No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe it's been a year since I've been here. Glad to see that it'snot dead anymore
    On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Um...what she said ^^^^ It's been quite awhile since I've been around here too but glad to see some lovin' still going on. Been jonesing for a rewatch.

*puts jealousy of con attendees aside and patiently waits for more pretty JoY pics and things to look at *
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Glitch!
        Scully!

J-Yo!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Good to see you are still more or less active <3

What do you say if we re-watchers really joined forces and watched at similar timetable? Then we'd maybe find all new ideas, or new ways to look the old ones, and we could discuss on them like we did in good old times, i.e. other people might remember the scenes were are speaking

Edit: Haha, I'm writing a fic and the writing program doesn't know the word Baumschlager. What is funny is, it's trying to correct the word to these: camouflager, psychologist, parapsychology
          Last edited by FromOutside; 29 April 2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

It's interesting what the word programs will do with words they don't know!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Why did he use Baumschlager name anyway? I think we discussed that at some point but I can't remember the answer if there was one.

*changes subject without any suitable intro*

It's 1st on May now and topic of hangover is hot in here Elsewhere that sprung a discussion of vampires, their healing abilities and how does a vampire hangover work&feel. (I know this isn't super on-topic but close enough and we DID have to see winequila, so this kind of applies xD)

In many canons vampires are immune to effects of alcohol but not always. Even if they are immune, there is a possibility of "vampire booze" or some other poison that alters brain chemistry in similar or worse way. And if it can affect, why couldn't it give a hangover?

I'm interested to know your take on vampire hangover. Is it like the human version? Maybe it lacks the symptoms that aren't caused by brain chemistry (because of the healing abilities)? Can you imagine a vampire suffering from paranoia hangover? Maybe that special brand when the smallest sounds makes them jump?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                Glitch!
                Scully!

J-Yo!
                Hey Nad long time no see ... Missed you. Not sure if it was mentioned here but Jon has an Instagram now. Will be collecting new pics of him so putting you guys on standby

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                Good to see you are still more or less active <3

What do you say if we re-watchers really joined forces and watched at similar timetable? Then we'd maybe find all new ideas, or new ways to look the old ones, and we could discuss on them like we did in good old times, i.e. other people might remember the scenes were are speaking

Edit: Haha, I'm writing a fic and the writing program doesn't know the word Baumschlager. What is funny is, it's trying to correct the word to these: camouflager, psychologist, parapsychology
                Yea I haven't changed, although I have no sanctuary muse anymore but I still consider Jon to be my favorite actor. Hopefully that won't choose, he's definitely my number one on my list
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

Why did he use Baumschlager name anyway? I think we discussed that at some point but I can't remember the answer if there was one.

*changes subject without any suitable intro*

It's 1st on May now and topic of hangover is hot in here Elsewhere that sprung a discussion of vampires, their healing abilities and how does a vampire hangover work&feel. (I know this isn't super on-topic but close enough and we DID have to see winequila, so this kind of applies xD)

In many canons vampires are immune to effects of alcohol but not always. Even if they are immune, there is a possibility of "vampire booze" or some other poison that alters brain chemistry in similar or worse way. And if it can affect, why couldn't it give a hangover?

I'm interested to know your take on vampire hangover. Is it like the human version? Maybe it lacks the symptoms that aren't caused by brain chemistry (because of the healing abilities)? Can you imagine a vampire suffering from paranoia hangover? Maybe that special brand when the smallest sounds makes them jump?
                  I have an explanation for that. A vampire feeds off of someone who is drunk. Watch the Dracula movie Love at First Bite with George Hamilton.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Dropped out for a while.

My mom passed away last week and we had her cremation today, so life is pretty much meh.
                    Fandom is a nice distraction from all of it. I've been reading FF and watching (shippy) vids and it actually helps to keep smiling. And J-Yo is quite inspiring too.

I'd still be up for it, Sanctuary makes me happy.

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                    Hey Nad long time no see ... Missed you. Not sure if it was mentioned here but Jon has an Instagram now. Will be collecting new pics of him so putting you guys on standby

Yea I haven't changed, although I have no sanctuary muse anymore but I still consider Jon to be my favorite actor. Hopefully that won't choose, he's definitely my number one on my list
                    I missed you too!
                    Was wondering where you were after the thread re-boot

And yes! He looks good lately.
                    (Still shallow and unashamed)

Vampire hangovers, huh?
                    That's just plain awesome.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Sorry about that. Going to the library is hard. Schedule changes too much.

sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

DutchIndeed, sorry to hear that

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        I have an explanation for that. A vampire feeds off of someone who is drunk. Watch the Dracula movie Love at First Bite with George Hamilton.
                        I don't get why that would work. After all blood alcohol levels are very low even when the one whose blood it is, is totally wasted. But I'll have to watch the movie if I can find it, it sounds interesting

Comment

// Edit:

Ok, this may be a bit strange thread for the topic but there was no better one and you guys are in here so I don't care

I've been re-watching and remembering how the first seasons were. I got a feeling that everyone was so much more professional and less friends with each other that later on. Which I love, 100%. I get that working long hours together and living under the same roof either makes you friends or sworn enemies () so I'm not complaining. But my fangirl brain found new ways to think the Five and how their relationships were.

I've always assumed Helen&co were friends before they were the Five. Many fanfic writers seem to share the thought but why are we thinking that? Why aren't we thinking that someone (likely Helen) formed the Five to investigate Source Blood properties and they were first and foremost coworkers and maybe even didn't like each other at first (or at all)?

I believe the hints we were given during the first season(s?) show more of a conflicted relationships between coworkers. When John broke into Sanctuary to get Helen's blood he said that the other will come. The context doesn't suggest they'd come to share a cup of earl grey and reminisce the jolly old times. From The Five we learn that Nikola shocked John half dead trying to extract information (if my memory serves), and later Helen was more or less saved by John who out his fist through poor Nikki. Also Helen mentions no one liked Nikola. (In anger, yes, but I don't think that she'd have said that if there was simply no truth behind it.)

So, wtf made me think, obviously old friends?!

Yup, John was insane and Nikola probably wasn't a picture of perfect mental health either, during what took place in Rome. And Gregory's test (the one in Bhalasaam) imho made it clear that John and James were in good terms before John became Jack the Ripper.

Again on the other hand, friendships and such are somewhat easily formed at work. More I think of it, more it looks like working environment dynamics, maybe changed and developed after the injection and years lived.

What is your take on this?

// Edit 2: ...and quoted instead of editing and then edited to edit the quote. Wow. Sorry for the double post.

Comment

I honestly get the feeling that Nikola and Helen at least were friends before the Five and that eventually everyone came later on. The fact that she said that no one liked him, I get the feeling she did but the guys didn't ... Honesty cause I think they were jealous because he's smarter

Also I think as far as Nigel and Nikola, they were on joking terms due to For King and Country, and James just thought he was annoying. As for John they were both fighting for Helen's affection so they obviously didn't get along.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

I got the feeling that James mostly tolerated Nikola, Nigel and Nikola joked around a lot, and we all know why Nikola and John didn't get along.

I also got the vibe that Nikola and Helen were friends from before the Five.

Comment

That's basically what I just said Sparky

Spoiler:
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X