X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Way too "far pitched"

at 1st i thought SGA was a "far pitched" after i seen this:
    http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1/100.shtml
    After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by the Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates(SIDE NOTE: If theres stargates WHY THE FRACK CANT THEY GATE BACK TO EARTH?), thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.
    im sorry but there is a 85% that im not waching this POS show. if MGM wants the fans back i say they really need to tie up dead ends from SG1 and now SGA soon to be SGU.
    dead ends like Jacks "copy" of him when he was a teen, what erver happen to the outher races like the Nox, or how did the Replicators get to the Milky Way, and who really made the stargate was it the Lanteans or the Ancients.

The Lanteans ARE the Ancients. They weren't always called Ancients.

As for why they can't gate back to Earth, I'm guessing it takes a whole butt-load of power to jump that far, even more than from Pegasus and back with a ZPM. I'm guessing it's a fluke that they were even able to dial to the Destiny in the first place and they're not gonna have enough power to simply gate back.
    sigpic

Comment

The 9th chevron is a special function that lets u gate from anywhere in the universe to the destiny, not the other way around. Once theyre on the destiny they would need an insane powersource and serious reprogramming to gate back to earth, plus they would need to know exactly where they were in relation to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        The 9th chevron is a special function that lets u gate from anywhere in the universe to the destiny, not the other way around. Once theyre on the destiny they would need an insane powersource and serious reprogramming to gate back to earth, plus they would need to know exactly where they were in relation to earth.
        Which im sure they might actully do. Maybe i dont know
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Odd. The one thing is though. There are always loose ends in shows. Or things that can be deemed as such, another additional plot that you would like to see, one more moment between characters. You can't tie up everything in a show, not even B5 was able to do it, it even left a few things that could have been considered loose ends or plots that they would have loved to go back to and check back in. It is even more difficult with a show like Stargate that is not trying to tell one story, but several.

As for me. Really wish we would see some more Cassandra.

Oh, and on another note. They still are making SG-1 and SGA movies, I see no reason why they can't continue doing that and make universe a successful show.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            Odd. The one thing is though. There are always loose ends in shows. Or things that can be deemed as such, another additional plot that you would like to see, one more moment between characters. You can't tie up everything in a show, not even B5 was able to do it, it even left a few things that could have been considered loose ends or plots that they would have loved to go back to and check back in. It is even more difficult with a show like Stargate that is not trying to tell one story, but several.

As for me. Really wish we would see some more Cassandra.

Oh, and on another note. They still are making SG-1 and SGA movies, I see no reason why they can't continue doing that and make universe a successful show.
            Like i have said before. if SGU Tanks then the whole franchise will because i doubt Sci Fi or MGM as a whole will take the risks with another one. Is it paraniod yes but still thats what they might do.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
              Like i have said before. if SGU Tanks then the whole franchise will because i doubt Sci Fi or MGM as a whole will take the risks with another one. Is it paraniod yes but still thats what they might do.
              Or roll the dice again, after all...but I would not worry too much about Universe tanking too badly in all honesty. It will be good, may not be great, it will have its problems and its triumphs. It has to make it out of the first season though.

Comment

What do you mean by "far pitched"?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  What do you mean by "far pitched"?
                  To heavly marketed. No wait thats impossible because they havnt done any

Comment

I am closing this thread while I figure out which one to merge it with. We've got the general discussion here for general discussion on the show, and that seems more appropriate. There are also ongoing threads to do with the 9th Chevron and the Destiny's ability to contact Earth. Discussions about what should have been done with the Stargate franchise also have their own threads in here and in the General Stargate Discussion folder.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X