Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Chief Master Sergeant Yanks4Life23519's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    174

    Default question about the episode

    Okay, I'm a little confused about something. When McKay was telling Sheppard he met another version of him, is he "Rod" from McKay and Mrs. Miller? and is that the Sheppard from Rod's world, cause it doesn't sound like the Sheppard he was talking about?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...kingYanks3.jpg
    Sheppard: See? Things are looking up.

  2. #2
    Chief Master Sergeant Kratos_Goauld_of_War's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Brookfield, Ma. USA
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: question about the episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks4Life23519 View Post
    Okay, I'm a little confused about something. When McKay was telling Sheppard he met another version of him, is he "Rod" from McKay and Mrs. Miller? and is that the Sheppard from Rod's world, cause it doesn't sound like the Sheppard he was talking about?
    I'm assuming Vegas Rodney had a similar experience as "Rod" did. In that event he met an alternate Sheppard who was very similar to our Sheppard. Vegas Rodney couldn't be the one from "McKay and Mrs. Miller." because "Rod" had a Sheppard on Atlantis, Vegas Rodney didn't. Vegas Sheppard was thrown out of the armed forces so never made it to Atlantis in the Vegas reality.

    Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

  3. #3
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: question about the episode

    Rod was way cooler than this Rodney.

  4. #4
    Chief Master Sergeant Yanks4Life23519's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: question about the episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
    I'm assuming Vegas Rodney had a similar experience as "Rod" did. In that event he met an alternate Sheppard who was very similar to our Sheppard. Vegas Rodney couldn't be the one from "McKay and Mrs. Miller." because "Rod" had a Sheppard on Atlantis, Vegas Rodney didn't. Vegas Sheppard was thrown out of the armed forces so never made it to Atlantis in the Vegas reality.
    okay maybe I was confused cause I saw someone else here mentioned it was Rod - it makes sense now, thanks =)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...kingYanks3.jpg
    Sheppard: See? Things are looking up.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: question about the episode

    I suspect the folks from "Vegas" are from one of many countless alternate realities out there, definitely not the one with "Rod," though.

  6. #6
    Chief Master Sergeant ZOMG!b_cs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: question about the episode

    I was confused about this too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

  7. #7
    Captain Hermiiod's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*
    Posts
    1,523

    Default Re: question about the episode

    Also The Rodney from Vegas tells Sheppard that a few months ago we created a rift in the fabric of the Universe. Clearly, the Rod from MandMM wasn't the one to create the rift.

  8. #8
    Major Jill_Ion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Hangin' w/ the Growlblinkies
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: question about the episode

    At first I thought the AU Rodney was Rod from McK&MM, but realized it wasn't him as he didn't have the same Sheppard Rod had. I also thought for a sec that this Rodney was Rod who ended up not in his own universe, but in an AU to the AU we know as reality.

    AAAAGH! I'm confusing myself!

    I'm going with these were completely new people who just happened to look like people we know.

    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

    "Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

    WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.


  9. #9
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: question about the episode

    I'm assuming it is Rod, simply because at one point he says to AU Shep that things dont always work out the way we'd like (or words similar) and I took that to mean that when he went back through the rift he didn't end up in his original universe!

    I think I'm right here, but am open to being corrected!

  10. #10
    Captain Hermiiod's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*
    Posts
    1,523

    Default Re: question about the episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Val_w View Post
    I'm assuming it is Rod, simply because at one point he says to AU Shep that things dont always work out the way we'd like (or words similar) and I took that to mean that when he went back through the rift he didn't end up in his original universe!
    I never actually though about it that way. That Rod from Mckay & Mrs. Miller, when he went back ended up in the reality that we have now known as "The Vegas Reality"
    Poor Rod

  11. #11
    First Lieutenant Dwparsnip's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N of the Equator and S of the North Pole.
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: question about the episode

    I wouldn't assume it's Rod. It conceivable that there's an infinite number of "McKay" it could be, and it's equally conceivable that at least some of them has either gone into another reality of had a John Sheppard show up from another reality.

Similar Threads

  1. Have an episode question.
    By PurpleDolphin in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM
  2. Episode question
    By LindzyRae in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM
  3. Question.. About an episode..
    By Shinkana in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2005, 09:14 PM
  4. I've got a question about an episode...
    By Kiffy in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 17th, 2005, 02:36 PM
  5. Episode question
    By Cuteraptor in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 17th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •