Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Earth Symbol Re: Children of the Gods (101)

The ship that chases them is Snake Boy's personal Death Glider. It's a hot rod with all sorts of extra bits like a ring transporter added in.
    Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
    www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
    2 Cor 4:7

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: season 1 children of the gods

Well, I may be totally off, but I think I read this somwhere. Didn't they change the symbols on the computer keyboard to Star configurations so they could dial?

Of course, this is not taking into consideration the fact that has already been brought up that the computer was probably offline.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Children of the Gods (101)

yeah and i just noticed how different the stargate itself looks from th movie to the show. (didn't see the movie until I was watching S3)

Oh, and i'm glad that they did the show over the movie because of simple math.

*1 movie equals about 2 hours
    *There are (going to be) 174 episodes of Stargate SG-1
    *Each episode is about 42 minutes
    *So in order to have as much content in the movies as SG-1 you would have to have about 61 movies!

(174 x 42 minutes each episode ((divided by)) 120 minutes (# of minutes in 2 hours)= 60.9

I DO have nothing better to do

Chief Master Sergeant JediTrilobite's Avatar

I think that the only difference I noticed was that the cheverons didn't glow.

This was a good introduction to everyone's characters. Also, we learned what Daniel meant to the people of Abydos.

. . . and why he had to leave.

Lisa Michelle

Second Lieutenant GeneralJackO'Neill's Avatar

Geez, Children of the Gods, was rated R. That's one thing I hated about it.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
    Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
    "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
    My deviantART profile

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Stargate Re: Children of the Gods (101)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTrilobite
    I think that the only difference I noticed was that the cheverons didn't glow.
    I think that the designs around the 'gate itself was different...and I want to say that the rings were thicker, too, but don't hold me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff O'Connor
    I honestly think this is the coolest series premiere of any show I've ever seen. !
    Same here
    Lord Zedd

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    I think that the designs around the 'gate itself was different...and I want to say that the rings were thicker, too, but don't hold me to it.

Also, the top chevron, split in 2, so you could see the symbol even when it was down.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Quote Originally Posted by Replicarter
    Also, the top chevron, split in 2, so you could see the symbol even when it was down.
    I got DVD volumes and from season 7 the boxset there you can see that it is still open
    Lord Zedd

I know this has probably been said before but I don't want to go through and read all the thread.

I like how this episode continues with the movie before going itds own way.

Sam probably put in that many hours flying in the Gulf War but not as a fighter pilot. There were other kinds of pilots that flew Iraqian air space.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would say this is was a 6.

Second Lieutenant

Should we put a Movie thread in the Season 1 folder? There are all these dangling questions from the movie.

What ever happened to Ra's two deathgliders that were left on Abydos? I'm surprised the SGC never attempted to retrieve them.

Actually, Teal'c had never met anyone from Earth. The gate on Earth had been buried for thousands of years. The Goa'uld live that long, but Jaffa only live about 150 years or so. The human worlds the Goa'uld control are inhabited by primitive humans. Jack & Co. were obviously much more advanced than what he was accustomed.

It wasn't that Teal'c had such faith in Jack as a person, but he realized that these strangers were more advanced than other peoples he had met. Think of the questions Teal'c asked. He asked Skaara where he got his weapon. (This is not your weapon. Where did you get it?) He notices O'Neill's watch (This is not Goa'uld technology. Where are you from?) Daniel draws Earth's symbol in the dirt (proving they come from an unknown planet) and Teal'c erases it. (Most humans he knows are forbidden to read or write.) Teal'c gives several visual clues to SG-1 when the Goa'uld arrive. Indeed, SG-1 looks to Teal'c for clues several times.

Teal'c was already on the verge of rebelling. He didn't need a big push to do so. He already sympathized with the captives and tried to prevent their deaths. (To Skaara - your death cannot help her (speaking of Cha're).) He chose Cha're as a host because he felt she was the best of the bunch and that would prevent other deaths after which they would get to her anyway.

When Teal'c was ordered to "kill the rest" it was the last straw. His statement that "many have said that, but you're the first I've believed could do it" referred not to confidence in Jack, but confidence in their level of sophistication and technology.

There were more rings in the movie (10, to be precise) but I don't think they were thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicarter
    And the symbols were engraved rather than stickyout-y.

Just watched CotG again, was very impressed with the music. Like the time they were going through the gate to Abydos. When everyone else goes through the music's all millitary then theres a nice light ditty when sams all google eyed over the event horizon and thens goes all drummy and military again for O'Neill.

Banner By JME2

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Yes, I like the music. I've used it to accompany PowerPoint presentations, and it works surprisingly well. Applies to just about anything.

Chief Master Sergeant Hathor999's Avatar

Smile Re: Children of the Gods (101)

Iīm absolutly in love with "Children of the Gods": Itīs one of my alltime favourite episodes. Itīs a great introduction for the characters and the Stargate universe. Itīs good into continuing the story from the movie(beside some minor errors) but opens to many new possibilities, it has a great story, looks almost as good as a big screen film (IMO never looked any other Stargate episode so expensive )and we had the first glimpses of the now trademark OīNeill humour.What else could I do than loving it?

Just finished watching "Children of the Gods" for the first time in years. Now that I've completed the holes in my DVD collection I think I'm gonna try and go all the way through! I'd forgotten how fantastic the pilot was. Its especially great now looking back for nostalgic purposes. Its surprising to remember how all these things like the characters first meetings and learning about the Goa'uld first came about. It was great to see all the stuff we take for granted nowadays for the first time! Good stuff!

Yes, I like the music. I've used it to accompany PowerPoint presentations, and it works surprisingly well. Applies to just about anything.
    Makes me wonder what kind of presentation topics you have
    The music is actually a combination of the movie soundtrack and new pieces....I like it as well.
    http://www.alexandra-velten.net/pix/iskandrasig.jpg
    Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Default Re: season 1 children of the gods

Quote Originally Posted by rocket4477
    I don't think that's in there. The hand device is the best theory, but we honestly don't know for sure.
    If you've ever read the novel "The Price You Pay", this can be considered "confirmed" that Apophis possessed the "portable DHD" technology. In the story, SG-1 visits a planet in which Apophis' goonies regularly visit to "take" some of the humans as a willing sacrifice to become Jaffa or other slaves of Apophis. The twist is, SG-1 gets stuck on this planet without a DHD and so they find out from the other humans that Apophis leaves the planet by way of a handheld DHD. SG-1 has to find some way to get one of these devices so that they can leave.

The book series has showed that Apophis did indeed have that sort of technology on his hands (we just haven't seen it on TV)

So I have come to the conclusion that Apophis uses one of these in COTG to dial up the gate again...

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast