Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Vegas done as a favor for the Actors Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Vegas done as a favor for the Actors Only?

it seems strange to everyone that they would do an episode like vegas at the end of the final season and there were too many earth-based episodes this season as well. granted vegas was good but thats not what im talking abut. im talking about whether the writers did this episode as a going away present for the actors, if you know what i mean.
    sigpic

No - they didn't know it would be the final season when it was first pitched.

And there was only one other Earth-based episode this season, Brain Storm.

Comment

I wondered about that too. This was definetly a Joe Flanigan episode. He was back in his "CSI/Lawyer/cop element" so to speak.
      sigpic

Comment

i was suggesting that because the actors in the show are probably scouting for roles right now and in their mind it would be best for them to get out of that sci fi stuff and get acess to real roles such as CSI, etc. So clearly that episode shows their potential in being able to do those grounded realistic roles. maybe this was meant to be just that; a way to make them recognizable among casting directors.
        sigpic

Comment

That's exactly what I thought Duneknight.

Comment

If you've seen the CSI Miami episode where Joe Flanigan played a bad guy then you know he can play a pretty good bad ass charcter too. I wish them all well in whatever the future holds for them.
            Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

Didn't JF say he would love to be in a western? Man was kickin' those jeans and boots...

Comment

I think the camera operators, director, editing staff, soundtrack people, and the make-up artist would have had a bit of a lark on this one too. They all got to do something a bit different.

Madeleine

Comment

If that's the case, where were the other actors and actresses then?

Just sayin...

No, this one was for the cameo's of the higher ups. Hey, look we got you an episode that you can cameo in and get to go to Vegas too. Isn't that nice?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                  X