• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG that song made me *squee* inside
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

hmmm which one.. the one i posted the lyrics to?
      sigpic

Comment

i though Mimzy was talking about my post i wa slike whhattt? lol.. then i realised i posted no lyrics

linkies to the songs i posted before well i didn't find the whole song, this is bit and pieces of Throw Down if anyone was interested

Fleetwood Mac - TD - Rehersal
        Last edited by atlantis_babe34; 30 April 2009, 01:08 AM.
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

(Sigh) We need JY and Tesla shows right now and thanks to you guys with our ideas for season two I can't wait and I think that all of those sence must be in there.
          Love songs and wall paper.
          sigpic

Comment

Y'know, the song "Good Enough" by Evanescence makes me think of Helen & Niko every time I listen to it ...I'm actually listening to it now...lol

Under your spell again
            I can't say no to you
            Crave my heart and it's bleeding in your hand
            I can't say no to you

Shouldn't let you torture me so sweetly
            Now I can't let go of this dream
            I can't breathe but I feel...

Good enough,
            I feel good enough for you

Drink up sweet decadence
            I can't say no to you,
            And I've completely lost myself, and I don't mind
            I can't say no to you

Shouldn't let you conquer me completely
            Now I can't let go of this dream
            Can't believe that I feel...

Good enough,
            I feel good enough
            It's been such a long time coming, but I feel good

And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall
            Pour real life down on me
            'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough
            Am I good enough for you to love me too?

So take care what you ask of me,
            'cause I can't say no

AGH! *dies of SQUEE*
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

ohhh yes its so them
              sigpic

Comment

I know...
                *sigh*

btw I found yet another Helen/Nikola vid:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYpz9PJ7RQ

Did I mention that it's the sexiest ship ever? lol
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Ooooooooooooooh! We're singing! *Grabs lighter and guitar*
                  I sure needed that today.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    Ooooooooooooooh! We're singing! *Grabs lighter and guitar*
                    I sure needed that today.

Well, I dunno if some of the songs are the kind you'd wave your lighter around for...*cough*Hellfire*cough*...but hey, for that song, the flame is quite appropriate

Anyway, I can't stop listening to it...although it is a *biiittt* harsh to imagine Tesla singing to Helen "Be mine or you will burn" (in Hell, that is...)

Astonishing how it's from a DISNEY movie, of all things The Hunchback of Notre Dame is seriously the most kid-inappropriate Disney movie EVER
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post

Well, I dunno if some of the songs are the kind you'd wave your lighter around for...*cough*Hellfire*cough*...but hey, for that song, the flame is quite appropriate

Anyway, I can't stop listening to it...although it is a *biiittt* harsh to imagine Tesla singing to Helen "Be mine or you will burn" (in Hell, that is...)

Astonishing how it's from a DISNEY movie, of all things The Hunchback of Notre Dame is seriously the most kid-inappropriate Disney movie EVER
                      LOL MIMZ maybe just a *tad* harsh!

i only have the vaguest memory of the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
                        LOL MIMZ maybe just a *tad* harsh!

i only have the vaguest memory of the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
                        LOL if you re-watch it, you will notice SOOO many things you wouldn't have picked up on as a kid... Like...just how perverted the villain is...and how Esmeralda almost curses...

Anyhoo...

Spoiler:

Tesla had the best quotes EVER!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

What about 'strong Enough' by sheryl Crow????

Now that's a good tesla/Helen song
                          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Looks at sigs and giggles. I love this place I can always get my fixes here and don't worry I will post lots of piccys to return the favor once I have the chance.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder why so many people like Tesla so much? I was diagnosed with Histrionic personality disorder as a young adult and Tesla fits all PCL-R 1a, 1b, 2a & 2b factors. In layman's terms he is a freaking wacked out Sociopath.
                              sigpic
                              In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                              "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                                I wonder why so many people like Tesla so much? I was diagnosed with Histrionic personality disorder as a young adult and Tesla fits all PCL-R 1a, 1b, 2a & 2b factors. In layman's terms he is a freaking wacked out Sociopath.
                                Because he was a genius. And we owe pretty much almost all of the modern technology we take for granted to him Plus, his tragic childhood and the loads upon loads of rejection he experienced makes him more sympathetic

And I thought the term "sociopath" only applied to people with "antisocial personality disorder" (i.e. people who have no capability for empathy) ...but I could be wrong--I just studied that in psych today, so I have no real depth of knowledge about personality disorders

Actually, I dunno how accurate any kind of diagnosis would be...he showed so many signs of different kinds of mental disorders that it's hard to pinpoint one (as it always is with that kind of thing--hence people with Dissociative Identity Disorder often get misdiagnosed as having schizophrenia...or how one psychologist said I was a slow processor of information or whatever before another finally figured out I had OCD). Mental Disorders are so hard to figure out--they're even harder to label in a person if said person has more than one.

Anyway, he showed signs of

-OCD (definitely...he continually washed his hands, wore gloves, could not touch people's hair, was obsessed with the number 3...the list goes on and on)
                                -PTSD (due to witnessing his brother's death--for the rest of his life he was plagued with nightmares/visions of the event and of the funeral)
                                -Dissociative Fugue (for a time he forgot his entire childhood and had to slowly regain all the memories--again, this was probably due to the situation w/ his brother)
                                -Panic Disorder (he had random panic attacks after having been under a lot of self-imposed stress)
                                -Social Phobia (was uncomfortable interacting with people)
                                -Borderline Personality Disorder (he was described as being soft and gentle by some, while at other times he would get easily irritated at the randomest things)
                                -Schizophrenia (due to the fact that he had very high sensitivity to things during panic attacks and had hallucinations)
                                -Conversion Disorder/Somatization Disorder (he experienced odd physical ailments possibly due to psychological factors)

I could keep on going. While I don't think anybody can be completely sure of what he really had, I am pretty sure he almost definitely had at least OCD and PTSD.

Anyway, I like him because yes, he was a genius and we owe a lot to him--but also because he had to perservere through so much psychological and emotional torture throughout his life, and I can relate to that (although it's nowhere near to the extent that he suffered). Finding people who had OCD but who still pushed through as some of the most notable people in history is a great source of inspiration for me, and I look up to Tesla for being one of those people. I probably won't ever accomplish as much as he did or ever be as smart as he was, but the fact that he had so much going on psychologically and still was able to make a HUGE positive impact on the world is enough to inspire anybody (John Nash, anyone? ).

And besides, everybody loves to root for the underdog. He deserves more recognition than he got in his lifetime *mumbles something about Edison*

BTW I made another banner:
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X