Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
  1. #1
    Captain Hermiiod's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*
    Posts
    1,523

    Default Elizabeth Weir in AU?

    Considering it was an Alternate Universe, wouldn't that make it a prime opportunity to bring Elizabeth Wier back for an episode? I would've liked to see her actually. Even just having her walking past in the hall would've been really neat.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermiiod View Post
    Considering it was an Alternate Universe, wouldn't that make it a prime opportunity to bring Elizabeth Wier back for an episode? I would've liked to see her actually. Even just having her walking past in the hall would've been really neat.
    Mentioning Weir would have been nice, but Tori Higginson has moved on.

  3. #3
    Major General CazzBlade's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    I feel like a star.../The Home of Football
    Posts
    11,026

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermiiod View Post
    Considering it was an Alternate Universe, wouldn't that make it a prime opportunity to bring Elizabeth Wier back for an episode? I would've liked to see her actually. Even just having her walking past in the hall would've been really neat.
    That would have been excellent! but it wasn't to be
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...gs/CSI-sig.jpg

  4. #4
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    I miss Weir. Well at least I don't have to hope for her to appear in Season 6 anymore.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  5. #5
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,363

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I miss Weir. Well at least I don't have to hope for her to appear in Season 6 anymore.
    Same here. And in my own little AU world, she was the medic that John tried to rescue. lalala

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  6. #6
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Same here. And in my own little AU world, she was the medic that John tried to rescue. lalala
    It has occured to me that Season 5 needed Weir for at least a Recurring role.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  7. #7

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    While it would have been nice to see Wier one last time, Torri has stated she has no interest in reprising the role...so that as they say is that.

  8. #8
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
    While it would have been nice to see Wier one last time, Torri has stated she has no interest in reprising the role...so that as they say is that.
    Yup, and don't even bet on her being in the movies. Joe M has made that crystal clear.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  9. #9
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    I hope she NEVER ever returns.

    Not because I hate her. Or even because I dislike her.

    But TPTB gashed up her story So badly with the repli-weir thing that it's just painful. I'd have been happier if she'd have just DIED at the hands of the replicators.


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  10. #10
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
    While it would have been nice to see Wier one last time, Torri has stated she has no interest in reprising the role...so that as they say is that.
    I don't believe she's said that.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    I hope she NEVER ever returns.

    Not because I hate her. Or even because I dislike her.

    But TPTB gashed up her story So badly with the repli-weir thing that it's just painful. I'd have been happier if she'd have just DIED at the hands of the replicators.
    I agree with you on that. She should have died and been done with instead of popping up every now and then.

    Quote Originally Posted by parsifal
    I don't believe she's said that.
    I can't find a direct quote, but she was upset at having her role reduced and moved on.

  12. #12
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    981

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
    While it would have been nice to see Wier one last time, Torri has stated she has no interest in reprising the role...so that as they say is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by parsifal View Post
    I don't believe she's said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post
    I can't find a direct quote, but she was upset at having her role reduced and moved on.
    I think that while she hasn't said "no way am I ever coming back" in some of the interviews and comments, it seems that is the best way to sum it up. I think it was more than her just getting the ax, from what I have read, it seems she was also disappointed with the direction of Weir and lack of closer, more specifically in episode with Repli-Weir which is why she chose not to reprise her role as Weir in that episode. I can certainly understand her reticence for not reprising the role written as it was. Of course I could have mis-interpreted, but that seemed to be the gist of it.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,363

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalmStorm View Post
    I think that while she hasn't said "no way am I ever coming back" in some of the interviews and comments, it seems that is the best way to sum it up. I think it was more than her just getting the ax, from what I have read, it seems she was also disappointed with the direction of Weir and lack of closer, more specifically in episode with Repli-Weir which is why she chose not to reprise her role as Weir in that episode. I can certainly understand her reticence for not reprising the role written as it was. Of course I could have mis-interpreted, but that seemed to be the gist of it.
    You are correct. She didn't like the lack of closure for the character as I understand it. I'm sure there's more to it but it's none of our business anyway. The point is that they never wrote her character very well. It would have been easy to fix but they had other priorities. It's not too late IMHO but TPTB seem to think it is.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  14. #14
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalmStorm View Post
    I think that while she hasn't said "no way am I ever coming back" in some of the interviews and comments, it seems that is the best way to sum it up. I think it was more than her just getting the ax, from what I have read, it seems she was also disappointed with the direction of Weir and lack of closer, more specifically in episode with Repli-Weir which is why she chose not to reprise her role as Weir in that episode. I can certainly understand her reticence for not reprising the role written as it was. Of course I could have mis-interpreted, but that seemed to be the gist of it.
    That's my understanding as well. While the outcome may be the same, there's a difference between saying what you did and alleging that Torri said she would never come back.

  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel Ruined_puzzle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    anti-couch
    Posts
    3,336

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Same here. And in my own little AU world, she was the medic that John tried to rescue. lalala
    Mine too. They never mentioned her or the medic's name. It fits.

  16. #16
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Mine too. They never mentioned her or the medic's name. It fits.
    Except that what in God's name would make Elizabeth Weir become a military medical officer?

    All the othe characterisations seemed at least pretty similar to our ones.


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  17. #17
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    I hope she NEVER ever returns.

    Not because I hate her. Or even because I dislike her.

    But TPTB gashed up her story So badly with the repli-weir thing that it's just painful. I'd have been happier if she'd have just DIED at the hands of the replicators.
    Adrift and Lifeline were excellent eps. Lifeline was likley one of the best of the series, imo. A lot of drama going back and forth. I feel that they had an opportunity to really make this story work, but threw it out.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  18. #18
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Adrift and Lifeline were excellent eps. Lifeline was likley one of the best of the series, imo. A lot of drama going back and forth. I feel that they had an opportunity to really make this story work, but threw it out.
    Yes. And that's where it stopped. Killing her off properly in Lifeline, or heck, even just the statement that she died in This Mortal Coil would have worked. But NO. They had to put in that damn scene in BAMSR and then follow up with the God awful Ghost in the machine.


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  19. #19
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Yes. And that's where it stopped. Killing her off properly in Lifeline, or heck, even just the statement that she died in This Mortal Coil would have worked. But NO. They had to put in that damn scene in BAMSR and then follow up with the God awful Ghost in the machine.
    I did like the flesh and blood copies, but I think the last scene in BAMSR should of been followed up with an episode in Season 4, and they should of kept something going.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  20. #20
    Captain Hermiiod's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*
    Posts
    1,523

    Default Re: Elizabeth Wier in AU?

    Elizabeth Wier is dead! Dead I say! Frozen in space forever!! And dare I say it, I like it that way! (Not that I didn't like Wier when she was a human)
    But please, don't let me clog up this discussion between BG and FOBennett. Please continue. . . !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Dr Elizabeth Weir
    By Stargate_atlantis- in forum Atlantis Season 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
  2. Dr. Elizabeth Weir
    By GateGipsy in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: February 19th, 2006, 07:04 PM
  3. Weir, Elizabeth
    By steelcage in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 16th, 2005, 05:34 AM
  4. Dr. Elizabeth Weir
    By watcher652 in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 18th, 2004, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •