This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christopher Heyerdahl

I know this may make me look like a comlete idiot but how many of you knew that Mr. Heyerdahl played both Todd and Halling, one of Teyla's people?

I was watching a season 1 episode and saw him and it just clicked so I looked it up and sure enough. So am I just an idiot?

Thanks!
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

I prefer him as Todd myself. (pointing out the obvious, I know. )

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      I prefer him as Todd myself. (pointing out the obvious, I know. )
      I completely agree with that!!
      You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I figured it out with voice (in the 4th season)..........

sigpic
        Sig made by squirrely1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
        *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
          I know this may make me look like a comlete idiot but how many of you knew that Mr. Heyerdahl played both Todd and Halling, one of Teyla's people?

I was watching a season 1 episode and saw him and it just clicked so I looked it up and sure enough. So am I just an idiot?

Thanks!
          Don't worry, you're not an idiot.

Unless you caught it in the credits you might not notice that Todd and Halling were played by the same actor. The two characters really don't look the same.

I like him as Halling but even better as Todd!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post

Thanks!
            Yes, you are. JUST kidding! You're not an idiot. Just today I was talking to a friend of mine who is a long-time SGA fan. We were discussing Todd, and I mentioned that Chris was also Halling, and my friend nearly fell off her chair - she did not realize they were the same actor!

That has a lot to do with the make-up, and the great difference in the two characters. I believe I read where Chris had originally auditioned to be a Wraith, but was instead given the role of Halling...just the opposite of the menacing 'monster' he wanted to be. Later, when they needed a Wraith character after James Lafazanos left, they used Chris (No Man's Land/Misbegotten):
            Spoiler:

We call him 'Edgar', in honor of albino rocker, Edgar Winter. When the role in Common Ground came up, Chris got that, too...and the rest is history!

das
            sigpic

Comment

Well, Chris H. first appeared in SG1 (ep. Revisions as Pallan) so...

but I like him as Todd and for me it was easy to recognize him under wraith disguise
              :A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I like him better as Todd. Speaking of Hallin, why have we seen him in only 1 episode since Season 1?
                Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I think he plays the characters amazingly well. Halling may not be as fascinating as Todd, but the warmth the character can add to a scene is very beneficial to the show at many times.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Kind of off-topic, but he also plays 2 characters on Sanctuary. He's Bigfoot and John Druitt.

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                      Kind of off-topic, but he also plays 2 characters on Sanctuary. He's Bigfoot and John Druitt.
                      Druitt has a conversation with Bigfoot in the most recent episode. That's like Todd talking to Halling.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                        Druitt has a conversation with Bigfoot in the most recent episode. That's like Todd talking to Halling.
                        that would've been interestingly cool to see

Comment

He rocks as Todd
                          Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Not so far off topic, but has anyone else noticed Todd appears more "aged/ whorn" since "The lost tribe".

Comment

Originally posted by Lonely Goldfish View Post
                              Not so far off topic, but has anyone else noticed Todd appears more "aged/ whorn" since "The lost tribe".
                              That's what ten thousand years can do to you.
                              My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Working...
                              X