One glaring problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One glaring problem....

The truck was clearly dripping engine coolant, not transmission fluid! A mid 90s Chev like that would have a 4l60E automatic transmission which contains a red Mecron/Dextron III hydraulic fluid!

Well if the only "glaring problem" you can find, has to do with the colour of transmission fluid, then well done Writers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Then the writers did a wonderful job. Maybe it was a mistake and you have to use your "imagination".
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

While I wouldn't call it a glaring problem, I certainly understand where you're coming from. Mistakes like that, even ones that most people wouldn't notice, can take you right out of the story. It's happened to me many times.

Kudos for having such a keen eye, though.
        I'm smiling...that alone should disturb you.

I write stuff!

Comment

Well it is an alternate universe, maybe they used a different color transmission fluid in it, and that's why it was divergent from ours.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            well it is an alternate universe, maybe they used a different color transmission fluid in it, and that's why it was divergent from ours.
            green!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              Well it is an alternate universe, maybe they used a different color transmission fluid in it, and that's why it was divergent from ours.
              ooooo good one!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
              My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

I thought it was blinker fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by 80Sierra View Post
                  The truck was clearly dripping engine coolant, not transmission fluid! A mid 90s Chev like that would have a 4l60E automatic transmission which contains a red Mecron/Dextron III hydraulic fluid!
                  Good catch! Not that I would have known it.

Comment

LOL ...I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

They could have said transmission fluid but my mind heard radiator coolant...which in my neck of the woods is a florescent green.

Comment

from transcript:
                      CRIME SCENE GUY: We've got radiator fluid down here. (He points to a wet patch on the ground.) Looks like the vehicle has a leak.

Don´t se no glaring problem...

Comment

Oh for frack's sake! (see how I didn't swear there : -)

Originally posted by 80Sierra View Post
                        If Jonas and Camulus ever have puppies, I want one!

Comment

Have we all agreed that the guy said Radiator Fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                            Have we all agreed that the guy said Radiator Fluid?
                            Absolutely not. In all the time I have spent (about 10 minutes when I changed a brake light) working on vehicles and vehicular...stuff...I know conclusively that it was blinker fluid running down the over-head posiquad adjuster.

It couldn't have been anything else.

Just in case some didn't get it I was trying to be funny, sometimes I don't hit the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by mlarke View Post
                              Absolutely not. In all the time I have spent (about 10 minutes when I changed a brake light) working on vehicles and vehicular...stuff...I know conclusively that it was blinker fluid running down the over-head posiquad adjuster.

It couldn't have been anything else.

Just in case some didn't get it I was trying to be funny, sometimes I don't hit the mark.
                              Hahaha! But seriously, the guy said Radiator Fluid -- I will not let this die until all have agreed>

Comment

Working...
                              X