No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you imagine if every other episode of SG-1 had featured an equivalent level of nudity?

Comment

I'm trying to find something. There was a man far away who often lay on Abydos. His children are gone but his memory lives on. ANy idea?

Comment

What?

Is this a crossword puzzle, or a scavenger hunt?

For Stargate it's vaguely suggestive of the character of Kasuf, the leader of the Abydonians, whose son and daughter were taken by Apophis.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
          the missing female sergeant without her Earth and humanity would not have gone back out into the universe. She, therefore, becomes an important part of the origins of the franchise but
          1: we never hear her name spoken (at any time) and
          2: as soon as Jack, Daniel and Sam are captured they forget all about the sergeant that it was their whole mission to go and rescue. It is really obvious when you re-watch the episode because it goes completely against Jack's motto of never leave your people behind(which we know from A Matter of Time that Jack has from personal experiences in his own past that makes him believe this).
          OK, the female sergeant was Senior Airman Carol Weterings played by Canadian actress Rachael Heyward
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

They killed that kidnapped soldier lady anyway after Amonet refused her as a host.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I just finished watching season 10 now Comettv appears to be starting at the beginning.

Children of the Gods - this is the 1st of episodes after the original movie correct?

During Childern of the God's it looks like Sam comes aboard for the 1st time. I could have sworn I've RECENTLY seen another episode where both Sam and Dr. Jackson were introduced to SGC at the same time. At that time I think Sam was working at NASA. Dr. Jackson was teaching. Can you help me clarify this???

Actually another strange thing wasn't Dr. Jackson in the original movie?

Comment

Dr. Jackson was in the original movie, played by James Spader.
                He was left behind at the end of the movie, and was 'retrieved' in children of the Gods, and played by Michael Shanks.
                There was no Samantha Carter in the movie. She started in Children of the Gods and met Danial Jackson on Abidos.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

TY that is exactly how I saw it but like I said I saw a recent episode where they brought in both Sam and Dr. Jackson in a later episode together. AIR FORCE folks came to where Sam was working (I think @ NASA) and her jerk male boss thought they were there for him. Sam was reviewing her boss's work. In this episode Air Force folks came to get Dr. Jackson who was teaching what looked like college students. So when Sam and Dr. Jackson were @ SGC they were both nerdy and in awe of everything. Sorry I don't have the name or season of this episode.

Is it possible Adria gave me this in a dream, LOL.

Comment

You're thinking of "Moebius" (Season 8, Episode 19). The Sam and Daniel that are introduced to the Stargate program in that episode are from an alternate timeline.

Comment

Ty.

Comment

Here I am again... 3 years after having realized my childhood dream of watching the entirety of the 17 Stargate seasons.
                        I was far from thinking I would ever want to do the same again...

A few thoughts after that first episode :
                        Maybe the character of Teal'c would have benefited from more episodes before being introduced into the team... I mean come on, he does point to Apophis victims in a rather mean way when he chooses them... He still could have been a spy...

Also, I love Jack O'Neill

Comment

I’m glad the “Final Cut” version of this episode was made. Overall, I think it flows a lot better and Daniel’s explanation of Apophis in the prison scene makes more sense. I definitely like the decision to cut certain bits of dialogue that Carter has in the beginning. One little thing I disliked was removing the “MacGuyvered” line. Even though I’ve never seen MacGuyver, I liked the line and thought it fit well and was a nice nod to RDA.

Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
                          The part of this episode that has always been a stickler for me is the stargate is only reopened (to Abydos and Chulak) in order to find, retrieve and bring home the missing female sergeant without her Earth and humanity would not have gone back out into the universe. She, therefore, becomes an important part of the origins of the franchise but
                          1: we never hear her name spoken (at any time) and
                          2: as soon as Jack, Daniel and Sam are captured they forget all about the sergeant that it was their whole mission to go and rescue. It is really obvious when you re-watch the episode because it goes completely against Jack's motto of never leave your people behind(which we know from A Matter of Time that Jack has from personal experiences in his own past that makes him believe this).
                          I agree with this. I think they should have made more of a point to at least give her some kind of acknowledgement.

Comment

Working...
                          X