This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No respect and never listen!

Ok first of all by no respect I mean that Stargate hardly got any recognition by anyone! Not one late night show and then they promote BSG like crazy, and the commericals are on every channel! And by never listen I mean the writers of Atlantis or SG-1 have never listened to the fans , and ignore us. Well all I can say is thanks for 15 Seasons of Stargate and hopefully Universe will be given alittle more air time! But I got no hope for more then 4seasons!!!

I kind of understand what you mean but Stargate is like one of the biggest shows that SciFi has/had and as much as I didnt want them to finish and alot of other people didnt want them to finish SciFi must have had a valid reason for cancelling Stargate.

As for listening to fans, I believe they did as the writers, producers, etc. werent the ones that wanted to cancel Stargate.

Comment

BSG pulls in better ratings, therefore, gets more advertising

Comment

Originally posted by jakebolt View Post
        Ok first of all by no respect I mean that Stargate hardly got any recognition by anyone! Not one late night show and then they promote BSG like crazy, and the commericals are on every channel! And by never listen I mean the writers of Atlantis or SG-1 have never listened to the fans , and ignore us. Well all I can say is thanks for 15 Seasons of Stargate and hopefully Universe will be given alittle more air time! But I got no hope for more then 4seasons!!!
        The People recognized it. Atlantis did win the People's Choice award last year - not Battlestar and it was nominated. Funny thing, for as long as I can remember (and I'm 40+), the science fiction genre has been snubbed by the typical awards shows. We've been trying for years to be taken seriously so what do TPTB do to our favorite award winning show? Cancel it. Anyone besides me see a problem with that?

P.S. For the record, I'm old enough to have been a fan of the original BS which, in my humble opinion, was far truer to the premise. I've only watched 2 of the new one, but, there certainly wasn't any "hope" there.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
          I kind of understand what you mean but Stargate is like one of the biggest shows that SciFi has/had and as much as I didnt want them to finish and alot of other people didnt want them to finish SciFi must have had a valid reason for cancelling Stargate.

As for listening to fans, I believe they did as the writers, producers, etc. werent the ones that wanted to cancel Stargate.
          Don't be fooled, SciFi did nothing to promote Atlantis or it may have had better ratings. They ran marathons when most of us were working, they didn't play reruns at a regular time for any length of time, when starting the back half of a season or a new season, they didn't rerun the episodes before so we'd remember what happened previously in a time slot we could view... in short, their programming department sucks lemons and has since season 7 of SG1. They probably needed the time slot for another idiotic reality show.

Comment

Maybe this is for the best; I find that "media darlings" tend to burn out on the publicity after a while and fade into obscurity very quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X