Todd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd

Did anyone else find it disturbing that Todd was locked up in a plastic cage starving to death? Reciting bad poetry as well. I understand that the wraith attacking Earth is a bad thing, but why keep him around. The AU Rodney stated that his team was involved with Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy so they could have taken him back home.
    The only thing I can think of is that Todd was never an ally, but an enemy in the AU.

Originally posted by ebug41 View Post
    Did anyone else find it disturbing that Todd was locked up in a plastic cage starving to death? Reciting bad poetry as well. I understand that the wraith attacking Earth is a bad thing, but why keep him around. The AU Rodney stated that his team was involved with Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy so they could have taken him back home.
    The only thing I can think of is that Todd was never an ally, but an enemy in the AU.
    I remember Todd's heartrending lines in Allies, after John freed him and gave him back his life - he laid on the ground, in the fresh air, looking at the sky.

I was very upset set seeing him locked up. I think he was rambling about what he "saw" the other Wraith doing. Listen to his lines and then think about what the Goth Wraith is doing in the desert.

Then Todd got very strange - and the strangeness BEGS a conclusion which the writers BETTER give us (or I'll.... dress up like a terrorist and, holding a ticking alarm clock go to sci fi station, LOL). I'll dress like a bag lady....

He knew John Shep by name! HOW? I know they have hive mind, but they obviously can't "hear" when other Wraith are about to betray them, double cross them, steal from them, etc. They can't literally read minds, not even of their own kind - too much happens that negates that possibility. So they are hive minded AND able to be individuals. They can get in your head - but not THAT well or Todd and others would have known our plans from the get go.

This needs a conclusion. An explanation.
    "Other Nations" T&P Marsh

Comment

Clearly, Sheppard's ordeal with Todd is what started the relationship in the first place. If Sheppard wasn't part of the SGC, that couldn't have happened. However, it is interesting that Todd was somehow stolen from the Jenai (clearly it was just some fun the writers had for this episode, but still...)

As for the mind-reading... they've always kind of had this problem with the Wraith. I recently watched the series premiere again and the Wraith were super-powerful. EXTREME regeneration, mind reading, mind control (hallucinations)... Now they take a few bullets to take out and we only hear about mind-related abilities when they play into the storyline.

Of course, you could argue that the "hive-mind" could breach through other dimensions

Comment

What else do you expect from the Atlantis expedition no matter what universe they're in?
        sigpic

Comment

I thought that the fact that they had Todd in this AU was all together way to convenient. I mean, there are millions of Wraith in Pegasus and they stumble upon the same one that the Atlantis Expedition we know keeps stumbling upon? Especially considering that it was an accident that our Atlantis Expedition ever even met Todd.
          I know that if you narrow everything similar to our reality in the Vegas AU, that you'll find it to be way too convenient. But this one just stuck out to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
            I thought that the fact that they had Todd in this AU was all together way to convenient. I mean, there are millions of Wraith in Pegasus and they stumble upon the same one that the Atlantis Expedition we know keeps stumbling upon?
            What are the odds of that happening?

Maybe it was Todd for the same reason AU Sheppard ended up dying alone in the desert - it had dramatic impact. Viewers have got to know Todd and he's become a very popular character. AU Sheppard was different to ours because of his life having taken another direction so the same would be true for AU Todd. I'm guessing the writers thought that a starving, delirious Todd would create more sympathy than if it had been a Wraith we've never seen before. Maybe it was also intended to make us more receptive to the idea of the other Wraith feeling lost, alone and desperate. (This is the impression I got from the way we were shown how he'd arrived on Earth).
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X