Caprica pilot movie SCRIPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
    yea lol i wonder what everyone else will think? now to figure how to save that caprica pdf
    Caprica script is also here
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

ahhhhhh yes thanks ur a big help

the movie seems pretty good cant wait for the series also
      Last edited by daniel9; 30 December 2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Just read the script. Wasn't excited to see this show. When the trailer came out, i was plesantly surpised. Reading the script, this is my most anticipated new show comming out that i know of! I wish it was (I can't believe that its only the miniseries, the series will be a year later) coming out sooner!!!!

I know that Ron Moore has said that it's gonna be more 'family orientated', but ron moore also says that BSG is a 'soap opera in space'. Guess what, BSG doesn't seem like a 'soap opera in space', so i'm betting Caprica will not seem as 'family orientated' as he says it will be!

If they translate this script into the visual medium and uphodl this script (or any future revisions) in the visual medium, it'll be great.

Also, is this script only the first half of the miniseries. I noticed that its called "Caprica Pt 1". So is it like the script for the first half of the miniseries (i.e. the script for the first half of BSG was when lee activiated the EMP)???

Cheers.
        Aussie

Comment

read it and.....reads like another pile of that s4 rubbish

A lot of people said this would be some weird half-breed from MooreEick and Remi Aubuchon since both had their shows canceled skiffy decided to mix it up and give us a new mongrel of a series

I'm a fan of BSG S1-S3.5 and not any of the cylon drama junk and not a fan of Remi Aubuchon's day 2 with Kiefer Sutherland 24
          so I for one will be giving this spin off series a miss

Comment

The genesis of the Cylons is quite interesting....

Comment

and the genesis of projecting enviroments

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                and the genesis of projecting enviroments
                The holobands...

Comment

Yeah, I read this script a few days back. Looks really good considering my initial apprehensions. I want to know where they're taking the whole Tauron/Caprican prejudice thing (seeing as it's not all that strong once they'd formed the Colonial Government). I'm glad that it's V-R, not actual skinjobs as I thought it would be initially.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                    Yeah, I read this script a few days back. Looks really good considering my initial apprehensions. I want to know where they're taking the whole Tauron/Caprican prejudice thing (seeing as it's not all that strong once they'd formed the Colonial Government). I'm glad that it's V-R, not actual skinjobs as I thought it would be initially.
                    Canonicaly, skinjobs didn't even exist untill the Second Cylon War.

In any case, the visualisation of the actual scrips don't seem too stelar going by the trailer, the scene with the holoband- it just loks like a pair of sunglasses with flashing lights around the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Canonicaly, skinjobs didn't even exist untill the Second Cylon War.
                      Right, but there was a lot of speculation after the trailer aired that "oh, that Zoe model is actually the first skinjob". Good gods, I'm glad she's not. And I trust Ron Moore wouldn't have done something stupid like that anyway.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom
                      In any case, the visualisation of the actual scrips don't seem too stelar going by the trailer, the scene with the holoband- it just loks like a pair of sunglasses with flashing lights around the edges.
                      That's pretty much what it is, though, in the script. I mean, realistically that seems more sensible than a direct jack in the back of the head as you would see with, say, the Matrix. Anyway, the dialogue and drama DO look stellar to me .

Comment

from what we NOW know, the skinjob didn't exist until the second cylon war, but....there's a spoiler about the final five. Nobody knows if it's true
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          from what we NOW know, the skinjob didn't exist until the second cylon war, but....there's a spoiler about the final five. Nobody knows if it's true
                          Right, perhaps I should say no skinjobs as created by the Twelve Colonies .

Comment

Here's a working link for a download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIA7G7EF

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                              I reckon they're gonna take the Tauron / Caprican prejudice thing to the "colonies fighting each other with Cylons". The Greystone company will probably develop Cylons, and the Tauron Company will steal the designs or such... I think things will escalate to a head, with the companies or colonies going to war and starting the whole "Cylons fighting instead of humans' bit, BUT, because of what RDM has said about the show being a 'drama' instead of an 'adventure/action', I bet we won't get to see any of the fighting!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
                                I reckon they're gonna take the Tauron / Caprican prejudice thing to the "colonies fighting each other with Cylons". The Greystone company will probably develop Cylons, and the Tauron Company will steal the designs or such... I think things will escalate to a head, with the companies or colonies going to war and starting the whole "Cylons fighting instead of humans' bit, BUT, because of what RDM has said about the show being a 'drama' instead of an 'adventure/action', I bet we won't get to see any of the fighting!
                                Nah, I'm sure we'll see some action sequences. If the series is successful and has a bigger budget, there'll definitely be space for some fight sequences.

Good thinking though. The Vergis corporation might steal back the Greystone plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X