Plot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
    I do not like when they do this. With infinite possibilites and realities episodes like this can go on forever in any sort of way and make no sense within the bigger picture.
    The good thing about this AU episode is that it DOES make sense within the bigger picture. The beacon activated by the Wraith didn't signal the other Wraith in that reality, it signaled the Wraith in OTHER realities, one of those being our own.

Spoiler:
    The Wraith in Enemy at the Gate will now know the location of Earth, even though we don't know how the alternate Wraith knew the location of Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
      Doesn't it stand to reason that AU's "our" team haven't come across may have met other AU's that we haven't come across either? There are an infinite number of alternate realities out there after all.
      Yes it does.

Originally posted by MCH View Post
      Now that make sense to me Joe did say the 2 episodes where linked, so was that the link he was talking about? Has any one asked Joe yet?

MCH
      The link will make perfect sense in EATG
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
        Yes it does.

The link will make perfect sense in EATG

Good.

One other thing I curious about.
        Spoiler:

Rod recognised Shepherd and mentioned the other Shepherd he'd meet. So taking that line of theought further, could Todd have also met the other Shepherd in the sme way Rodney did?

Or was he in contact with the other Wraith, hum no that doesn't work does it?

Grrrr this is going to annoy me....... I hate it when parts of story only half told. Hoping maybe EATG could clear this up.

MCH
        sigpic
        Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

[QUOTE=rsanchez;9501433]The good thing about this AU episode is that it DOES make sense within the bigger picture. The beacon activated by the Wraith didn't signal the other Wraith in that reality, it signaled the Wraith in OTHER realities, one of those being our own.

I do not understand the difference....then the Wraith will receive that beacon....travel through the rift to alternate Earth where it originated from....suck the life out of all the humans...Big Finale! Alas, since it did not really happen in the reality we all based the show in I am sure Atlantas will be back alive and well in it's normal reality for some DVD movies like nothing happened. That's what frustrates me about these alternate realities. Anything can happen with out consequences because there is alway an out.

Comment

Originally posted by ascended alteran View Post
            They established the fact that regular wraith have mental abilities in "Rising." The wraith in the darts above Athos are able to make the Athosians and Sumner's team see things that aren't really there.
            True, but you have to admit that after the first few episodes of season 1, that 'skill' kind of disappeared. It really wasn't used much or referred to after that. That's why this wraith's 'abilities' sort of came out of the blue. (Of course, in that particular reality, it could've been much more developed....)

Comment

AmyE: I do not understand the difference....then the Wraith will receive that beacon....travel through the rift to alternate Earth where it originated from....suck the life out of all the humans...Big Finale! Alas, since it did not really happen in the reality we all based the show in I am sure Atlantas will be back alive and well in it's normal reality for some DVD movies like nothing happened. That's what frustrates me about these alternate realities. Anything can happen with out consequences because there is alway an out.[/QUOTE]

close, but not quite. The signal sent by 'Vegas Wraith' was sent, but 'Vegas Wraith hiveships' didn't receive the signal. The signal got lost in some sort of time/space rift, so that hiveships in OTHER realities may receive it. That means that the wraith in "our" Pegasus galaxy might receive this unexpected signal showing the location of a planet w/ a huge feeding ground. THAT's why "our" Atlantis may be the last line of defense between the Wraith and "our" earth.

It was only McKay's & Woolsey's one-minute conversation toward the very end that mentioned that, so it would have been easy to miss.

Comment

Not to quibble, but.... if Sheppard had gotten a Dishonorable Discharge from the Air Force, I don't think he would've been eligible to be hired by a police force. Maybe it varies by state, but in a lot of states, that definitely makes him ineligible.

By the way, in "our" AU, Sheppard wears a black wristband on his right wrist, and I've heard it may cover a bracelet that he never takes off. In this ep, I clearly saw a bracelet on his wrist, but didn't get a good look at it. Anybody know what it was??

Comment

There seems to be some debate (although not a mass one) about whether or not the Mckay in the Vegas reality was the Rod who visited our reality. The answer is no.

What you want more? Oh ok then:

as we know there are infinite realities in the multiverse and because they are seperated by what can be very small differences most of them are pretty much identical. This means that if our Dr Mckay came up with the idea of an intergalactic bridge, so did one from another reality. And just like Rod was from the reality that we connected to, so another Dr Mckay (or someone else, smart Shepherd for example) would have travelled to (or from) the Vegas reality.

So thats how Vegas Mckay can refer to an interdimensional meeting with another Shepherd.

Dude you reckon Vegas Mckay and Vegas Keller have got something going on?
                  "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
                    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if the big deal in 'Vegas' is about the Wraith not knowing the location of Earth, where did the Wratih in the episode and his hive ship that arrived three months ago come from? And by the way, what's the deal with regular Wraith (not just queens) having super mental abilities?

If I were you I'd watch the Vegas re-run and then the finale right after it. Because they will meld together quite well.

Of course I don't totally understand how the wraith got on earth in Vegas, but it was a great episode.

Comment

Ok, so some of my thoughts:
                      This McKay wasn't the same one we saw in the ep with his sister: remember, he's called "Rod" in that reality; Jennifer called him "Rodney", and maybe AU Zelenka did too, can't remember.
                      I think the AU Wraith got the intell from Todd (i mean, why would the Team drag Todd to Earth...oh wait, they did that once. In the AU, after Colonel Lorne and Todd got away from the Geni, there wasn't the 'bonding' between them like Shep and Todd. So Todd, in a later encounter, stole the location of Earth and specs for interstellar hyperdrives.
                      Boy, I hope all the different AU SGC's and SGA's are up for Wraith attacks. (oh, and the Goa'uld dominated Earths, the Ori Dominated Earths, the Replicator Dominated Earths, the Earths where a guy in a blue box saves the day instead of the Team, the Earth where Sam Carter has been brainwashed to think that she's a 160 year old British woman hunting the Trust's failed experiments, and all the Earths from all the bad Saturday night movies!)

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                        Not to quibble, but.... if Sheppard had gotten a Dishonorable Discharge from the Air Force, I don't think he would've been eligible to be hired by a police force. Maybe it varies by state, but in a lot of states, that definitely makes him ineligible.
                        Maybe when they saw he kept trying after failing his detective exam twice, they took pity on him and let him join. Also, are you sure it makes you illegible to be hired by a police force, and not that it only makes you illegible to be a police officer?

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                          Maybe when they saw he kept trying after failing his detective exam twice, they took pity on him and let him join. Also, are you sure it makes you illegible to be hired by a police force, and not that it only makes you illegible to be a police officer?
                          And I thought Rodney said that the entire affair had been "sealed" due to some political maneuvering, so the department may not have even been aware of the incident. His record probably did not reflect it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I wonder how long it takes a wraith to start getting hungry?

Comment

They can probably go months or even years between feedings, unless they are injured as was shown in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                And I thought Rodney said that the entire affair had been "sealed" due to some political maneuvering, so the department may not have even been aware of the incident. His record probably did not reflect it.
                                Right on! The records were sealed, so state background checks wouldn't pull up anything.

To clarify for the other poster, you can't just walk in and take a detective's exam. If he was ineligible to join the police force, he would never have the opportunity to take a detective's exam.

Comment

Working...
                                X