This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Producers (Music)????????

Okay, I dunno if this is been asked before, but I have one big questiooon...

Why the hell didnt these Norwegion guys get sued?

It took my by a shock when I heard about them and I wasbaffled as to why they exist at all. Dont seem right is all.

Just a curiousity

R
    sigpic

"You were from a perfect world...a world that threw me away today" - Marilyn Manson

...what Norwegian guys?

Go Green

Comment

I think he means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(production_team)
      Last edited by PG15; 03 January 2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

The link needs fixing
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Fixed.
          Last edited by PG15; 03 January 2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Or this..........perhaps?!!

http://www.norway.org/culture/music/stargatetofame.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              should have gone by the name teal'c

Comment

Oh yeah, there was a run of songs a few years back that used to say "Stargate" at the beginning

Always used to make me giggle

Comment

Hey, they only copied the word Stargate. In my eyes it seems to be free advertising, if they would say Stargate over and over before their songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanne 187 View Post

Why the hell didnt these Norwegion guys get sued?
                    Because "Stargate" means something different in Norwegian, perhaps?

Because they're totally unrelated too (like Apple Corp & Apple Inc were)

BTW, DON'T DO THIS <snip>
                    Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 January 2009, 05:00 AM.
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

you do know that the word stargate has been around for a lot longer than this franchise right?

Comment

Maybe, but once the movie came out, they pretty much owned the rights to use it as a franchise. To use it as another takes the attention off of its intended purpose.
                        <snip>

Thanks,

R
                        Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 January 2009, 05:01 AM. Reason: response to deleted sentance
                        sigpic

"You were from a perfect world...a world that threw me away today" - Marilyn Manson

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanne 187 View Post
                          Maybe, but once the movie came out, they pretty much owned the rights to use it as a franchise. To use it as another takes the attention off of its intended purpose.
                          Sir, your grasp of copyright law is even weaker than mine

Basically, you can only claim infringement if the newer brand/entity is benefiting directly from use of your trademarks. I know it comes as a shock, but I'm confident in saying more people are unaware of "our" Stargate, than are. Certainly the series anyway.

I refer you back to my pretty-damn-conclusive point about Apple Corp vs Apple Inc.
                          <mod snip> It's generally regarded as bad form to shout like this around these parts, just so's y'knows...
                          Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 January 2009, 05:03 AM. Reason: post referred to has been deleted
                          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I find this utterly fascinating! Why did they pick the name Stargate? I'd love to know more. And they started out as producers for Hear'say?! (for the Americans, they were the winners of a 'Pop Idol/American Idol' type TV show - the five winners of the show were put together into a singing 'band'. They lasted 18 months.)

As has been mentioned, unless they venture into the sci fi arena, they're entitled to use the name Stargate, in much the same way that Apple was able to use that name as long as it didn't go into music (something that had to be settled with iTunes etc as is well documented in recent news).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                              unless they venture into the sci fi arena,
                              what. Many other sci fi fictions use the word stargate or a device with a similar name that has the same function as the gates in SG1 and Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X