Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LightofXion View Post
    It was recon on an alien world......where are you gonna start looking for her? Sorry to say but she is MIA.
    Gee I don't know how about Chulak?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I've never before gave it much thought but it suddenly struck me this time that if Daniel hadn't attempted to get himself chosen, he wouldn't have put the attention squarely on them. It might have prevented Skaa'ra from being chosen, and I imagine a whole slew of events would have gone entirely different after that..
      Well, for one, Skarras coming out from under Klorel, when Apophis led those 2 ships to attack earth, is what enabled the team to gain somewhat of an upperhand, as if it was not for that, i feel they would have been killed on the spot.

And i am not sure if Teal'c would even have helped them in the first place..

Comment

Originally posted by hammerbutt View Post
        Gee I don't know how about Chulak?
        That's still quite the haystack.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Speak for yourself. I loved how sam matured from this early episode all the way to S10 and then into atlantis.
          From what I remember, Amanda Tapping had a huge role to play in that development.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            From what I remember, Amanda Tapping had a huge role to play in that development.
            I think if she hadn't, they would have forgotten about her.

Comment

Its hard for me to comment on pilots. Pilots are rough. They have to so much to do. They have to introduce characters and the story. And this episode is no different. It has highs like the run from Chulak and lows like the getting to Abydos. I rank it a fair which as I say is common in pilots. Its very difficult for a pilot to be good.

Got 9/10 on the quiz. I never knew about the Peter Willaims helmet thing. Also 21.25 aretood
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Got 9/10 on the quiz. I never knew about the Peter Willaims helmet thing. Also 21.25 aretood
                The Peter Williams question was pulled from The Illustrated Companion.
                I can only wonder how many times his nose got nipped though. Must have hurt.

Comment

Maybe that is why you see less of them later on
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

For me this pilot served its purpose - watched every ep up to season 10!!!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

You know, I didn't see the pilot until season 1 played again on Sci Fi. I started watching during the episode "Politics" (I think, it was many years ago). When I first saw this I really didn't even notice Carter's analysis of reproductive organs and interpersonal interactions.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a funny line -- I was 16 (20 years less experience with the real world).

Comment

Jigsaw done. Even at 3:43am in the morning, I seem to rock the place... I can't sleep, which I'm going to regret in a couple of hours but until then... I'm leaving you with my time results: 18:05.

Darn, that was hard.

Comment

[QUOTE=jelgate;14599892]Its hard for me to comment on pilots. Pilots are rough. They have to so much to do. They have to introduce characters and the . story. And this episode is no different. It has highs like the run from Chulak and lows like the getting to Abydos. I rank it a fair which as I say is common in pilots. Its very difficult for a pilot to be good.

I look back to the premier of Star Trek:The Next Generation, ouch... 'Encounter at Farpoint' if I remember correctly and think of how rough that was -and it was based on Star Trek. I don't remember when they actually found their footing but seem to recall most of the first season being pretty bad with the characters attempting to find themselves and their roles.

I watched ST:TNG dutifully but never really warmed to it. I think it pales in comparison to 'Children of the Gods' as a show opener. The first time I watched it, I had no idea that it was the pilot/premier as I'd started watching the 6-10:00 p.m. Monday block on Stargate in April of 2003, I believe 'Hathor' was the first episode I ever saw and I quite liked it.
                            "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
                              Just posted this on the Cor-Ai thread, but thought it fit better over here.

Frankly I find Teal'c's switch bothersome. I love Teal'c and I think his character is wonderful (especially when he gets a chance to speak! ), but his change just doesn't work for me. You said "people who were in a good position to combat the goa'uld." And for me that's the rub, they weren't in a good possition. They were in the crappiest possition they could be in. They were prisoners, and Teal'c had no clue how many there were, or how strong they were. To just up and take off with some nobody you just meet isn't the smartest idea, other then the fact that the script says it's the right thing to do.

And that line always baffled me too, because up till then he's seen humans from earth get the crap kicked out of them by Jaffa. IMO there is no reason why Teal'c should believe that statement except for the fact that the script told him to say it.

I understand it's supposed to show he's noble, and virtuous, and a good judge of character, and I did see that, but it still bothers me.
                              My take on Teal’c’s turning is that Colonel O'Neill's confidence –and likely, audacity as well -willing to go up against a much more numerous and heavily-armed foe, swayed Teal’c. Perhaps the Jaffa couldn’t organize or felt hopeless in attempting a revolt (bearing in mind that a large portion, perhaps a majority believed the hoopla about the Gou’ald being gods). As a somewhat primitive culture, when someone with glowing eyes and a bunch of soldiers walks out of the nearest chappa’ai and does some cool gee whiz kinda tricks (and threatens to kill you/your family if you don’t acquiesce) you’re likely to take what he says at face value and go along

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
                                I know... That 'top' scene sure wasnt needed, they could have just shown the head up like they did with the first girl captured.
                                I suspect that the scene was done to give a show on a premium cable channel some bang for the buck... gratuitous nudity -hell, even 'tuitous' nudity seemed to show up more on the high falutin' cable channels back then as a means of distinguishing themselves from broadcast TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X