A Mix Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Mix Movie

Hey I just had an idea, as many of you know it is very unlikely that the teams will ever be together again for a movie but what about mixing the teams?

I think as time goes on an the actors from SG-1 and SGA move on to other things mixed crew movies will be the norm, depending on everyone's schedules. I don't expect to see a combo cast movie until after SGA's 2nd movie and even then, I expect it to be one-two crossover characters at that. For example: RDA doesn't want to be in the 4th SG-1 movie and BB has a scheduling conflict, so JF is in the movie. Maybe the last DVD-movie would be a Pegasus Project style mega crew movie.

Comment

Samantha Carter can already appear in both so it's already kinda of a mix cast. As long as the actors want and have time to appear the producers will go with the normal cast. I think they will also go without one or two actors for either movie without mixing the cast.
      sigpic

Comment

I am for and would like to see mixed cast movies
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I'll be highly surprised if there's more than one Atlantis movie (and even this one has crossover, so technically Atlantis didn't even get one Atlantis cast only movie), so if mixed cast movies are the only way to see the Atlantis characters again, great. But it would greatly depend on WHO those cast members were and how big a role they played, and if there was only one, even if that one was JF or DH, I doubt I'd be interested.

Also, I'd be more inclined toward movies with an Atlantis/Pegasus galaxy setting rather than SGC, but I'm probably not going to get my wish on that.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

I don't consider Carter as a crossover character since she was on the show for a year. Daniel, Cam, Teal'c or Vala on Atlantis or Telya, etc. at the SGC are more of what I had in mind concerning a mixed cast movie. I think there will be at least two Atlantis movies and hopefully one of them will feature the Lost Tribe aliens.

Comment

I wasn't talking about Carter, although truth be told I would prefer she wasn't there either. I was talking about the mentions by JM of Daniel and Teal'c being in it, in addition to Carter. How substantial their role would be is obviously unknown, but that still makes it somewhat of a crossover movie in my mind.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I wasn't talking about Carter, although truth be told I would prefer she wasn't there either. I was talking about the mentions by JM of Daniel and Teal'c being in it, in addition to Carter. How substantial their role would be is obviously unknown, but that still makes it somewhat of a crossover movie in my mind.
                but aint the sga movie about the IOA not wanting to let Atlantis go?
                So i would think that the most likely secnario would be that Daniel or Carter is there in support of the efforts to send Atlantis back to Pegasus.
                sigpic
                i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Well, now that I know how the finale goes, it makes more sense, although I still hope they don't play a large role. And I'm still not sure why Teal'c would show up.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

Rematch.

Comment

I'll be highly surprised if there's more than one Atlantis movie (and even this one has crossover, so technically Atlantis didn't even get one Atlantis cast only movie),
                      I'm wondering why you think the Atlantis movie won't be successful enough for there to be more than one? With a similar budget as the SG-1 movies, it's bound to more than make it's money back, probably within months. I was never that big an Atlantis fan, but I plan on buying the movie, no matter what it's about. There just isn't enough Stargate! While I'm sure the new series will be much better than many are anticipating, I'm still expecting it to be a departute, leaving a void to be filled by the movies. I suspect I'm not the only one who didn't always care for the series, but plans on buying the film.

Also, have you heard something about the Atlantis script? What's this about crossover? Oh, never mind, I see the reference... Oh, guest appearance by Carter, Daniel, and Teal'? I was going to buy it before, but now I'm even more into it. Of course, it's to be expected, since they have to find a way to get Atlantis out of the Bay. Do you have a link to where JM was talking about that?
                      Last edited by amconway; 13 January 2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Here's a link to where JumperOne posted the reference in the Atlantis movie thread. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=437

And I said nothing about whether it would be successful or not. I'm sure it will be at least moderately successful, although probably not as successful as the first two SG-1 movies because it will be showing on Sci-Fi first before going to DVD. That's bound to lower sales a bit. No, my doubt about whether there will be more than one movie has more to do with my lack of faith in the producers' interest. They may have all the intentions of doing more than one right now, but when it comes right down to it, I'll bet they get too distracted with Universe and an SG-1 movie every year or so to do another Atlantis-only movie. I'm guessing the closest we might get is seeing Rodney McKay pop up in some future SG-1 movie, or at best a full crossover movie. But I'm betting we'll never see a movie with only Atlantis cast. *shrugs*

Of course, that might be just my cynicism talking, but I'm pretty cynical right now concerning these PTB and their interest in Atlantis. I'm guessing it'll always get pushed to the bottom of the priority pile. I'd love to be proved wrong though - guess we'll see.
                        Last edited by Killdeer; 14 January 2009, 04:39 AM.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Here's a link to where JumperOne posted the reference in the Atlantis movie thread. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=437

And I said nothing about whether it would be successful or not. I'm sure it will be at least moderately successful, although probably not as successful as the first two SG-1 movies because it will be showing on Sci-Fi first before going to DVD. That's bound to lower sales a bit. No, my doubt about whether there will be more than one movie has more to do with my lack of faith in the producers' interest. They may have all the intentions of doing more than one right now, but when it comes right down to it, I'll bet they get too distracted with Universe and an SG-1 movie every year or so to do another Atlantis-only movie. I'm guessing the closest we might get is seeing Rodney McKay pop up in some future SG-1 movie, or at best a full crossover movie. But I'm betting we'll never see a movie with only Atlantis cast. *shrugs*

Of course, that might be just my cynicism talking, but I'm pretty cynical right now concerning these PTB and their interest in Atlantis. I'm guessing it'll always get pushed to the bottom of the priority pile. I'd love to be proved wrong though - guess we'll see.
                          Cynicism can never hurt

And what TPTB say now, can always change depending on what MGM wants to do, how they want to spend thier money. It all comes down to where they think they will make the most profit. So even if JM is looking forward to more SGA movies, it is out of his hands really.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Interest has nothing to do with it; it's all about money.

If the Atlantis movie makes money, they will make more. Story, end of.

Comment

*raises eyebrow* I hope you're right. But I'll believe it when I see it. Feel free to say "I told you so" at that point.

I do think "mix movies" (tries to get back to thread topic) are probably likely in the future, however.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X