This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet of the dead

So the next special for doctor who is called planet of the dead....
    rumours I have heard is that McGann is returning at some point next year, does this smell of 4 time war specials....I HOPE SO! the planet of the dead could either be skaro or gallifrey.....

It could be that, or maybe they'll have him in a few shows, as a sort of dr lite season, to give the current doctor more time off to pursue other things.

Comment

Originally posted by valen_sinclair View Post
      So the next special for doctor who is called planet of the dead....
      rumours I have heard is that McGann is returning at some point next year, does this smell of 4 time war specials....I HOPE SO! the planet of the dead could either be skaro or gallifrey.....
      Well given two of the "Specials" include the Christmas ones eg one has already aired now, the other will air next year at Christmas I would go with a big fat NO!

I also kind of hope neither Skaro or Gallifrey are (is) the planet in question.

Also; Doctor Who is not about War, it is not about fighting, to have the Time War writ large in episodes even if only a couple of specials would IMHO go against a lot of what Doctor Who is actually about and I would be bitterly disappointed if the show went there. There is a huge difference between a few eps with fighting Daleks, Cybermen and whatnot and all out War between Daleks and Time Lords, one in which we more or less know the ending anyway.

I for one do not need to see it to know it was bad and wrong.

Give me an impression rather then the whole gory story any day. I also rather like, liking The Doctor, I don't think I would if all of the details of the Time War were to come to light.

Oh and I am not going to be happy to see McGann if that rumour proves true. Out of all the other Doctors who could show up he is on my least wanting to show up list.

Comment

Sorry will disagree, covering the timewar would be the ultimate swansong for RTD and DT, and it all points towards it.

Rumour - Paul McGann returning (he has already been on the bbc this year as doctor who & he was the doctor who fought in the timewar)
        Rumour - Patrick Stewart is to appear as the Meddling Monk (this was announced earlier in the year) and too me someone like the meddling monk could give the doctor the route into the timewar to SAVE the timelords and not be alone anymore.
        Fact - Tennants quitting and he made the timewar his own.
        Fact - RTD is leaving, and what better way than to go out with a bang.
        I see Tennant helping McGann in the timewar but dying in the last special to regen, it would then leave bringing back the troublesome timelords and daleks back without having to come up with stupid reasons for their (and davros) return cause it's beginning to lose a bit of appeal, and the daleks should never ever lose their appeal as I am a member of the royal society prevention of cruelty to daleks on facebook
        Anyway, Doctor Who is about fighting, albeit the doctor rarely does the combat, that is the nature of story telling there has to be a winner and loser, wether he is fighting the daleks, the master, the sontarians there is always a fight, and what better fight does there have to be than a fight against time itself. You assume that war has to be gory, take it you've seen to many saw movies....there is never gore in Doctor Who and there should never be, but war is a different matter.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Rumour - Paul McGann returning (he has already been on the bbc this year as doctor who & he was the doctor who fought in the timewar)
          Rumour - Patrick Stewart is to appear as the Meddling Monk (this was announced earlier in the year) and too me someone like the meddling monk could give the doctor the route into the timewar to SAVE the timelords and not be alone anymore.
          But the problem is that they are just rumours, until we get solid facts speculating on rumours without knowing their source is not going to get us anywhere

Fact - Tennants quitting and he made the timewar his own.
          Surely that was Eccleston?

I'm also in the not showing the Time War camp. Though I will freely admit it would make for an utterly amazing episode I think that on the whole it could only damage the series. Part of what made the original run go stale was that the mystery of the Doctor was all revealed, the Cartmell plan was supposed to rectify this before the cancellation but RTD managed to do bring back the mystery far more easily. The mystery of the Time War is now an integral part of the Doctor Who mythos and revealing it would do so much damage.

Comment

Working...
          X