No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a fan of the SGCs favourite CMO and the lovely actress that plays her I'm starting this thread for fellow fans to come and chat about anything Janet related and why you like her or Teryl or both.

No flaming please! This is a thread for fans of the character and actress!

Enjoy,

Lucy

Comment

I'm not being a Mod or anything, but there is already a thread for the appreciation of the great character of Janet Fraiser. Here's the link to it. Feel free to revive it any time.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...r+appreciation
      ~Athena

Comment

With every episode I miss her more *sigh*

Janet! Bring her back! PLEAAAASEEE!
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Whoops sorry I started the other thread I had no idea this one was here. I searched for it but couldn't find it. Feel free to close the other one.

I love Janet! She was my favourite character from the start and Teryl was so brilliant at playing her. I miss Teryl on SG1

Lucy

Comment

Don't worry about it Lucy, sometimes its hard to find threads that have been bumped really really far down.

But yay for the revivial of the thread!

I miss as well. I noticed in recent Sg-1 episodes not that many infirmary scenes. I guess the loss of Janet is still too near, and have scenes in the infirmary would only bring back the nostalgia.

yes, me and my mindless babbling.
            ~Athena

Comment

It feels really weird watching it now without Janet. She always lit up the screen and now without the character it feels like something is mising somehow. I always loved Janets scenes because she always had such lovely interaction with the other characters and was always so full of compassion with her sense of humour appearing every so often which was also a joy to watch especially when she was around Jack.

I want Janet back <sniffle>

Lucy

Comment

I watched Heroes again last night which I really shouldn't because it upsets me but it really made me realise how weird it is now to watch SG1 without Teryl and Janet in it. Teryl brought a unique quality to the show and made Janet a totally adorable and well loved character. Janet was courageous, funny and passionate about what she did and just watching her interaction with the interviewer in this episode and her bravery made me see just how different the show now is without the character. Heroes was a good tribute to military personell who lose their lives saving the lives of others but I think Janets death has left a whole that no other actor or actress can fill in the show.

Just had to say all that lol,

Lucy x

Comment

The first thing that comes to mind when I see TR on another show is: Hey, there's Doc Frasier! Before Stargate, I really never noticed her.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Me either but thats cos I live in England and we didn't really have much of anything she was in. Now I'm a huge fan so I've watched more things with Teryl in. She's a great actress!

Comment

Saw her in the Xfiles over the weekend & it made me miss Dr. Fraiser all over again. I don't think they can replace her with a new Dr., though the show probably needs one.

Comment

I don't think anyone can replace Teryl or Janet. She had such a presence on the show that I don't think anyone can even begin to match.

That episode of the X-Files majorly freaks me out!

Lucy x

Comment

Yes, it was freaky. I agree: Fraiser was a special character who can't be replaced. The couple of Doctors they tried were pretty ho hum. I think I heard that Fraiser was originally only going to be an occasional character, but that they increased her role, probably b/c of what TR was able to do with the part.

Comment

Yeah she was amazing. I fell in love with the character in The Broca Divide. She was just so full of passion and wide eyed wonder about everything at the SGC and was so excited about her job. Then we got to see her be a parent and grow over seven seasons and that too was an amazing journey as well. I don't think anyone can fill the void really.

Comment

Can't believe I didn't notice this thread
                              Janet is the BEST doctor on that show peorid IMO.
                              TR is also really nice when I met her for the first time last Feb. and she wished me good luck in nursing school. She's the best!

Comment

Teryl's an adorable and lovely lady thats for sure. We've been writing since I was seventeen years old and I'm twenty two this year. The first time I met her was something i'll never forget. She was just so sweet! Awwww!

Lucy

Comment

Working...
                                X