and being sincerely upset that he was going to hang himself. but mentioning that woman's name set ben off on another decision.

but i still think ben's crap for doing that to locke!
                        Yes, Ben did say he was going to miss Locke.

I am sure, eventually, we will learn what suddenly set him off at the mention of Faraday's mom. Hopefully, not too long from now.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So do you guys think that when ben left the island, and was transported to the same spot locke was, those guys that were trying to take ben were working for widmore? I just thought they were terrorists... but now since we have seen them take locke to a care center, I don't think they ever were going to harm ben.... just take him to widmore.

Comment

I didn't believe Ben's sincerity, but I didn't think he was going to kill Locke. The whole time Ben was in there, I kept hearing Christian Shephard's words about how trusting Ben has never gotten him anywhere good, but to extrapolate it to murder wasn't there in my head.

I am not convinced, however, that the 316ers are the ones in the boats who shot at our Island Losties. Since Lipidis and mystery woman stole a boat and took it somewhere, it's possible that it was that boat that the Island Losties found and used. Meanwhile, the original owners of the boats came back and met the 316ers (not sure what they did to them, although I could see some kind of scuffle breaking out as per Walt's dream) and went in search of Frank and mystery woman, but found the Island Losties instead and started shooting.
                            sigpic

Comment

Lost is too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                                So do you guys think that when ben left the island, and was transported to the same spot locke was, those guys that were trying to take ben were working for widmore? I just thought they were terrorists... but now since we have seen them take locke to a care center, I don't think they ever were going to harm ben.... just take him to widmore.
                                No idea. I don't remember there being any cameras there when Ben left the island. Maybe Widmore somehow found out about Ben being transported there and started watching the spot.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X