Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: The Lie (502)

  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,022

    Post The Lie (502)

    Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    THE LIE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 502

    Hurley and Sayid run into trouble at their safehouse, sending them on the run from police. Hurley struggles over keeping their secret, and the survivors on the island come under attack by unseen assailants.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; February 5th, 2009 at 09:58 PM.

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant alaskannut's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Prior of the Coffee Gods
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Ladies and trolls...Lost is BACK!!


    So theories on the aussie/brit/mysterious-people-of-poosibly-british-descent hand fetishists??

    My bet, we're getting a glimpse of island life in the good old days of Chuckles Widmore If that's the case, I gotta say that I never thought I'd see the day when Ben looked like the benevolent leader


    Also fire arrows? What the heck? Are the others running that low on ammo? But hey, at least Frogurt got his fire

    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

  3. #3
    Major Shan Bruce Lee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the Star City (Roanoke, Va)
    Posts
    2,146

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskannut View Post
    Also fire arrows? What the heck? Are the others running that low on ammo? But hey, at least Frogurt got his fire
    Haha they introduced that character just to do that.
    I think the lady that gave Desmond the ring that was helping Ben figure out where the Island was is Faraday's mother.

  4. #4
    Chief Master Sergeant Insipid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Best part was when Frogurt was killed in a very painful, fiery way. I've hated him since the webisode and I hated him even more in this episode. I howled with laughter.
    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

  5. #5
    Brigadier General LoneStar1836's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,392

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskannut View Post
    Ladies and trolls...Lost is BACK!!


    So theories on the aussie/brit/mysterious-people-of-poosibly-british-descent hand fetishists??
    Yay!

    Did they look like soldiers to any one else? It happened so quick but they looked like they were military to me. Maybe that's where the army knife that Anna Lucia found came from.

    You are talking about those guys right...when Locke appeared and saved them by knifing that guy.


    Speaking of knives....who puts knives in the dishwasher blade up? lol.
    IMO always implied.

  6. #6
    First Lieutenant alaskannut's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Prior of the Coffee Gods
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by Insipid View Post
    Best part was when Frogurt was killed in a very painful, fiery way.
    And the timing! Don't forget the timing!

    Best sendoff since Arzt, and yes I laughed too

    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

  7. #7
    Colonel knowles2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chigwell
    Posts
    5,567

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Yay!

    Did they look like soldiers to any one else? It happened so quick but they looked like they were military to me. Maybe that's where the army knife that Anna Lucia found came from.

    You are talking about those guys right...when Locke appeared and saved them by knifing that guy.


    Speaking of knives....who puts knives in the dishwasher blade up? lol.
    An assassin of cause.

    I think the lady that gave Desmond the ring that was helping Ben figure out where the Island was is Faraday's mother.
    That what I was thinking to. Through I think it be a bit to easy if that is true. Through I love the way she seem be using old fashion techniques combine 1970s computer. Through I am disappointed they reveal her so soon, it just did not seem like lost them showing her face right then. Just hearing her voice would of been better, at least it would keep fans guesting.

    Who here thinks it was SUN that sent those lawyers to Kate place, knowing Kate would go on the run. Me thinks she knows Ben is after a reunion, which leads to the next question where is Wigmore (sp?) getting is info from.

  8. #8
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,893

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

    Speaking of knives....who puts knives in the dishwasher blade up? lol.
    the prop people on the show

    yeah, i don't even put table knives in there blade up

  9. #9
    Chief Master Sergeant entil2001's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Review: Lost 5.2: "The Lie"

    Overall, this episode makes it very clear that the new format will work just fine, and that the writers know what they're doing. They managed to incorporate some character exploration into this episode, despite the many twists and turns, and that helps to calm any fears presented by the premiere.

  10. #10
    Major Shan Bruce Lee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the Star City (Roanoke, Va)
    Posts
    2,146

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Who here thinks it was SUN that sent those lawyers to Kate place, knowing Kate would go on the run. Me thinks she knows Ben is after a reunion, which leads to the next question where is Wigmore (sp?) getting is info from.
    I think it was Ben because he thought she'd change her mind about going back to the island if somebody was on to her.

    (it's spelled Widmore) I'm about 95% sure he's been on the island before, but he's still got the book from the crew of the Black Rock he bought at the auction house when Desmond visited him. (I think the episode was 'The Constant')

  11. #11
    General majorsal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in love
    Posts
    22,244

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I think it was Ben because he thought she'd change her mind about going back to the island if somebody was on to her.
    that makes a lot of sense. kate seemed to be the only one that wanted to keep this new life, so threatening the 'reason' why she wanted it would be the only way to get her to leave (for the island).

    i enjoyed the episode(s). i think these writers are some of the best on television right now.
    sally


  12. #12
    Captain Amalthea's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    I'm also of the mind that it was Ben. Possibly in cahoots with Claire's unsuspecting mother, since there would have to be some kind of kin to sue like that, I would think.

