No announcement yet.

The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole final half of the season was just one roller coaster of a ride!!
    sigpic

Comment

This was one of the best episodes of the 4th season, and yes... the series.
      sigpic
      Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
        This was one of the best episodes of the 4th season, and yes... the series.
        Thought you'd enjoy it The beginning of season 4 was indeed rather show, but it was also a huge buildup to two outstanding episodes. Wondering what your favourite episodes & characters will be at the end of the series
        Mia: Don't you hate that?
        Vincent: Hate what?
        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I finished last night. I'll post a good description when I get home from work later today.
          sigpic
          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
            Am I the only one in favour of Gaeta and his rebellion?

I've always liked Gaeta. Poor guy has been through a lot. Star Buck owes him an apology trying to make him beg in the airlock bay. He's lost his leg, he's lost his hope, and his Admiral broke the law by illegally arresting the vice president. And the Second in Command is cylon.

Hypocrisy is:
            Adama has forgiven everyone else for everything that they've done. Even Baltar got off scott free. Gaeta should be forgiven. He's done everything that was asked of him and has gotten frakked in return (lost a leg). And Star Buck better not flip out at Gaeta because her husband was the one who pulled the trigger.

I'm curious: what oath does the title of this episode refer to? Gaeta broke his oath to Adaman by mutiny. But Adama broke his oath to the colonies by illegally arresting the vice president and running a virtual dictatorship -- remember the descussion they had in CiC when Gaeta pointed out that the colonial ships refusing to be boarded by cylons were doing nothing wrong? Adama replied that it was a military decision, Gaeta asked who gets to make that decision (you?) and Adama said yes (Adama was wrong).

So really, the rebellion is legal.

Cloud
            No Adama isn't wrong, is it a military descision to use the FTLs, yes who calculates the jumps every time and who are constantly used to repair those drives, are right... Now tell me FTLs aren't a military decision
            And Baltar wasn't forgiven he was found not guilty by a legal trial of his peers, Adama didn't illegally arrest Zarek, he was clearly inciting a mutiny which caused the deaths of two marines and a foreign national
            Last edited by Alterus; 05 May 2015, 06:17 AM.

Comment

At time 33:30 of "The Oath", Baltar's secret "Monochrome Wireless Transmitter" is shown being used by President Roslin to address the fleet after rebels have taken control of communications. It looked familiar. It is a circa-1970 Hewlett-Packard 3555B Transmission & Noise Measuring Set with its front panel label replaced.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X