No announcement yet.

Sometimes A Great Notion (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a crush on Ellen..... And I'm one of the few red blooded males who thought Tori was kind of alright.

But I never in my life thought Ellen was cylon
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Ok - I kmow that all of these threads are VERY old but I'm on my third re-watch of the series and am still struggling with what happened on Earth.

A. It was nuked - by who? Why?
      B. It was all Cylon - who created them?

Anyone? is anyone out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Yessong View Post
        Ok - I kmow that all of these threads are VERY old but I'm on my third re-watch of the series and am still struggling with what happened on Earth.

They evolved. No one person created them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          They evolved. No one person created them.
          Did we ever find out who nuked Earth? Was it an interplanetary thing (Humans?) or a war amongst themselves?

Comment

Did we ever find out who nuked Earth? Was it an interplanetary thing (Humans?) or a war amongst themselves?
            I think it was implied the humans but it was never specifically who actually nuked the planet. The whole point is what happened on Caprica was just a repeat of what happened Earth. Humans built robots that rebelled and started a war that destroyed a their planet. First Earth then Caprica. It's the whole point to this has happened and will happen again saying.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

A. Doesn't matter who or why, there was a war between the humanoid cylons (who thought they were human) and the robot cylons they had created. Someone nuked somebody. Or maybe both.

B. The "people" on Earth were never human (well, human-human), I think after the resurrection technology was created on/near Kobol and possibly just after whatever caused the exodus of the tribes, the 13th tribe (composed of humanoid cylons) went their own ways more or less as humans to Earth, eventually ditching resurrection technology and procreating naturally through love at some point. They had completed the human to robot to "human" lifecycle.. and were actually on 2nd loop, recreating robots.

That was all until .. (spoilers for later episode)
              Spoiler:
              the final five recreated resurrection technology after receiving visions from messengers about impending war/disaster (at which point they travelled to warn the other colonies about creating AI but got there 2000 years too late, yada yada yada..BSG story begins)
              Last edited by Nirude; 24 May 2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Was there 2 planets called Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Was there 2 planets called Earth?
                  As Adama says "Earth is a dream". But regardless, yes, I call them Earth-1 and Earth-2. Or Old Earth and New Earth.

Earth-1 really doesn't deserve the title of Earth though, it was just like Caprica, except pure cylon instead of pure human. The basic premise of BSG seems to be that both pure human and pure cylon civilizations don't work, so the god is pushing them together with Hera (also interestingly represented as an actual mixed child).

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                    As Adama says "Earth is a dream". But regardless, yes, I call them Earth-1 and Earth-2. Or Old Earth and New Earth.

Earth-1 really doesn't deserve the title of Earth though, it was just like Caprica, except pure cylon instead of pure human. The basic premise of BSG seems to be that both pure human and pure cylon civilizations don't work, so the god is pushing them together with Hera (also interestingly represented as an actual mixed child).

Interesting.

Comment

the 'people' of the 13th colony...which were all cylon...same reason as the first cylon war.
                      originally, humans created them.

Comment

Working...
                      X