Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*

Default Elizabeth Weir in AU?

Considering it was an Alternate Universe, wouldn't that make it a prime opportunity to bring Elizabeth Wier back for an episode? I would've liked to see her actually. Even just having her walking past in the hall would've been really neat.

Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiiod View Post
    Considering it was an Alternate Universe, wouldn't that make it a prime opportunity to bring Elizabeth Wier back for an episode? I would've liked to see her actually. Even just having her walking past in the hall would've been really neat.
    Mentioning Weir would have been nice, but Tori Higginson has moved on.

I feel like a star.../The Home of Football

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiiod View Post
    That would have been excellent! but it wasn't to be
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...gs/CSI-sig.jpg

I miss Weir. Well at least I don't have to hope for her to appear in Season 6 anymore.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I miss Weir. Well at least I don't have to hope for her to appear in Season 6 anymore.
    Same here. And in my own little AU world, she was the medic that John tried to rescue. lalala

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Same here. And in my own little AU world, she was the medic that John tried to rescue. lalala
    It has occured to me that Season 5 needed Weir for at least a Recurring role.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

While it would have been nice to see Wier one last time, Torri has stated she has no interest in reprising the role...so that as they say is that.

Quote Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
    While it would have been nice to see Wier one last time, Torri has stated she has no interest in reprising the role...so that as they say is that.
    Yup, and don't even bet on her being in the movies. Joe M has made that crystal clear.

I hope she NEVER ever returns.

Not because I hate her. Or even because I dislike her.

But TPTB gashed up her story So badly with the repli-weir thing that it's just painful. I'd have been happier if she'd have just DIED at the hands of the replicators.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Captain

I don't believe she's said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

But TPTB gashed up her story So badly with the repli-weir thing that it's just painful. I'd have been happier if she'd have just DIED at the hands of the replicators.
    I agree with you on that. She should have died and been done with instead of popping up every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal
    I can't find a direct quote, but she was upset at having her role reduced and moved on.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post
    I can't find a direct quote, but she was upset at having her role reduced and moved on.
    I think that while she hasn't said "no way am I ever coming back" in some of the interviews and comments, it seems that is the best way to sum it up. I think it was more than her just getting the ax, from what I have read, it seems she was also disappointed with the direction of Weir and lack of closer, more specifically in episode with Repli-Weir which is why she chose not to reprise her role as Weir in that episode. I can certainly understand her reticence for not reprising the role written as it was. Of course I could have mis-interpreted, but that seemed to be the gist of it.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CalmStorm View Post
    I think that while she hasn't said "no way am I ever coming back" in some of the interviews and comments, it seems that is the best way to sum it up. I think it was more than her just getting the ax, from what I have read, it seems she was also disappointed with the direction of Weir and lack of closer, more specifically in episode with Repli-Weir which is why she chose not to reprise her role as Weir in that episode. I can certainly understand her reticence for not reprising the role written as it was. Of course I could have mis-interpreted, but that seemed to be the gist of it.
    You are correct. She didn't like the lack of closure for the character as I understand it. I'm sure there's more to it but it's none of our business anyway. The point is that they never wrote her character very well. It would have been easy to fix but they had other priorities. It's not too late IMHO but TPTB seem to think it is.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CalmStorm View Post
    That's my understanding as well. While the outcome may be the same, there's a difference between saying what you did and alleging that Torri said she would never come back.

Lieutenant Colonel Ruined_puzzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Mine too. They never mentioned her or the medic's name. It fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Mine too. They never mentioned her or the medic's name. It fits.
    Except that what in God's name would make Elizabeth Weir become a military medical officer?

All the othe characterisations seemed at least pretty similar to our ones.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Adrift and Lifeline were excellent eps. Lifeline was likley one of the best of the series, imo. A lot of drama going back and forth. I feel that they had an opportunity to really make this story work, but threw it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Adrift and Lifeline were excellent eps. Lifeline was likley one of the best of the series, imo. A lot of drama going back and forth. I feel that they had an opportunity to really make this story work, but threw it out.
    Yes. And that's where it stopped. Killing her off properly in Lifeline, or heck, even just the statement that she died in This Mortal Coil would have worked. But NO. They had to put in that damn scene in BAMSR and then follow up with the God awful Ghost in the machine.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Yes. And that's where it stopped. Killing her off properly in Lifeline, or heck, even just the statement that she died in This Mortal Coil would have worked. But NO. They had to put in that damn scene in BAMSR and then follow up with the God awful Ghost in the machine.
    I did like the flesh and blood copies, but I think the last scene in BAMSR should of been followed up with an episode in Season 4, and they should of kept something going.

Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*

Elizabeth Wier is dead! Dead I say! Frozen in space forever!! And dare I say it, I like it that way! (Not that I didn't like Wier when she was a human)
    But please, don't let me clog up this discussion between BG and FOBennett. Please continue. . . !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast