Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica Does anyone know...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica Does anyone know...

If it is going to be a show. I had heard a while ago that they were talking about making it a show again. But I have not heard anymore about it. I loved it when it was on in December. I also watch the re-runs when I can.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thank - you for your time.

Cathy
    The Timeline Continuum is steady and strong. Throw it off and everything goes wrong.

It has a go, i think sci-fi gave it 12 eps for now...i'm waiting for it...hopefully it'll be good...and i still wanna watch the rest of original eps

Comment

Well that should be interesting. I hope it doesnt end up being a disappointment. Can't wait to see how they handle the Balthazaar (sp?) story line...

Comment

I was never completely decided on the original Galactica series - it was a good premise that somtimes worked well, but often didn't. I hope that the new series will be good but it's too early to say. Hopefully it'll be better than Galactica 1980 or whatever the spinoff was called, but that doesn't really require much...
        sum ergo cogitum
        I am therefore I think.

Comment

well there were things i didn't like about new BattleStar, basically the same things i dont like about newer Star Wars...it's just different from original

Comment

One thing I didn't like about the new Battlestar was that the cylons kept using missles. I just thought that was queerer than a 3 dollar bill...

I did think that EMP thing was cool though when the humans did it.

Comment

I thought the fact that missiles were used made this BG version more real and much more interesting than campy loud beam weapons of the old show. This BG version is excellent and made in a style that resembles Anime.........it really was brilliant!
              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Missles just show a more primative type of technology. yes, yes, our missles now-a-days kick major butt, and can strike with pinpoint accuracy, but the show is supposed to be about a more futuristic time. Missles are like out of place there.

Comment

<< the show is supposed to be about a more futuristic time >>

Possibly more futuristic, but not necessarily in the future. If you remember the voice-over intro for the orginal series it someone saying about how many people believed that the human race had evolved elsewhere and that there were other humans scattered throughout the galaxy and that even now these might be fighting for survival. I took the implication as being that it was happening in the present day in a distant part of the galaxy. Galactica 1980 supported this theory but maybe we just shouldn't talk about that...
                  sum ergo cogitum
                  I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                    << the show is supposed to be about a more futuristic time >>

Possibly more futuristic, but not necessarily in the future. If you remember the voice-over intro for the orginal series it someone saying about how many people believed that the human race had evolved elsewhere and that there were other humans scattered throughout the galaxy and that even now these might be fighting for survival. I took the implication as being that it was happening in the present day in a distant part of the galaxy. Galactica 1980 supported this theory but maybe we just shouldn't talk about that...
                    Futuristic is the key word here. Futuristic doesnt mean missles. We already got that stuff. In the original series when they got to earth it was present day HERE. They had way futuristic technology compared to us. I would hope that a civilization that could attain levels of intergalactic travel would have evolved past missles. Especially the cylons. They need better weapons if they are flying around in space.

Comment

Why does futuristic mean no missiles? Gunpowder has been around for like a thousand years, yet we are still using it as a weapon. I think it's kind of silly to dismiss something just because it doesn't fit your notions of what is futuristic. Missile are a useful way of delivering your firepower on the enemy. You use them so your guys don't have to get so close as to put themselves in range of being destroyed by the enemy. How will this desire change just because the time is two thousand years (or whenever) from now?
                      You wanna know what dog food tastes like? DO YOU? IT TASTES JUST LIKE IT SMELLS....delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmit Devay
                        Why does futuristic mean no missiles? Gunpowder has been around for like a thousand years, yet we are still using it as a weapon. I think it's kind of silly to dismiss something just because it doesn't fit your notions of what is futuristic. Missile are a useful way of delivering your firepower on the enemy. You use them so your guys don't have to get so close as to put themselves in range of being destroyed by the enemy. How will this desire change just because the time is two thousand years (or whenever) from now?
                        If we are still using missles and gunpowder in 2000 years then we are sincerly the STUPIDEST race in the galaxy. And if we are firing missles at an enemy in 2000 years they will most likely blow them out of the sky, space, whatever, before they get close enough to do any damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                          Futuristic is the key word here. Futuristic doesnt mean missles. We already got that stuff. In the original series when they got to earth it was present day HERE. They had way futuristic technology compared to us. I would hope that a civilization that could attain levels of intergalactic travel would have evolved past missles. Especially the cylons. They need better weapons if they are flying around in space.
                          Yeah, I know. I just wanted to sound like I knew something. You've just kind of taken the wind out of my sails now though so, uh, thanks.
                          sum ergo cogitum
                          I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                            Yeah, I know. I just wanted to sound like I knew something. You've just kind of taken the wind out of my sails now though so, uh, thanks.
                            NO!!!!!!!!! Champos, I sincerly offer a heartfelt apology for taking the wind out from beneath your wings... Did you ever know that you're my hero? You are! You are about to surpass me and be a better Jaffa Fodder than I am... You will surpass me tonight! heheheh

Comment

I'm your hero? I'm touched, really, really touched, provided you understand you're not really my type so this relationship is going no further than the bedroom door. That said, if anyone else needs a hero then I can assure you that I'm good for it: I'm strong, and I'm fast, and I'm still fairly fresh from the fight, and I'm sure, and I can be there soon, and I'm not completely sure what my next line is but I think it maybe something to do with being larger than life.

Well? Aren't you all going to rush to take me up on my offer?

Isn't anyone going to?

Anyone?
                              sum ergo cogitum
                              I am therefore I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X