Can we rant about the CHAIR please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we rant about the CHAIR please?

I've decided not to flood the general discussion about my overwhelming upset about the Antarctic Chair being destroyed. So, here is space in which to rant.

Please tell me i'm not the only one really upset about the tossing-aside of a major SG-1 story arc! Darts! Killed the CHAIR!

Yeah. I agree. I though it was lame too. See my thread -- "Area 51"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by ventuscarmen View Post
      I've decided not to flood the general discussion about my overwhelming upset about the Antarctic Chair being destroyed. So, here is space in which to rant.

Please tell me i'm not the only one really upset about the tossing-aside of a major SG-1 story arc! Darts! Killed the CHAIR!
      That totally sucked...now what are they going to do when the next baddie comes knocking? Not keep Atlantis on Earth, I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
        That totally sucked...now what are they going to do when the next baddie comes knocking? Not keep Atlantis on Earth, I hope...
        There is no logical way Atlantis can take off without the people of San Francisco hearing some loud sounds from that machinery & the water noise & the waves. The writers better not treat us like retards here

It is time to reveal the Stargate

Comment

Perhaps it was only buried and damaged, and they mange to get it out and repaired....

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
            There is no logical way Atlantis can take off without the people of San Francisco hearing some loud sounds from that machinery & the water noise & the waves. The writers better not treat us like retards here

I know. Or they could just come up with some lame excuse about a chemical leak and evacuate the San Fransisco. I'm surprised they didn't notice Atlantis coming in. Even cloaked, it must've made a huge splash.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Perhaps it was only buried and damaged, and they mange to get it out and repaired....
            It's a possibility, though I doubt it...

Comment

I agree! They can't really keep Atlantis secret and still have it protect earth. Thus, destroying the chair means they have to reveal the Stargate

Comment

I agree! They can't really keep Atlantis secret and still have it protect earth. Thus, destroying the chair means they have to reveal the Stargate
                I am sure people would notice fireballs magically coming out of a cloaked Atlantis in San Francisco from the Atlantis chair

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Why not?
                    Say they refill the Atlantis chair with drones & they use them with the Atlantis chair. The cloak wont hide the drones. People would notice magical fire balls & also the sounds they make when flying

Comment

One would think that an enormous explosion of whatever power it took to obliterate Area 51 would not go unnoticed and would be extremely difficult to cover up. Even in the desert or wherever it actually was, people would certainly notice an explosion that created a crater the size of what Sheppard saw when he flew over Area 51.

I quite enjoyed this episode, but ... please ... not another "fireball racing across the northern Pacific ocean skies that crashes into the Pacific Ocean"! How many times has a "fireball" done that now? And coming to land within close sight of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, besides.

Oh, yes, and that battle over earth simply could not go unnoticed by all the amateur (as well as professional) astronomers in the world. Plus all the satellites orbiting earth for whatever reason. Imagine one of those capturing on film or tape (or whatever is in a satellite) a huge spaceship being blown up by another ship the size and shape and appearance of a city!

Setting aside all that, I really did enjoy the episode. Lots of good moments in it. Unanswered questions that could be answered in a movie.

Comment

Say they refill the Atlantis chair with drones & they use them with the Atlantis chair. The cloak wont hide the drones. People would notice magical fire balls & also the sounds they make when flying
                        Stick it in the middle of the Pacific, problem solved.

Comment

Was just the chair moved or were the drones moved too?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Stick it in the middle of the Pacific, problem solved.
                            People are going to notice alot of water movement caused by an invisible moving thing as it gets there

Comment

Exactly - I suppose they could move Atlantis to Antarctica...but in it's current state it can't stay hidden if its defenses are needed.

Here's a question: Can Atlantis protect all of earth? If I remember correctly, it can't fight off a hive ship completely with its drones...so did the Antarctic chair control a more massive supply of drones?

Comment

Working...
                              X