Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kathleen View Post
    Just wondering if this thread was still active. I recently re-discovered my love of this show after my computer crashed, and I was looking through older backups. I realized that i'd lost most of my old con pics of Teryl, and was hoping to find some here...but most images are gone.
    And I just wanted to chat with some Teryl fans.
    Well, not many are around still but the thread's only as active as its last discussion.

As far as images goes, considering Photobucket kicked free accounts to the curb in favor of their paying customers (I can understand why, I just don't think it was good business the way it went), chances are most images in this thread will have disappeared along with their owners.

And the alternatives for hosting are limited in option unless you have a server available yourself.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I assumed as much. After losing my archive, I was so disappointed to find many of the older sites that housed con photos, either to buy or download, were simply gone. I spent years and money amassing my collection, and am sad to think I'll never get many of those back. Even some older posted images of behind the scenes are gone with the SciFi pages being removed. There was a deleted scene of Sam comforting Janet after the female Jaffa died, and someone posted a pic...but that too is gone. A shame.

Comment

Yeah... definitely not cool.

Also makes it interesting finding material to use for artwork.

Comment

It most definitely makes it difficult for the artists...I do covers for fanfiction pieces on the side, and after losing my database, I'm scrambling for raw images. Sad for newcomers to the fandom as well...they don't get to see the history that is unique to the cons.

Comment

fullsizeoutput_b11f.jpg

Does anyone know where this image came from? And perhaps where I can see the video?

Comment

Not a clue... could be season 3-4 ish...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42832[/ATTACH]

Does anyone know where this image came from? And perhaps where I can see the video?
                There's a window behind her with a curtain on it, so it isn't the SGC since there are no windows there. Has to be off base at some point.

Comment

Based on the hairstyle I know it's not season 4 or 5
                  Could it be Season 2's In the Line of Duty?

As for the convention pictures you had, try asking in the fandom section and if you remember what conventions some of the pictures were from that might help if you decide to ask there.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I was thinking S7...that's what the hair looks like to me.
                    Thanks for the advice on the con pics.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                      Based on the hairstyle I know it's not season 4 or 5
                      Could it be Season 2's In the Line of Duty?

As for the convention pictures you had, try asking in the fandom section and if you remember what conventions some of the pictures were from that might help if you decide to ask there.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        There's a window behind her with a curtain on it, so it isn't the SGC since there are no windows there. Has to be off base at some point.
                        Yeah...I'm assuming it's a behind the scenes thing...it looks like her studio trailer.

Comment

You're welcome. After having looked at screen caps from the Gateworld Gallery, like this one I think you're right on it being from Season 7. If you have Season 7 on DVD check the extras and maybe it's from one of them or something from the bonus dvds that are a part of the series boxset.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

You're welcome. After having looked at screen caps from the Gateworld Gallery, like this one I think you're right on it being from Season 7. If you have Season 7 on DVD check the extras and maybe it's from one of them or something from the bonus dvds that are a part of the series boxset.
                            It looks kind of like how she wore her hair in Heroes, and when she was having lunch with that reporter.

Comment

My thoughts exactly! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll dig those out.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                It looks kind of like how she wore her hair in Heroes, and when she was having lunch with that reporter.

Yeah, that's what i thought...looked like the color and style in Lifeboat.

Comment

Working...
                                X