• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lie (502)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    THE LIE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 502

Hurley and Sayid run into trouble at their safehouse, sending them on the run from police. Hurley struggles over keeping their secret, and the survivors on the island come under attack by unseen assailants.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 05 February 2009, 08:58 PM.

Ladies and trolls...Lost is BACK!!

So theories on the aussie/brit/mysterious-people-of-poosibly-british-descent hand fetishists??

My bet, we're getting a glimpse of island life in the good old days of Chuckles Widmore If that's the case, I gotta say that I never thought I'd see the day when Ben looked like the benevolent leader

Also fire arrows? What the heck? Are the others running that low on ammo? But hey, at least Frogurt got his fire
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
      Also fire arrows? What the heck? Are the others running that low on ammo? But hey, at least Frogurt got his fire
      Haha they introduced that character just to do that.
      I think the lady that gave Desmond the ring that was helping Ben figure out where the Island was is Faraday's mother.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Best part was when Frogurt was killed in a very painful, fiery way. I've hated him since the webisode and I hated him even more in this episode. I howled with laughter.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
          Ladies and trolls...Lost is BACK!!

So theories on the aussie/brit/mysterious-people-of-poosibly-british-descent hand fetishists??
          Yay!

Did they look like soldiers to any one else? It happened so quick but they looked like they were military to me. Maybe that's where the army knife that Anna Lucia found came from.

You are talking about those guys right...when Locke appeared and saved them by knifing that guy.

Speaking of knives....who puts knives in the dishwasher blade up? lol.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
            Best part was when Frogurt was killed in a very painful, fiery way.
            And the timing! Don't forget the timing!

Best sendoff since Arzt, and yes I laughed too
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Yay!

Did they look like soldiers to any one else? It happened so quick but they looked like they were military to me. Maybe that's where the army knife that Anna Lucia found came from.

You are talking about those guys right...when Locke appeared and saved them by knifing that guy.

An assassin of cause.

I think the lady that gave Desmond the ring that was helping Ben figure out where the Island was is Faraday's mother.
              That what I was thinking to. Through I think it be a bit to easy if that is true. Through I love the way she seem be using old fashion techniques combine 1970s computer. Through I am disappointed they reveal her so soon, it just did not seem like lost them showing her face right then. Just hearing her voice would of been better, at least it would keep fans guesting.

Who here thinks it was SUN that sent those lawyers to Kate place, knowing Kate would go on the run. Me thinks she knows Ben is after a reunion, which leads to the next question where is Wigmore (sp?) getting is info from.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

the prop people on the show

yeah, i don't even put table knives in there blade up
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Review: Lost 5.2: "The Lie"

Overall, this episode makes it very clear that the new format will work just fine, and that the writers know what they're doing. They managed to incorporate some character exploration into this episode, despite the many twists and turns, and that helps to calm any fears presented by the premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Who here thinks it was SUN that sent those lawyers to Kate place, knowing Kate would go on the run. Me thinks she knows Ben is after a reunion, which leads to the next question where is Wigmore (sp?) getting is info from.
                    I think it was Ben because he thought she'd change her mind about going back to the island if somebody was on to her.

(it's spelled Widmore) I'm about 95% sure he's been on the island before, but he's still got the book from the crew of the Black Rock he bought at the auction house when Desmond visited him. (I think the episode was 'The Constant')
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      I think it was Ben because he thought she'd change her mind about going back to the island if somebody was on to her.
                      that makes a lot of sense. kate seemed to be the only one that wanted to keep this new life, so threatening the 'reason' why she wanted it would be the only way to get her to leave (for the island).

i enjoyed the episode(s). i think these writers are some of the best on television right now.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm also of the mind that it was Ben. Possibly in cahoots with Claire's unsuspecting mother, since there would have to be some kind of kin to sue like that, I would think.

I also think Widmore has been to the Island before. Perhaps he is responsible for moving it once?

Also, what's up with the redhead getting nosebleeds a la Desmond? Is she special too? And why do the Losties get to jump and not the Others?

All I really want at this point is a 3 episode arc that explains everything ever about Richard! LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

I liked the throw-back to Desmond's island intro, with the record playing and going through the routine of the day. It was good to see more of the Dharma video guy.

I think when the record skipped it was an allusion to our guys (the main cast) time travelling to his time. I bet we'll see more of that time period, now, including what Faraday was doing in that tunnel that led to the wheel room.
                          Ka'lel on the Stargate Wiki

Atlantis is over Destiny 1?
                          Bill bill Bill Nye the Science Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                            I'm also of the mind that it was Ben. Possibly in cahoots with Claire's unsuspecting mother, since there would have to be some kind of kin to sue like that, I would think.
                            I don't know if there has to be a relative in order to sue or not but I don't think it matters because I'm not even sure the lawyers were real lawyers, just some of Ben's people he used to trick Kate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ka'lel View Post
                              I think when the record skipped it was an allusion to our guys (the main cast) time travelling to his time. I bet we'll see more of that time period, now, including what Faraday was doing in that tunnel that led to the wheel room.
                              That's what I thought when Faraday used the record skipping metaphor.

I hope we see more Dr. Candle. That shot of him on the elevator was smart (using "god angle" and ascending) Now we know he's more important than just the orientation film guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X