• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Video: The 100th Episode Wrap Party

At MGM Stargate:

The 100th Episode Wrap Party

3:30 10.5MB

Stargate Atlantis Exclusive! Get an inside look at the 100th episode wrap party!

Also embedded on my google blog:

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks. I will miss them. Where were Rachel Luttrell, Torri Higginson, Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Thanks,Morjana !

I watched via your blog link..I think I need to upgrade the Player to see the MGM one.

Best wishes to the cast..all of them through the years !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

A larger size of the photo:

Spoiler:

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thank you for the video. Stargate Atlantis will be missed. I do have a quick question about the video. In the video Brad Wright stated that Atlantis was doing well and was leaving on a high note but in his Q & A on Joe M's blog he mentioned that the reason SGA was canceled was because it didn't have the numbers. Question: Which statement is the truth [mod snip]?
          Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2009, 01:29 PM.
          There are only 10 types of people in the world
          Those who understand binary
          and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mathfun View Post
            Thank you for the video. Stargate Atlantis will be missed. I do have a quick question about the video. In the video Brad Wright stated that Atlantis was doing well and was leaving on a high note but in his Q & A on Joe M's blog he mentioned that the reason SGA was canceled was because it didn't have the numbers. Question: Which statement is the truth [mod snip]?
            [mod snip - responds to snipped part of post]

Secondly, this is exactly what Brad said on Joe's blog:

"BW: Folks, if Atlantis was performing brilliantly in the ratings, it would still be on the air."

For your information, Stargate Atlantis' season five ratings were higher than season four's ratings were. However, with today's economy, the state of US television (including syndication), and the cost of producing a sixth season of SGA (vs a new season of SGU), the series was cancelled.

Neither of Brad's comments [mod snip] contradict themselves. They are accurate.
            Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2009, 01:31 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ah well, my bad, sorry.
              and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mathfun View Post
                My mum says there are apples in the bowl, but my dad says the bowl is made of china. Which statement is the truth?

More importantly, why has the question been phrased as if only one statement can be true at a time?

Seriously, it's ending on a high, in my opinion and in that of many others, in terms of quality, and perhaps in terms of them enjoying what they're doing and feeling like they could keep going.

But they don't have the numbers: fewer people watch TV dramas than used to, and those who do often tivo (which means skipping the ads) and regardless of what anyone could say about the standard and quality, the show is more expensive to make, and less profitable, than the ideal scenario which would have seen renewal.

I too see no contradiction in what BW has said.

Madeleine

Comment

Ok, Let me explain what I read and/or heard. Brad, in the video, stated that SGA was going out on a high note.... to me that means the ratings were up there. Then in the Q&A with Joe M he made the statement that the ratings were not up there. I saw this as two opposite statements. If I was wrong then I'm sorry. This is how I saw the two statements. To imply that I don't know the difference between apples and china is just ( my snip).
                  I now realize how this forum is operatering and I will be more careful in the future.
                  and those who don't.

Comment

great vid, thanks morjana
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      great vid, thanks morjana
                      You're very welcome!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It's a sad fate for all of us Sci Fi friends. Networks are going for what is cheap even though they already have financially successfull series..."reality TV." I grew up on the old Star Trek and it makes me sad that I'm losing all the great series on sci fi...

Comment

Well, i finally got to see what Cooper looked like.
                          sigpic
                          Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Working...
                          X