Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista View Post
    *Almost 42 year old lady wants to know what's wrong with looking 46?!?*

Wasn't Jack supposed to be about that old at the beginning of the series?

ETA: Isn't Cam supposed to be about 39 now?
    Hahaha! Did I say there was anything wrong with it? Nope, not me! Just that Ben Browder doesn't look like he's in his forties. Not to me anyway. I could easily believe him to be ten years younger than he actually is. And yeah, I suppose Cam would be about 39 by now, according to 200 and Bounty.

I will refrain from comment on how old Jack was supposed to be as I will undoubtedly be corrected no matter what I say. I think Jack's age is only established by a screen shot of his ID, or something like that. And I can never keep track of the random ages that we only know based on props. Plus I don't trust props anyway, since if the props were right, then Jack was demoted and promoted again over the course of The Shroud.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
      Hahaha! Did I say there was anything wrong with it? Nope, not me! Just that Ben Browder doesn't look like he's in his forties. Not to me anyway. I could easily believe him to be ten years younger than he actually is. And yeah, I suppose Cam would be about 39 by now, according to 200 and Bounty.
      Forty is the new Thirty, you know. (I may be the only one saying that, but I'm sticking to it! I'm also choosing to believe that I got carded a few nights ago because that waitress really thought I might be under 21 rather than that she wanted a bigger tip!!! )

I will refrain from comment on how old Jack was supposed to be as I will undoubtedly be corrected no matter what I say. I think Jack's age is only established by a screen shot of his ID, or something like that. And I can never keep track of the random ages that we only know based on props. Plus I don't trust props anyway, since if the props were right, then Jack was demoted and promoted again over the course of The Shroud.
      Not only that, but Walter has had several name changes. He must be in the witness protection program or something.

Regardless, I agree that BB looks pretty darn good....er...uh...young.

I do hope he's in the movie, because I find Cam to be quite entertaining. Yeah, he got off to a bit of a rough start, but I think he settled down and now I like him a lot. I do, though, hope that if he is in this movie that he gets to do more than just hand-to-hand fighting.

I guess I'm hoping for less "action" in general. (I'm thinking that would actually suit all the characters anyway. I mean, isn't Teal'c older than Bra'tac started off now as well? And Teal'c called him "old man" all the time!) I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like a more thought-provoking movie.

Comment

*Almost 42 year old lady wants to know what's wrong with looking 46?!?*

Wasn't Jack supposed to be about that old at the beginning of the series?

ETA: Isn't Cam supposed to be about 39 now?
        I was the one who mentioned BB's age in the beginning. I certainly think he's an attractive man (I actually think that the attractiveness of RDA has gotten better with age and MS and BB are both following his lead), but I'm in the minority thinking that he does look his age. There is not a thing wrong with the way he looks, but I would put him in his early fourties.

I guess I'm hoping for less "action" in general. (I'm thinking that would actually suit all the characters anyway. I mean, isn't Teal'c older than Bra'tac started off now as well? And Teal'c called him "old man" all the time!) I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like a more thought-provoking movie.
        I agree with you on the wanting of a thought provoking film. Space battles, explosions, and fist fights are all well and good, but it's the characters we care about. Some of my favorite episodes (Torment of Tantalus, the Fifth Race, Abyss) were more character driven than action driven.
        Originally posted by Callista
        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
        Originally posted by HPMom
        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

No offense, but that's fanon, not canon. We never heard Jack state his reasons for taking the job as head of homeworld security, and we don't know that it was "begrudgingly." We never saw Jack's move to HWS on screen. I know a lot of fans have speculated that he didn't want the job, and just took it out of some sense of responsibility or duty, and I agree that that's possible. But it's just speculation because it's never portrayed on screen. All we have to go on are about two comments about how Jack doesn't like sitting around and kinda misses the action. But Jack made similar comments when he was the leader of SG-1 about how he was tired of the "saving the world" thing, and all the responsibility that went with it. So I see no evidence that he was more dissatisfied with being a General than he was as a Colonel.

And on another note, I've also heard the argument that Jack "doesn't like" Cam because he wants his job back. But that's just petty. I've never seen Jack as being petty and jealous like that. Personally, I don't think that's in character.

So, with all of that said... I see no reason why Jack and Cam wouldn't get along just fine. I would be interested to see their interaction. I think it could be done quite well. And honestly, I think that TPTB need to include both of them in order to fix a problem that they created. Because of the way it was written, there is a tendency among fans to separate the "old" SG-1 from the "new" SG-1. And I think they need to blur that line a little bit in this movie (and any future movies) in order to emphasis the show as a whole... all ten years worth of it. I've never liked the division between the "old" versus the "new," so I'd be very happy to see that eliminated. It would also provide more opportunities for them in future movies to mix and match the cast, using whoever was available and best for the storyline, instead of every movie having to be either exclusively the "old team" or the "new team."
          I have to agree with this completely.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Okay, if you are afraid I'll make a valiant attempt of explaining it.

According to the spoken canon on the show, which I guess is the most important canon, Jack was born in 1957 (in season 1, ep. "Brief Candle" he says "I'm forty". I know there are various fan speculations that he didn't mean it exactly etc., but the fact is he says 40, not "around 40" nor "in my forties" or something like that. 40 is 40). Back then RDA, 47 himself, really looked the part. In the later seasons he started to look his age though (and there's nothing wrong with it, I still think he's hot ), and in season 7 "Fragile Balance" they showed a shot of his military ID with the dob 20 Oct 1952. That's why there's a confusion. Personally I have no idea why majority pf people in this particular instance prefer prop canon over spoken canon..

As for Ben, I agree he looks younger than he is. As for his acting in Farscape I'm somewhere in the middle: I don't think it was bad, but I wasn't particularly impressed either.

And to be more on topic, as I'm sure most of this post will be deleted by the Mods sometime soon:
            I don't really care about Cam appearing in the third movie. As I said on another thread, I'd prefer if he wasn't in it (I already got a huge dose of him in AoT and Continuum), but on the other hand I'm curious how TPTB would handle having both Jack and Jack-wannabe onscreen and working together.

So I guess I'll be ok both ways, provided Cam won't be made out to be the hero again.
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

He'd better be.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                He'd better be.
                So say we all.

I'm not actually a BSG fan. I just felt like saying that
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

So say we all.

Ah...not quite all
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Ah...not quite all
                    Definitely
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Ah...not quite all
                      That would be why I added the little winking smilie.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

That would be why I added the little winking smilie.
                        I know
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          So it's a moonbase for sure now? LOL
                          Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          Isn't that what they've been saying all along? That Icarus is a base on a moon?
                          Nope.

Comment

So say we all.

So says me!
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X