This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Writers

Ok so I hadn't seen this listed anywhere and if there is a thread about this already just shut this down and direct me to the correct one. I was wondering about the writers for Universe. On Mallozzi's blog he said the department was down to 5 writters, but if I read who was writing for which episode slot of Universe all 7 writers of Atlantis are working on Universe scripts. Will this then be the last Stargate Stories from 2 of them and if so anyone know who are the ones leaving Stargate?
    Last edited by frostwolf; 08 January 2009, 05:05 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

i dont know if any are leaving but i did read somewhere that new writers are being looked for...so i guess they are keeping everyone but adding some new blood also

Comment

mallozi Mullie and Gero, accorrding to wikipedia
      sigpic

Comment

I was looking on Wikipedia and the Stargate Universe page still list them as writers the only one I didn't see as listed as writer is Alan McCullough. Alan is listed as writting episode 108 though. In JM's blog he says ". Otherwise, a fairly quiet day. Given recent developments, the writing staff now numbers five, but there is talk of adding at least one more newbie to the mix in addition to freelancers." So 2 of the regulars are leaving and 1 new one being hired and use of free lancers for Universe, that is unless I am miss reading the blog, which is possible since it sometimes can be cryptic. The link to that post is below though.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-ceremony-yet/

Its says
        Last edited by frostwolf; 08 January 2009, 05:05 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Luis writes: “If you and Paul are going to be consultants on Universe who are the show writers.???”

Answer: We’ll be writing some scripts along with Brad, Rob, Carl, Martin, Alan and….?
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...he-everything/

Given recent developments, the writing staff now numbers five, but there is talk of adding at least one more newbie to the mix in addition to freelancers.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-ceremony-yet/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Writers*

Comment

PG15 writes: “I’m also confused. So there’s now 5 people on the writing team…but here all 7 writers are delivering scripts? Are these the last scripts for those who are departing?”

Answer: Quite possibly.

Lizzyshoe writes: “Are there plans to bring any women onto the writing staff?”

Answer: We have invited at least one female writer to pitch.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yeah, I really wonder what writers will be leaving SG?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Really? "invited at least one female writer to pitch"? (clearly, today was not a good day to skip JM's blog... btw, thanks Jumper_One for the info). I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about that. It should certainly be interesting.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  As do I. Guess we'll all be wondering for a while.
                  Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                  Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

What's a "writter" ?

:: scratches head ::
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      My money's on Matrin an Alan leaving. we know that Brad, Rob and Carl are producers on the show and since Paul & Joe are still working on the SGA movie i cant see them leaving brigde studios any time soon.

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                      Really? "invited at least one female writer to pitch"? (clearly, today was not a good day to skip JM's blog... btw, thanks Jumper_One for the info). I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about that. It should certainly be interesting.
                      invited dosent mean there will actually be an episode written by a female writer. she may decline the offer, the pitch may not work etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        My money's on Matrin an Alan leaving. we know that Brad, Rob and Carl are producers on the show and since Paul & Joe are still working on the SGA movie i cant see them leaving brigde studios any time soon.

invited dosent mean there will actually be an episode written by a female writer. she may decline the offer, the pitch may not work etc....
                        It would be interesting to see if they hire an woman writer for Universe. They might not even offer a position to the woman who ever she is if they didn't like her pitch though.
                        Last edited by frostwolf; 09 January 2009, 04:10 AM. Reason: Saw the title was fixed so removed reply for that.
                        sigpic

Comment

i wonder if the female writer is going to be katheryn powers! probably not, but she invented the asgard so it would be cool
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm... not really sure why people care if there's a female writer or not. I want a GOOD writer, male or female or whatever.

Comment

In Joe latest blog mailbag bit he hint that he has invited authors of the books he read to write episodes.

Their also possibility that two writers may be put solely in charge of writing and producing the films and focus their attention on that area, I think they themselves have spoke of the time it takes to write and produce them and most of the writers on the team seem to do both at the moment, so putting two soley in charge of that area would make sense to me.

I will look forward to new writers coming present on to the team but I would of like it to have been done before the first scripts was written and most of the casting decisions have been made. I know only one cast member as been announce at the moment but the rest of the cast must be in the stage of agreeing terms and signing contracts given it only four or five weeks until production begins.

Comment

Working...
                              X