Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Sheppard's Fate (Spoiler for end of Vegas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm of the school that he died alone, out there in the desert, but I'm also quite happy with the growing number of pieces of fanfic in which he's rescued in the nick of time...

Comment

fanfic rocks!
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I'm of the group that think AU Shep is dead.

I really did like the ending though with the song and all. It seemed very fitting for the situation. For a "character death" it was nicely done.

If he did not die, then that was a very cheesy ending.

Comment

I cried my eyes out when Detective Sheppard died
          C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
            I guess I am more optimistic than you guys, and HOPE that the A.U. guys are just not that cod hearted and leave the guy out there to die!!!
            It's not that they would have been "cold," but rather that Sheppard was beyond saving. He looked pretty bad off as the episode ended, and it is almost certain that any rescue wouldn't be showing up for at least another couple of minutes, at which point he would probably already have bled to death.

And don't forget the radiation.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Spoiler:
              So Sheppard died! It's no big deal! Get over it, people! This friday, he'll be back, violating the UCMJ like there was no tomorrow

Comment

Actually if you look at the whole of SGA from S1 to S5, Sheppard has never had any problems with dying. So much until at times you'd even think he's trying to die in the line of duty. I think this episode was a chance for the writers to give Sheppard "his wish".

Comment

Originally posted by Crazynewf View Post
                  First I would like to say I am not against this episode. I just think it was the wrong place in the season to do it. But mainly... And here's the spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Sheppard dies at the end of this episode!
                  I know it's technically not 'our' Sheppard but for all us whump fans this is a major development. I was practically jumping up and down in my seat. But it was sad.

Anybody else have thoughts on the alternate Sheppard's fate?
                  I thought Rodney sent out a rescue mission ... but after reading the transcript, and then watching the show over, I can't decide.

Spoiler:
                  McKAY: If John Sheppard hadn't found that Wraith when he did, that transmission definitely would have made it through to Pegasus. He saved our asses.

ZELENKA: Yes. But that transmission would have been stronger in any other reality exposed to the rift.

McKAY: They could be in a lot of trouble right now.

If Rodney says "they" at the end, then I think
                  Spoiler:
                  Sheppard dies at the end.

If Rodney says "he" (which is what it sounds like to me, but doesn't make sense in the context of what they were talking about), then I think he doesn't. But I can't tell if Rodney's saying "they" with his Canadian accent making it a long ee, or what!

Becky (I want it to be "he"!)
                  sigpic

Comment

Perhaps it was a rescue team Rodney was referring to, but I was rather of the mind that he meant the alternate universes when he said 'they'. And to pronounce 'they' as 'he' Rodney would have to be Shakespearian, not Canadian!
                    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/ Save SGA!

Comment

I think AU Shep died, but it'd be nice if he was rescued. Heck, maybe they could've found a spare sarcophagus or let Todd feed and then restore him.

*sniff* Our fallen hero. *sniff*

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

The Daedalus was knocking around so why didn't they just beam him up

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                          The episode ended in a way that the viewer could decide what happened to Sheppard.
                          erm how does him lying with a gunshot wound dying on the ground leave it open

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                            erm how does him lying with a gunshot wound dying on the ground leave it open
                            Well there seems to be controversy about the fact that he may have not died. I for one think that the writers meant for him to have died.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Realistically, if he hadn't been shot at least twice after all that automatic weapons fire, something would have been wrong. He looked like he was shot near the heart, so that couldn't be good.
                              He got up, crawled defiantly, fell, and closed his eyes. He died. His life was going nowhere, he'd hit bottom almost... He did the one heroic thing he could do and then bought it. Well done for the alt. Shep.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Since we're mentioning it, one thing felt very odd to me. When he was shot, he just paused, looked at his wound, turned and ran. Realistically, if you were shot by an automatic such as the Wraith's then you would either fall flat on your back from the impact or at least stumble backwards. Idk, I've never been shot -- what do ya'll think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Working...
                                X