    I also think Widmore has been to the Island before. Perhaps he is responsible for moving it once?

    Also, what's up with the redhead getting nosebleeds a la Desmond? Is she special too? And why do the Losties get to jump and not the Others?

    All I really want at this point is a 3 episode arc that explains everything ever about Richard! LOL

  13. #13

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    I liked the throw-back to Desmond's island intro, with the record playing and going through the routine of the day. It was good to see more of the Dharma video guy.

    I think when the record skipped it was an allusion to our guys (the main cast) time travelling to his time. I bet we'll see more of that time period, now, including what Faraday was doing in that tunnel that led to the wheel room.

  14. #14
    Major Shan Bruce Lee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the Star City (Roanoke, Va)
    Posts
    2,146

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amalthea View Post
    I'm also of the mind that it was Ben. Possibly in cahoots with Claire's unsuspecting mother, since there would have to be some kind of kin to sue like that, I would think.
    I don't know if there has to be a relative in order to sue or not but I don't think it matters because I'm not even sure the lawyers were real lawyers, just some of Ben's people he used to trick Kate.

  15. #15
    Major Shan Bruce Lee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the Star City (Roanoke, Va)
    Posts
    2,146

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ka'lel View Post
    I think when the record skipped it was an allusion to our guys (the main cast) time travelling to his time. I bet we'll see more of that time period, now, including what Faraday was doing in that tunnel that led to the wheel room.
    That's what I thought when Faraday used the record skipping metaphor.

    I hope we see more Dr. Candle. That shot of him on the elevator was smart (using "god angle" and ascending) Now we know he's more important than just the orientation film guy.

  16. #16
    Second Lieutenant unluckynumber11's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    High Charity
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    this was such a good ep, i really like where the writers are going with this i.e. time travel, it will finally answer a lot of questions about a number of things, like the 4 toe statue, the black rock, Roussseu and her past, and much more. and btw, the rifle that the guy had was an M1 Garand, it was used during WW2 by the americans, maybe that gives us a clue as to when they are right now. Also, those men aren't Dharma, there jumpsuits didn't have any isignias and they didn'y have that tan color most jumpsuits had.

  17. #17
    Queen Kat
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    KatG's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    2nd star to the right & straight on 'til morning
    Posts
    5,420

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I think it was Ben because he thought she'd change her mind about going back to the island if somebody was on to her.
    That's what I was thinking too. He's very crafty and creative when it comes to bringing about what he wants to happen.

  18. #18
    Major Shan Bruce Lee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the Star City (Roanoke, Va)
    Posts
    2,146

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
    this was such a good ep, i really like where the writers are going with this i.e. time travel, it will finally answer a lot of questions about a number of things, like the 4 toe statue, the black rock, Roussseu and her past, and much more. and btw, the rifle that the guy had was an M1 Garand, it was used during WW2 by the americans, maybe that gives us a clue as to when they are right now. Also, those men aren't Dharma, there jumpsuits didn't have any isignias and they didn'y have that tan color most jumpsuits had.
    The guy giving orders was named Jones. That's all I saw on any of the uniforms. I have no idea what year they were in at that point, I'll just wait till next Wednesday.

  19. #19
    Brigadier General LoneStar1836's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,392

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
    this was such a good ep, i really like where the writers are going with this i.e. time travel, it will finally answer a lot of questions about a number of things, like the 4 toe statue, the black rock, Roussseu and her past, and much more. and btw, the rifle that the guy had was an M1 Garand, it was used during WW2 by the americans, maybe that gives us a clue as to when they are right now. Also, those men aren't Dharma, there jumpsuits didn't have any isignias and they didn'y have that tan color most jumpsuits had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    The guy giving orders was named Jones. That's all I saw on any of the uniforms. I have no idea what year they were in at that point, I'll just wait till next Wednesday.
    See that's why I thought they looked like military guys to me.
    IMO always implied.

  20. #20
    Colonel mr_kennedy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Closet
    Posts
    6,520

    Default Re: The Lie (502)

    great episodes, the lie was better then because you left

    things i liked

    hurley/sayid
    certain things explained
    the old lady
    ben
    sawyer
    frogurt dying even tho i didnt see the webisodes

    things i didnt like

    more wtfness with the island
    time travel *sigh*
    hurly being framed for murder by sayid (albeit accidentally) and arrested
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; January 23rd, 2009 at 06:33 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

    Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •